Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ShinobisDestiny

Bye bye to my orange girl dream doll

ShinobisDestiny

Yesterday (31.10.2020) I had the worst Halloween ever. Not to mention that we here in Germany don´t celebrate Halloween all that much. But that´s besides the point. So a few weeks ago I asked around in a Dollfie Dream Group on Facebook if anybody is willing to sell their Dollfie Dream Rin Kagamine doll. I didn´t think I would get an aswer cause sadly she´s super rare and people ask ridiculous princes for her but I really got an answer. Not sure if I should name him here but for now I won´t.

He told me that he would sell me his Rin doll and he even asked for only the retail price. Of course I was over the moon. Then we talked a bit and it turned out that he wanted me to not only buy the doll but some extra stuff he bought specifically for Rin. I said...well I only want the doll but if the price + shipping is in my budget sure why not. He never said exactly what the "other stuff" is. Also he said because of corona he wasn´t at his home and that´s why he couldn´t sent pictures of her except for one. He told me that he could sell her in the beginning of 2021. I was alright with all of that.

But then it got a bit sketchy. He never wanted to tell me his total amount and that I just should wait. SO yesterday (31.10.2020) after maybe 2 weeks I just asked him if he could tell me a price since because of christmas money has to be planned. ANd I just got an "I´m sorry do I owe you anything?" as an answer. I got mad but I tried to stay cool. I tried to explain to him that I need to know how much he want for the doll and all the "extra stuff" because of christmas and that way I know how much to save up. But he still would do that. HE also didn´t want to tell me what other stuff I would have to buy because he has so much he doesn´t even know....Then he tried to twist it as if I don´t understand and told me that he want to keep the doll. Or at least don´t want to sell her to me. And then I got angry and told him to Ef off. I tried to save my money fast. I sold stuff I would love to keep just so I can get the money in time. 

I´m still looking for Dollfie Dream Rin Kagamine but for now I´m really upset. Some people in the group said well I was too imaptient or that I was too annojing when all I asked was just some basic information I should have gotten in the first place in my opinion.

• Sad 1

DreamDollDesign

I'm sorry. I had a similar experience with someone on the DD group. They asked me how much I wanted to pay for the Kizuna Ai I'm looking for and I told them. They added me as a friend and then messaged me and said "Are you excited??? To get your brand new Kizuna Ai??!" And I'm F YEAH I AM YOU HAVE ONE? AT THE PRICE I MENTIONED??

They said yes, they had her. Then they said that they paid $2500 and are looking to sell her for that much. I told them it didn't make sense because she goes for half that at least on eBay. And they justified it by saying she's sold out lol. So I had to pass. This happened on my birthday on the 29th, which happened to be the worst birthday of my life anyways...lol.

I really think they're a troll and/or scammer. I saw someone else was looking for either a Rem or Emilia(?) DD and they commented on the post saying something like $5000 for Emilia, $2300 for Rem.

I'm wishing you lots of luck in finding Rin!

Edited by DreamDollDesign
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, ShinobisDestiny said:

Some people in the group said well I was too imaptient or that I was too annojing when all I asked was just some basic information I should have gotten in the first place in my opinion.

Ultimately someone doesn’t owe you anything until you send them the money. Either party is free to back out of the transaction up until the point that one party goes through with their end of the deal.

That said, the whole thing seems pretty dodgy, and given the amount of money involved it’s a usually good idea to trust your instincts when they tell you something sounds too good to be true.

People generally want to sell things for what they can get, so your odds of finding a Rin for her original price are slim.

What you can do is check Yahoo! Japan Auctions or Mandarake for used full sets, or a loose head. If you get the head, you can buy a DDS body from Volks, and pickup the other parts of her set when you have the money. It won’t be cheap, but it will spread the cost out.

11 minutes ago, DreamDollDesign said:

I told them it didn't make sense because she goes for half that at least on eBay. And they justified it by saying she's sold out lol.

I’d recommend using a Yahoo Japan or Mandarake. Here’s a full set for $900 on Yahoo Japan. https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/d471345262

Proxy / shipping fees will add about $100 - $150. Not cheap, but not a bad after market price for a limited DD.

Here is a larger listing so you have a selection, and it includes a few heads w/ eyes. https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/キズナアイ?sort=cbids&order=d&translationType=1

Buyee, From Japan, and Samurai Buyer are all reputable proxies. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MoonyKat

Yikes
I don’t know why people would have the audacity to say you were being impatient when he was the one being vague and shady.  Even if he had given you a price this guy doesn’t sound trustworthy one bit.  Thankfully he only dragged you along for 2 weeks!!  
Good luck in finding Rin though!!  You’ll get her someday 😁

DreamDollDesign
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

What you can do is check Yahoo! Japan Auctions or Mandarake for used full sets, or a loose head. If you get the head, you can buy a DDS body from Volks, and pickup the other parts of her set when you have the money. It won’t be cheap, but it will spread the cost out.

I’d recommend using a Yahoo Japan or Mandarake. Here’s a full set for $900 on Yahoo Japan. https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/d471345262

Proxy / shipping fees will add about $100 - $150. Not cheap, but not a bad after market price for a limited DD.

Here is a larger listing so you have a selection, and it includes a few heads w/ eyes. https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/キズナアイ?sort=cbids&order=d&translationType=1

Buyee, From Japan, and Samurai Buyer are all reputable proxies. 

Thank you for the links. I know there are Kizunas out there, but they're out of my price range. I know the chance is slim but I'm hoping someone out there regrets ordering her and would be willing to let her go for less than $1000, or ideally close to what they paid including shipping to them and to me. If not that's fine, since they have a chance to profit and I get that. In the meantime I'm saving up slowly so hopefully one day she'll still be around on Y!J or Mandarake and I'll be able to get her eventually.

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

I know there are Kizunas out there, but they're out of my price range. I know the chance is slim but I'm hoping someone out there regrets ordering her and would be willing to let her go for less than $1000, or ideally close to what they paid including shipping to them and to me.

One other possibility is the Volks USA winter event. Usually they offer a selection of limited dolls from their prior events for sale during a Christmas web event. No guarantees that Kizuna will be one of them, but we should know what's going to happen for this year's event in a few weeks.

Sometimes new dolls pop up mid-event, so you have to keep checking back. That's how I got my Sailor Moon, she wasn't announced as one of the dolls in the 2018 event a few, but I refreshed the page and she popped up.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DreamDollDesign
20 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

One other possibility is the Volks USA winter event. Usually they offer a selection of limited dolls from their prior events for sale during a Christmas web event. No guarantees that Kizuna will be one of them, but we should know what's going to happen for this year's event in a few weeks.

Sometimes new dolls pop up mid-event, so you have to keep checking back. That's how I got my Sailor Moon, she wasn't announced as one of the dolls in the 2018 event a few, but I refreshed the page and she popped up.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for that, thank you! Is that kind of like how Sailor Mercury and several other are available right now? The site didn't seem bogged down, surprisingly.

I saw someone on one of the Facebook groups mention Sakura Miku coming up as well, but haven't been able to find anything about that. It's hard to figure out what news is reliable.

Edit: Sorry Shinobi, I feel like I kind of took over your thread. Honestly didn't mean to.

Edited by DreamDollDesign

Mega Negi

Just a hunch, but Given that Rin's "birthday" is Dec 27, then there is a small chance that Volks will put a batch up for sale at or around that date. Maybe even some new costumes...

The other thing I think is likely is that next year will be Rin's (and Len's) 14th birthday, which is their canonical age, so if they didn't show up in 2020, then 2021 seems like an excellent opportunity to show them some love.

• Like 1

StelSel
19 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

I'm sorry. I had a similar experience with someone on the DD group. They asked me how much I wanted to pay for the Kizuna Ai I'm looking for and I told them. They added me as a friend and then messaged me and said "Are you excited??? To get your brand new Kizuna Ai??!" And I'm F YEAH I AM YOU HAVE ONE? AT THE PRICE I MENTIONED??

They said yes, they had her. Then they said that they paid $2500 and are looking to sell her for that much. I told them it didn't make sense because she goes for half that at least on eBay. And they justified it by saying she's sold out lol. So I had to pass. This happened on my birthday on the 29th, which happened to be the worst birthday of my life anyways...lol.

I really think they're a troll and/or scammer. I saw someone else was looking for either a Rem or Emilia(?) DD and they commented on the post saying something like $5000 for Emilia, $2300 for Rem.

I'm wishing you lots of luck in finding Rin!

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/s783277336 there's this one for a reasonable starting price to bid ;o

• Like 1

Veravey

I'm sorry this seller seemed to have the communication skills of a snail :( that's always frustrating, especially when you only wanted initial details to confirm whether the sale would work or not in the first place. Good thing you never sent them a transfer, and doubly good this all happened at the beginning of your exchange.

I hope you find your Rin! Like others have said, I also recommend Mandarake. With some patience, I hope she shows up on there~

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

kalisha

Sorry for the bad experience, but it sound like a scalp, if he dont said the price sound very shady for me, when i sell something limited i tried to obtain the amounth they cost me, for example i have my eiji at sale for 550€ and my 9n for 950€ that its the cost of the doll, the shipping fee and the custom taxes i have paid but most people only want the double or triple they paid. I remember that i obtain rin and ren when they have been released for lottery and i won the two of them, these year the yen was very hig and normally they have cost like 500 something euros but they cost me 750 for one, more or lest and whit the custom taxes 200€ more,  soooo a very painfull lot of money, and then they have been in the web for a hole year, and the change of yen a year later they cost the 500-550€ and i want to cry. And now im feeling lucky because i dont have to look for them whit the crazy aftermarket price they have now.

• Like 1