Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
BeyondTime

Volks USA Holiday Greeting Event

BeyondTime

Volks USA is having their annual one-off lottery again this year. 

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/event/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1900

This event brings a reminder of what a beautiful sculpt Belldandy is, and she looks great with green eyes. 

If Elsa and Anna weren’t slated for a winter announcement, I’d be tempted to get another Bell. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

As I said on the DoA thread, they'd have to make a pretty specific doll with a specific look and outfit to get me to shell out that much money. Maybe if they had a mini like Renee I'd be tempted, but I am not getting any more SD-sized resins*, and I am not paying $1,000+ for a doll**.

*That aren't Elsa.

**That isn't a grail doll. Which I'm assuming will be Elsa. 

***Elsa isn't even revealed yet and we're already whipped for her lol

I do like that they have mini/tiny dolls this time around. Those are actually somewhat within my price range, hopefully they have more of them next year. 

Edited by monkeypizzasonic
  • Haha 1

moerunamida

My first experience seeing one of these. Mina is pretty, but none of them are enough to tempt me to break my '3 dolls only' rule. I only have vinyl, and I don't really feel the need to dip my toes into resin. There are quite a few that are very pretty though. Best of luck to whoever tries!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

BeyondTime
14 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

***Elsa isn't even revealed yet and we're already whipped for her lol

:37 - :40 sums it up. 

https://youtu.be/PT9lw2RKDWM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MichelleAK

I normally enter every time there is a SD17 bronze/tan Shiro Tachibana, since that is my grail, but...I hate the face-up on the Holiday Greeting one-off.  It doesn't look like Shiro at all. Shiro should look confident, if not cocky, not like a melancholic.  So, looks like my pocketbook is safe (well, it probably was anyway, since it's such a longshot to win). 

The Belldandy is beautiful, though. I'd almost be tempted to enter for her, except I've already bought three Dollfie Dreams this year, and she's not a grail for me. I also like the Suigintou, but again, not a must have.

jadepixel

They're all very lovely as usual, I like that Volks gives a chance for fan-favorite sculpts to the US folks. Trying to resist since I've got some guilt over keeping my resins mostly in the display cabinet vs the vinyls that get a lot more attention. I am tempted by that gorgeous Pearl and possibly Suigintou, though the faceup is a bit meh for me. 

Victoria

Usually I love the Rozen Maiden sculpts but these faceups really disappoint me somehow. :( Especially Suigintou, her faceup is so nice but when taking a closer look the line between the lips doesn't look "clean". 

Edited by Victoria

Victoria

dbl post pls delete :(

Edited by Victoria

monkeypizzasonic

I agree, the faceups are a bit overly dramatic, especially on the SD+ and the boys.

nabeerain

I am excited to see the Rozen Maiden sculpts. I have been trying for years to get one first hand, so I can deal with the dramatic face up just to get the sculpt at this price. That said, I wish they would release vinyl one-offs.