Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gabihime

Favorite kinds of eyes for DD?

Gabihime

What is everyone’s favorite type of eyes for DD?  A suuuuuuper long time ago I had a partnership with Ersa Flora and made all kinds of different acrylic eyes with her.  Now since I’m going to be casting resin at home, I’m excited to try making these type of eyes as well.  I’ve also seen people who like to use nail acrylic because it doesn’t yellow as readily as resin.

I’ve used all different sorts of eyes over the years from many different makers, but I generally keep my custom acrylic ones in.  Those are the ones Gabriel and Excellen wear.  Nanoha also has custom eyes, but I think she’s got a pair of white dolly story eyes in currently.

I know there will be some older kanalcode resin eyes coming with my two SQ Labs heads, so I’ll be interested in checking them out.  I’m always super interested in materials engineering, and I want to think about how to capture as much light as possible in my DD eyes.  Gabriel’s eyes are one of the most striking things about her, and you can see them from across the room.

Who are your favorite eye makers and what materials are your favorite eyes made of?  Inquiring minds want to know!

sunlightandtea

Oh wow, I love Esra Flora. One of my dolls only wears those because they look fantastic in the DDH-Ruri head. 💖

I tried to make those follow me eyes with the glass domes. The trick worked really well. I'm not the best artist but they didn't look half bad. After a while though they creeped me out, so I retired them. You could say I'm avoiding 'animetic' eyes at the moment.

I would love to see your custom eyes!