Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Mame

Questions about MSC clumping

Mame

I was working on a faceup and noticed after a coat of MSC the face started to look a bit fuzzy. After it dried it still was fuzzy looking and thats when I realized, the MSC clumped up. I'm almost already done with the face up and I don't really want to wipe it. What should I do? 

hanasori

That usually happens to me when I spray MSC during high humidity, too close to the head (was taught that 12 inches away minimum was best) or the nozzle didn't diffuse correctly. Does it have a translucent, bubbly sheen? One time I had sprayed too many layers on a doll head years ago and it cracked because I had put like 12 layers on it lol. Usually with MSC messing up like that the work can't be salvaged without ruining the entire faceup. You might want to leave the head in a dry, warm area to see if it "calms" down for a bit.

• Thanks 1

Misuka

Unfortunately, now that it's on there, it's on there, and that's that. I think the only option is wiping it, unfortunately. Usually clumping is caused by not shaking the can enough, humidity, or not having the proper distance away from the head you are spraying. 

• Thanks 1

Mame
19 hours ago, hanasori said:

Does it have a translucent, bubbly sheen?

Yes exactly! Although its more cloudy.

3 hours ago, Misuka said:

Unfortunately, now that it's on there, it's on there, and that's that. I think the only option is wiping it, unfortunately. Usually clumping is caused by not shaking the can enough, humidity, or not having the proper distance away from the head you are spraying. 

Yeah, I think the only option is to wipe it, but thats ok cause this was my first attempt! Some dust also got trapped in there so removing it comes with some positives I guess! 

Thanks everyone! 

• Like 2

hanasori

No problem! Don't forget to ventilate and best of luck!

• Thanks 1