The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gabihime

Differences between the Azone 1/3 scale bodies?

Gabihime

Hi!  I was just wondering for all the Azone owners what the differences are between the stock obitsu bodies and the newer Azone bodies, when they started using their own sculpted parts.  I’m particularly interested in the Iris Collect and Petite lines, but the 1/3 dolls in general.  I’m a great fan of the sculpts of pure Neemos too, so the idea of those aesthetics on a 1/3 with obitsu engineering is appealing.

When did Azone start using their own parts?  I know that the larger girls had mostly or all stock parts for a long time.  I’m also interested in this answer for modding/hybrid possibilities in the future.

The Iris Collect Petites are slightly taller than MDDs, right?  Or is the difference negligible? I am currently selling a MSD sized resin girl to reshell her as an MDD sized vinyl girl.  (Her adult version is on the DD Lucy Maria sculpt).

K-2

The Azone AZ02 body goes back to at least 2017, possibly earlier. Azone took notice of all the custom exterior skins Obitsu was making for Angel Philia and Real Art Projects and finally designed their own body part sculpts. All the internal skeletal parts remain the same as the stock Obitsu 48/50cm. The parts that differ between the AZ02 and the stock 50cm are the exterior skins of the bust (upper torso), abdomen, (lower torso), and thighs.

Edited by K-2

MVSig.jpg

Cauldroness

Azone also has their own custom calf part, too! They don't use it often (the Azone Iris Collect girls don't have it), but some other dolls do sport the curvier calf.

FYI all the Iris Collect girls share a single headmold, and all the Iris Collect Petite girls also share one headmold. So if you're looking to repaint, just get whichever one has the cutest clothes.

Note the Azone 1/3 line are considered "1/3" but they're a petite 50cm, compared to the 57cm height of DD. They can share some clothes but they definitely look a little out-of-scale next to each other.

• Like 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Gabihime

It’s totally fine because I have a whole lot of really small adult women characters, so their small size isn’t a bug, it’s a feature!  I also draw the smallest girls at a 1:5 or 1:5.5 head ratio, so the scale is going to be good.  And thanks for the heads up about Iris Collect head molds.  I find the different custom vinyl body parts really fascinating.  I can’t wait to compare them.

CaraOReilly
On 10/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, Cauldroness said:

Azone also has their own custom calf part, too! They don't use it often (the Azone Iris Collect girls don't have it), but some other dolls do sport the curvier calf.

FYI all the Iris Collect girls share a single headmold, and all the Iris Collect Petite girls also share one headmold. So if you're looking to repaint, just get whichever one has the cutest clothes.

Note the Azone 1/3 line are considered "1/3" but they're a petite 50cm, compared to the 57cm height of DD. They can share some clothes but they definitely look a little out-of-scale next to each other.

Having just purchased an Iris Collect doll, I'm curious as to where I can find clothes that will fit he since she is a very short 1/3 scale doll, are they any shops on Etsy that carry Azone sizes or is it just a matter of buy it when you find it if you find it?

AZONE IRIS COLLECT SUMIRE: CARA O'REILLY

ragnamuffin
On 5/14/2021 at 12:40 AM, CaraOReilly said:

Having just purchased an Iris Collect doll, I'm curious as to where I can find clothes that will fit he since she is a very short 1/3 scale doll, are they any shops on Etsy that carry Azone sizes or is it just a matter of buy it when you find it if you find it?

You may have figured this out by now, but the Iris Collect dolls use AZO2 bodies, so any clothing marketed for AZO2 should fit her. Azone has been putting out some really cute outfits for this body type recently:

https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/category/search?mode=nostock&search_word=AZO2

chef_mai

I've been shopping around and echo the recommendation of sticking to the official Azone clothes for the best compatibility. Azonet (via a proxy) maintains a decent selection year round and restocks some of the basics from past years. Hobby Search does too, but it's been slimmer pickings there lately.

For the stuff that's out of production, Y! Auctions and second hand shops have them, some used and some brand new.

Outside of Azone, it's trickier. If you swap down to a smaller bust, MSD/MDD/DDP tops fit about the same as they would on a DDP, where there's a long-running topic for that. Otherwise, you'll be looking at tops specifically made for DD/DDS where (long) sleeves and overall length may run a little long. 

For bottoms, you can buy DD/DDS shorts and skirts, but verify with the seller to be safe. MDD bottoms won't fit on an AZO2 since they'll get stuck trying to get them on.

There aren't many 3rd party shops making clothes specifically for AZO2, but one that does have a fair bit is littlewonder.jp, which carries a wide assortment of basics. They have pictures showing how each article fits across bodies.