Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AliensOfGold

The milk has gone sour

Gabihime

Oh, okay thanks for the insight!  I think talking about blue resin, I really was relating it directly to the desire for specifically Avatar dolls, because I can remember when that want exploded and Dollshe added it as a custom color, because so many people wanted blue resin at the time.  I don’t think a blue resin doll is the same as a blue vinyl doll, obv, but if a person’s desire is simply to have an avatar doll, then they end up being competing products.  If there is a desire for blue outside of that, then yeah, vinyl collectors will pursue vinyl.  I own both resin and vinyl, but I like vinyl a lot better, so I’m slowly shifting everyone over.  

I am glad there are people excited about the blue.  I mean, since I’m definitely pretty much exclusively interested in Japanese sci-fi and fantasy as opposed to western stuff, I’ve kind of realized that I’m not really the target for smartdoll anymore, which is totally fine.  As I’m always saying, not everything has to be made for me ahahaha.  I think my problem when thinking about smart doll over the last few weeks is that I was still moving from the assumption that it’s primarily made for anime fans or the Japanese market, as opposed to the western market (including western anime fans).  It makes sense that the decisions haven’t really been appealing to me because I am pretty much exclusively interested in stuff made for the Japanese market.  The western market for vinyl anime dolls definitely exists, and it’s fine for SMD to cater to it.  I’m just really glad I figured this out before I plunked down a lot of cash on an SMD and had buyers remorse.  I’m just gonna sit in my corner and happily mod parts to create frankendollies who meet my ideal expectations lol.

Katsudon

I had completely forgotten about Avatar tbh XD which is probably a good thing, 'cos that film would put me off blue dolls forever! I just like them because they are unusual.

(Please ignore my film opinions. I have a lot of them, and don't let my crabbiness or analysis get in the way of liking a thing. I mean, I judge the product, not the fans)

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3CoMCBD9V/

However as you know, Interstellar Blue is a limited edition color - we only have a small team with minimal resources and TeamMilk is putting the pressure on for option parts. We are currently making extra milk bodies which will be sold separate for folks who want them. This means no blue high heel feet.

So he is sort of blaming "team milk" for not being able to do as much with blue...but he did agree to make more milk bodies! 

• Like 1

Poofiemus
On 10/28/2020 at 5:22 AM, monkeypizzasonic said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3CoMCBD9V/

So he is sort of blaming "team milk" for not being able to do as much with blue...but he did agree to make more milk bodies! 

Oh thank GOD, hopefully this means milk boy option hands again! If so I will so buy them!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

MoonyKat

I’m glad Danny seems to be open to producing more milk dolls, I have a friend who needs parts in milk and the Smart Doll second hand market is a nightmare when it comes to discontinued stuff.  I’m also crossing my fingers that if the new milk bodies are released he will include some boys... and that they aren’t limited to existing customers only.

I love how the SmD boys are sculpted and would like one for a doll concept I have and while I don’t hate cinnamon, it’s a bit too orange for the idea in my head