Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mahourora

my first dollfie dream + a question!!

mahourora

So today my first Dollfie, the 1st edition of akihabara after school girls Moe, arrived and i am absolutely in love with her. From her faceup to her eyes to her clothes - she's stunning and makes me so happy. I'll definitely share some proper photos when I can - I'm just waiting on some items for her! Namely her stand, body stocking and wig cap! So she's a cutie already, but a bald cutie! My phone camera is so blurry but I was too excited to get her set up hehe

spacer.png

The only thing that made me a little sad was that she was missing her socks! I got her from Mandarake, but her clothes were completely unopened. I've checked everywhere in my room (and the packaging), and it leads me too believe she just didn't come with them and Volks made a mistake. Has this happened to anyone else? Missing parts and such? For such an expensive doll I didn't expect to have to search for replacement socks, even though I'm glad its just them and not the wig or something. 

For now - just seeing her sitting on my shelf makes me smile. I love her so much and i'm so excited to have begun my collection!! 

• Like 7

baldylox

Congrats on your Moe!  She's definitely a cutie!  :)

Since Mandarake is a second hand shop for dolls and such, it's entirely possible that when she was purchased from her owner, they didn't notice her socks were missing.  If it looks like her outfit hadn't been opened then maybe Mandarake also thought it was still sealed and didn't bother to check for all the parts.  Usually they are very good about this but there's always the chance they missed the socks.  

Hopefully you can find some replacements for her!

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

miraclelovely

congrats! she's super adorable! it sucks that she didn't come with her socks but like you said, it's really good that it was a more replaceable part..

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, mahourora said:

For such an expensive doll I didn't expect to have to search for replacement socks, even though I'm glad its just them and not the wig or something.

You might check for them in the instruction packet. Sometimes they put small items in there, but I have never seen that with docks. 

You can get replacement socks in various sizes from coolcats.

You could also also check the Volks site. If they were ankle socks, Volks sold some as a part of the White Rose Collection offering this year’s July New Outfit Collection.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mahourora
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

You might check for them in the instruction packet. Sometimes they put small items in there, but I have never seen that with docks. 

You can get replacement socks in various sizes from coolcats.

You could also also check the Volks site. If they were ankle socks, Volks sold some as a part of the White Rose Collection offering this year’s July New Outfit Collection.

thank you!! I've checked the entire box and no dice, but thanks to your suggestions i've found some very close replacements! They were thigh highs, so without them her outfit definitely looks incomplete! 

mahourora
11 hours ago, baldylox said:

Since Mandarake is a second hand shop for dolls and such, it's entirely possible that when she was purchased from her owner, they didn't notice her socks were missing

yeah, I unfortunately have lost the sales post on mandarake so i can't check if they were missing in the photos or in the description. oh whale! She's gorgeous regardless <3

mahourora
11 hours ago, miraclelovely said:

congrats! she's super adorable! it sucks that she didn't come with her socks but like you said, it's really good that it was a more replaceable part..

exactly!! and thank you - she is super cute!! and practically demanding a photo shoot - but we both have to be patient hehe

• Like 1

Amoretto
17 hours ago, mahourora said:

yeah, I unfortunately have lost the sales post on mandarake so i can't check if they were missing in the photos or in the description. oh whale! She's gorgeous regardless <3

Oh whale is one of my favorite phrases. Excited to see your girl complete! 

• Like 1

mahourora

While waiting for her replacement socks, Moe and I have had a lot of time to get to know each other!! I haven't been able to get my camera out yet, but I did do some posing practice to get used to her joints (and the stand. regretting not getting a sadle one😅) ! 

spacer.png

She was pretty shy at first, but soon got into her groove after some compliments !!

image6.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

While having her here her personality has quickly shown itself! She's a quiet girl, who has great passion for the things she loves - one of them being my switch, and especially project diva!! It seems we even share a favourite vocaloid! 

image1.jpg

When i get more comfortable with her, I definitely want to take her out and take some more dynamic photos!! 

Best wishes, Rora and Moe 💞

• Like 3

mahourora
45 minutes ago, littlecherishdoll said:

i hope your cute girl can get some socks, soon! I love her personality, she seems really sweet and earnest. (Luka is my favorite vocaloid, too!!)

thank you!! she is! she's always making sure we're both happy and doing our best !! (!!! She's gorgeous) <3

DreamDollDesign

Oh wow, she's so cute and sweet. Congratulations!

Meowjima

Aww, she's cute.  I've always wanted a AAG.

Xiongmao

She's really cute.

My Towa says hi... She really loves that belt with the chain on it 😍. Towa wants to cosplay as a vocaloid and we've recently ordered Miku hair.

I'm still a BJD noob but I will say that Towa had a terrible photoshoot debut when her legs fell off! I've since learnt that stripping her down and tightening the joints makes her much easier to pose.

spacer.png

Now where did I put my spectacles 😅?

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Yushimi

That tartan outfit is suuuppeeerrr cuuuuteeee. Congratulations on your girl!