Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DD Meiko

moerunamida

Mine landed today at my folks, so it might be a few days before I can go get her. But she's here!

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Griff

She's landed. I got her yesterday as I was just heading out. It was quite a shock to get her so soon!

IMG_9787.JPG

• Like 3

Tokimemofan
On 8/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, toughstermcg said:

Safely arrived from VolksUSA! I think she might have been bitten by a vampire in transit, but we'll manage. She's so cute I can't handle it

spacer.png

You are way braver than I am.  That outfit stains horribly

• Like 2

toughstermcg

Does it? The main pieces are white lined and I washed it twice before use, so I feel pretty good about my odds. I've been sewing a lot of other red things for her anyway so hopefully she'll get to change outfits pretty often lol

foo
2 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

Does it? The main pieces are white lined and I washed it twice before use, so I feel pretty good about my odds. I've been sewing a lot of other red things for her anyway so hopefully she'll get to change outfits pretty often lol

I know the socks don't stain.

moerunamida

Got my Meiko last night (named her Sylanna). I still got to dress her, but oh my gosh...she is beyond cute in person. I can't stop staring at her. She's so sweet looking.

• Like 1

Tokimemofan
1 hour ago, toughstermcg said:

The main stain problem is the upper arms, the vest portion of the outfit does it.  At least you aren’t using the  striped sleeve part of the set. It’s hardly the worst offender I have encountered but be careful 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, toughstermcg said:

Does it? The main pieces are white lined

Just keep in mind that the colors can bleed through white fabric, so while lining helps it’s not perfect. In particular I would be mindful of humid weather.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

yin8012
On 6/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, Monty said:

Something rather odd to me - I remembered today that I had read earlier on twitter that Meiko had a bigger box than Miku and the others, and I was surprised because their boxes are already huge compared to other DD boxes. 
I didn’t actually notice it when I unboxed her but I just compared her with Luka’s and while the box is a slight bit thinner, it’s a lot taller…for no apparent reason…?

0384-B811-49-E5-4-A05-A788-DD325-D3803-F

(I -do- remember thinking there was an awful lot of space above her head when I opened her up though…) It’s not because she comes with a stand mic - that comes disassembled, and Luka came with one too.

I wish DD boxes had more consistency - especially in the same series - it’s kind of a pet peeve of mine. It’s like when books in the same series don’t match and so look odd on a shelf. But I also wish the Cryptonloids had smaller boxes to begin with - they look cool but they take up so much space. It’s not a huge deal, I just thought it was strange.

I think Volks are "standardizing" their boxes to this new larger one, probably because it's cheaper for them to just have one-size that fits all. If I remember correctly the Snow Miku Reboot box also became this longer size, and this is the same box size as their SDGr (which in the past needed that extra space for the additional legs parts). I personally hated this new box size because I can no longer store them vertically at the top of my closet because it is too long now!😡 I wish they change back to the shorter boxes...

moerunamida

Well, she's here and she is finally dressed. The only stock she is wearing other than her wig are her boots and holy dang were they hard to get on. I'm afraid to take them off now, because he feet might not come out, lol. Anyways, here is Sylanna <3

Spoiler

sylannatemp.png.47482b8e78447561380bcaea2799289f.png

• Like 7

Mega Negi

I measured a good 10cm/4 inches of headroom inside her box and it's not like her fullset takes up a lot of space either. Probably the least amount of space of any vocaloid character except maybe Rin.

MeikoBox.jpg

Is it just me or are her joints a little looser than normal? All of the others have been a little stiff jointed out of the box.

Edited by Mega Negi

moerunamida
13 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

Is it just me or are her joints a little looser than normal? All of the others have been a little stiff jointed out of the box.

My girl's joints are a little loose, yes. I wish they were tight like on the old DIII frame.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
14 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

55 minutes ago, Deyja said:

My girl's joints are a little loose, yes. I wish they were tight like on the old DIII frame.

Most f3 joints have screw adjustments. Just pull the joint out and tighten the screw in small increments of maybe 1/4 turn and then test. Some of my f3s have been tight out of the box and some needed adjustment.

The only part I haven’t been able to tighten is the ankles and elbows. There is a screw for the feet, but you can’t get it tight enough to keep the doll from falling forward or backward. The issue most likely is that the ball joint at the ankles and elbows is exposed so you can’t run an adjustment screw through it.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

moerunamida
7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Most f3 joints have screw adjustments. Just pull the joint out and tighten the screw in small increments of maybe 1/4 turn and then test. Some of my f3s have been tight out of the box and some needed adjustment.

The only part I haven’t been able to tighten is the ankles and elbows. There is a screw for the feet, but you can’t get it tight enough to keep the doll from falling forward or backward. The issue most likely is that the ball joint at the ankles and elbows is exposed so you can’t run an adjustment screw through it.

Thank you for the excellent advice! 🌸 I really need to do this with a couple of my girls. I've just never done it and I have that fear of breaking something (still thinking they are Smart Dolls and I couldn't get replacement parts, but they arent 😄 )

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, Deyja said:

Thank you for the excellent advice! 🌸 I really need to do this with a couple of my girls. I've just never done it and I have that fear of breaking something (still thinking they are Smart Dolls and I couldn't get replacement parts, but they arent 😄 )

Volks has an online guide for adjusting the frame. I’d suggest following that because the easy way to do some of the disassembly isn’t necessarily obvious.  

• Like 1

moerunamida

Ugh, finding myself not bonding with her as much anymore. I love her face and thought about sending her off for a different make up, but I don't know if I should. I've tried a couple different wigs and even got her different eyes. Just not feeling her as much when I got her. :(

DaemonNoyz

Hello! Does anyone know if Meiko will get any other outfits released or anything? I know Miku has a ton of different outfits... 😅

Monty
42 minutes ago, DaemonNoyz said:

Hello! Does anyone know if Meiko will get any other outfits released or anything? I know Miku has a ton of different outfits... 😅

Personally I’m still hoping for Luka to get something - I’m not at all a fan of Senbonzakura and hers is my least favourite of those.

I thought the others had a low chance now, especially with Project Diva not being exactly current anymore, but Rin getting a Project Sekai outfit reignited my hope. I really hope everyone gets at least one Project Sekai outfit, there’s some really nice ones in that game.

finnleo
4 hours ago, DaemonNoyz said:

Does anyone know if Meiko will get any other outfits released or anything?

The modules are a bit weird I guess, since I believe they need to go to the original illustrator for any given outfit for their blessing on the matter, and not Sega or Piapro. There are also a few instances where the in game module is different from what was originally on the single cover or music video.

They sort of broke the mold with senbonsakura remaking miku's outfit for Meiko, but I guess its not surprising that volks wasnt going to do the Maiko thing without the makeup.

Also, this is a matter of personal preference, but will any given song be worth the attention?

Are they using some in game metrics to gauge what modules people have gotten, for instance in future tone I havent gotten any kaito modules other than the one's complementing other vocaloids songs.

I've sort of wondered would they do Blue crystal out of Nostalogic, but there in the video its actually a woman cosplaying as meiko (and the songwriter apparently for added shock and awe).

given the release of Kaito, there might be some duett things possible .. Like from Wintry winds with Momiji for meiko and Shigure for Kaito. rather nice outfit in a pleasent song, but was it a hit in the scene?

Monty
32 minutes ago, finnleo said:

They sort of broke the mold with senbonsakura remaking miku's outfit for Meiko, but I guess its not surprising that volks wasnt going to do the Maiko thing without the makeup.

Technically it wasn’t Volks that did this, that version of Meiko has existed for a while in merch. I have an illustration card thing if it that came with a pack of wafers back in 2013 or so and I remember seeing mini figures of her and Kaito. It always seemed to be the more popular Meiko outfit for Senbonzakura in terms of merchandising and cosplay, even if it’s not the one from the original PV.

finnleo
1 hour ago, Monty said:

that version of Meiko has existed for a while in merch.

even if it’s not the one from the original PV.

*puts on his watson cosplay...*

Upon further investigation the uniform is actually in the original paralax animation thing, which im not linking because ... guilliotines.

But Meiko is in unform at the very end of it, despite the Maiko getup mid video (at the end Luka is amusingly in squid form, but is wearing the same unform cap), the end illustration being a bit more patriotic in nature might explain a few things.

EDIT, Now I find it a bit weird that Meiko's uniform isnt included in Future tone, and now going back to check, its double weird since FT recommends Miku's default outfit over Ichi-no sakura for the song.

Edited by finnleo