Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Friendlily

Meet Eliot!

Friendlily

Wig and eyes arrived today, so now I can finally officially introduce my new girl! So many struggles went into putting her together that I got really emotional. I love her.

10-5-2020_2831

Meet Eliot. She's my first Dollfie Dream, and her faceup was done by me. She's wearing 20mm P-Type eyes from Volks and a wig from Cotindoll, which is of such a wonderful quality that I can barely describe. She's a ddh-10 head on a DD body, which is an unusual combination, I know, but honestly, isn't her longer looking neck the best part?

10-5-2020_278510-5-2020_2881

I decided to make her 21 years old, which is a first for me because all of the characters I've ever written before have been young teenagers or preteens. She's easygoing, chill, and levelheaded, and while she's usually very quiet she's quite the snarker, so consider yourself warned.

But in the end, when I was finally able to piece her together, I was so pleased that I swiped one of my family member's iPhone X to take these photos, because there was no way my my ancient iPhone 6 could do this angel justice.

10-5-2020_289210-5-2020_2933

It's been an incredible adventure so far in this hobby. I had so many ups and downs starting out—trying to do one faceup over and over again, staining a head, finding out I was using the wrong materials, not to mention my really bad self esteem—but the community here has been so amazing and kind and helpful... I'm really starting to ramble, but even though I had originally bought that DDH-10 for practice, seeing her come together like this fills me with so much joy. After all of that time just waiting and dreaming, I finally have a doll that I can proudly call my own and love to bits, so thank you, all of you guys out there. I really hope she manages to put a smile on your face.

In the meantime, I'll be working on painting more heads and characters, because spreading joy is a hard job for Eliot to do all alone. And not too long ago, the proxy service I'm using just sent me photos of my semi-white Dream Choice boy! So in short, expect more dolls to come! And once again, thanks to everyone on DollDreaming for your answers, suggestions, and kind words. I'll try my hardest to give back to the community!

10-5-2020_2950

Sorry for being cheesy, haha.

Edited by Friendlily
Said some things I no longer agree with.
  • Like 5

Things are going to be okay.

Amoretto

Sounds like you've come a long way! I love her gorgeous green eyes. 

Orenjiina

Hi there! Eliot is stunning! I love her green eyes and that wig looks so soft. They really suit her well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl!

Friendlily
14 hours ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

She's lovely!! Congrats on finally getting her together :)

Thank you! It feels great to have my hard work pay off.

9 hours ago, Amoretto said:

Sounds like you've come a long way! I love her gorgeous green eyes. 

Thanks! I love her green eyes too. I was so surprised when I discovered that the green P-type eyes were the only colour left at Volks USA; they've discontinued the P-type line and I can't imagine why people would turn away such a lovely colour.

4 hours ago, Orenjiina said:

Hi there! Eliot is stunning! I love her green eyes and that wig looks so soft. They really suit her well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl!

Yes, I love her a lot. I've always loved the green eyed brunette combo, I don't see much of them in the doll community. Glad she made your day! And thank you for your kind words!

• Like 1

Amoretto
7 hours ago, Friendlily said:

Thanks! I love her green eyes too. I was so surprised when I discovered that the green P-type eyes were the only colour left at Volks USA; they've discontinued the P-type line and I can't imagine why people would turn away such a lovely colour.

That's such a shame they were discontinued! I found myself wanting a pair for my girl. 

Friendlily
45 minutes ago, Amoretto said:

That's such a shame they were discontinued! I found myself wanting a pair for my girl. 

I think the 20mm and 24mm size in green are still in stock on the USA store, but I don't know how long they'll last. >.< If you want at least one pair of P-type eyes regardless of the colour and size, I recommend you get them now because I've seen second hand Volks eyes go up to 30$.

Amoretto
3 hours ago, Friendlily said:

I think the 20mm and 24mm size in green are still in stock on the USA store, but I don't know how long they'll last. >.< If you want at least one pair of P-type eyes regardless of the colour and size, I recommend you get them now because I've seen second hand Volks eyes go up to 30$.

Oh great! Thanks! Ironic though, considering I bought a pair of Volks eyes when I was 12 that I spent six years trying to sell on every platform, for like $10 or less. I still have them (I'm now in my twenties.) They're not even bad eyes. 

• Like 1

Yushimi

She is so cute! She has a lot of sweet personality. I agree about her long neck!