Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

whitewhale

Horrible stains

whitewhale

Hi y'all,

I thought I'd share pics of my doll's bodysuit's stains, and I'd love to see how bad the stains your dolls or bodysuits have accumulated. Or perhaps stain cases even worse than mine.

Thankfully, for my case, all the stains are only on the bodysuit, and I have a spare unique bodysuit for 2B since my current one had some mild physical defects.

spacer.png

More here: https://imgur.com/a/eFQaKTC

Incidentally, I know this isn't the help & support subforum, but I've got a question: Would these stains ever fully permeate the suit and stain the body?

luisjavier_osorio

I don't own dollfies. But have experience with Jenny's 1/6 clothes, which can be as delicated.

Mild hand soap can help in some cases. However, depends of the fabric in the end. There are ones that may get cleaned but end up stiff or rough. Try washing a small spot not meant to be seen. If you like the results, then you can try washing the whole bodysuit.

If the body ends up stained apply OXY cream on the stains, let it sit on sunligth for 2 or 3 hours and repeat if necessary.

sunlightandtea

2B is a gorgeous doll, I'm glad the bodysuit protects her well!

I don't have pictures but one of the heads I purchased, a DDH Ruri, had a strange grey smudge at the top of her face near the headcap (it looked like remnant glue from something but it was super stuck on there), and a completely yellow spot on the headcap. I was able to remove both using Removezit (a jar that's over a year old, btw) and formula 911 to remove the Removezit residue. Laid it thick on the spots, let it rest for 24 hours and boom. Gone. The vinyl swelled but it went away after about a week or two.

So far I haven't stained my doll's body but it's a matter of time. I'm quite happy with how well Removezit works though so I'm not super worried about staining anymore.

MoonyKat

I don’t have pics but the bodysuit I have on my DD Miku has some real nasty stains on her butt and the back of her thighs.  She used to be my only doll for three years so I’ve taken her all over the place and probably accidentally sat her down on something really dirty.  Better her bodysuit than her actual legs!
I would like to figure out a way to wash it, I wish I could just throw it in the wash and see what happens but it’s the special Miku edition bodysuit so if I ruin it I’m going to have a tough time finding a new one for a decent price.

None of the stains on my Miku’s suit have ever permeated to her skin but since the stains on your girl’s suit is caused by her outfit I would keep an eye on the problem areas so you can treat any possible stains ASAP!

Jezrah

Anytime I have a bad stain on doll clothing, I will soak the item in a bowl of Oxyclean for a few hours, and then hand rinse it in the sink. I prefer to use a clean glass bowl for this, because one time I used what appeared to be a clean clear plastic tub, but once I put the white shirt in the water it turned pink on the edges, so there must have been residue or a reaction with the plastic or something. I took it out and used a glass bowl instead, and it came clean. If you're worried about the decal on Miku's suit, you could leave the arm dangling out so it doesn't get wet.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

MoonyKat
15 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Anytime I have a bad stain on doll clothing, I will soak the item in a bowl of Oxyclean for a few hours, and then hand rinse it in the sink. I prefer to use a clean glass bowl for this, because one time I used what appeared to be a clean clear plastic tub, but once I put the white shirt in the water it turned pink on the edges, so there must have been residue or a reaction with the plastic or something. I took it out and used a glass bowl instead, and it came clean. If you're worried about the decal on Miku's suit, you could leave the arm dangling out so it doesn't get wet.

That’s not a bad idea 🤔

I’ll have to see if I have a spare glass bowl that I can put cleaning chemicals in and try that!