Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mahourora

Custom Chibiusa !!

mahourora

hello !! I'm planning to make a chibiusa dollfie from sailor moon - and id like some advice!! i know for sure i want her on a mochi-ashi mdd body, with preferably semi white skin! I want to make her a custom as i do like the sailor moon dollfies volks have produced, but i want my girl to have a faceup based on the original manga - as its my favourite art style from sailor moon! i may change my mind if volks release their version of her, and i end up liking her more than i think i will, but this is currently the plan! 

spacer.pnglatest?cb=20141213041932

I'm really stuck on a mould that i think will perfectly suit her face!! Out of the standard models I like the 04 + 010 !! Though i think her eyes will need to be altered to be made bigger, and her faceup be custom too. Im not particular about her eyes being a perfect match - as i think just some pretty red ones will do. Have u guys got any ideas? I'm open to limited models suggestions also! 

Any recommendations for her wig too? Seeing as my wig styling skills aren't good enough to make something as complicated as her style, I know I'm going to have to custom order one for her - so any help would be appreciated!

For her outfits I'm going to go with her super sailor fuku first, and then her princess serenity dress!

Thank you for reading!!

StelSel

I feel  DWC Head # 01 might work ^^ has that oval eye shape and sanded mouth which can be easier ;o

4518992428710_a.jpg.fde44db2dc9f903692d0334ba9e3f702.jpg

Edited by StelSel
  • Like 2

miraclelovely

i agree with the DWC head #01, definitely would be a great match! as for eyes, i actually saw some perfect match sailor moon eyes on Etsy yesterday- they even had Chibi Moon's eyes, exactly as they originally look. i think if you just search up sailor moon doll eyes on Etsy, they'll pop up! ^^ as for wigs... no idea, i think checking Mercari wouldn't be a bad idea as i've seen some pretty neat wigs there. good luck, i'm sure she'll look super sweet!

mahourora

Thank you both!! The DWC1 is a really good fit.... now I just have to wait n hope the semi-white gets restocked soon!! 
And - I've seen the eyes your talking about!! They're super pretty - but as they're the same as the anime style I'm a bit hesitant on them. I think I'd prefer a more generic spacey design! I've been on the hunt for some galaxy eyes, but finding them in red that I like is proving difficult hehe. I'll keep checking!! 
Even just thinking of her makes me super happy - so whether I custom her from the beginning or custom the volks one they'll (hopefully. I'm being positive) release I can't wait to start working on her!! 

Gabihime

Ahhh, I can’t wait to see your Chibiusa Doll!  Chibiusa is my favorite.  I’m sort of always musing about building one myself.  I also really like your choice of outfits.

For wigs, I actually thing it might be best to go with a custom alpaca wig.

SophyMolly on Etsy does custom ones to order.  I intend to commission her for something myself.  I think there are certain styles that alpaca opens doors too which are very difficult to do with synthetics (or when they are done with synthetics, is done with a lot of hidden glue and styrofoam).  I know because I’ve build a not too dissimilar wig for myself for cosplay.  On a doll scale, I think Alpaca looks amazing, and would also let you get the volume of the pig tails without a whole lot of weight from wefts of hair.

Gabihime

Wow, that is stellar, and I totally understand the price point based on the complexity of that wig.  That being said, I think it’s gotta be super stiff based on the material used, so I guess it really depends on what you want for the wig.  There are lots of different ways to do the Chibiusa wig based on what you want it to be like.  I love the wigs they did for her in the Bandai musicals, where the hair flows more freely but has less volume in the pigtails as opposed to the more recent musicals post La Reconquista.  Moonlight Jewel did an amazing custom using nylon and has a tutorial about how she did it.  Obviously the scale is different, but it’s some good guidance!  Mozeqyto has great tutorials for making doll wigs, and they definitely scale.  I’m working on a custom wig for one of my boys right now!

mahourora

Thank you both!! 
I have seen the AmadizBeauty wig before, but i agree that i don't like how stiff it is - I'd prefer a soft more fluffy pigtail, which I agree would look better with a non-synthetic material. I'll definitely look into the tutorials and the custom wig, thank you!