Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Starwaia

Photo/Image hosting help?

Starwaia

Hey all!

I've been wanting to find a place to host my doll photos to share on here and other sites ever since Flickr decided to put a limit on their free users.

I'd prefer to use something free if possible, though I am aware that image hosting costs resources and maybe I was taking Flickr for granted having it free for so long.

What do you guys primarily use to host your photos? I've heard some people have their own servers but other than that one must rely on what's out there. Imgur seems like what most people use for random internet pics but I don't know if it works best for uploading a lot of doll pics and having them readily available.

This has been an issue with a lot of image hosting sites, what with Photobucket watermarking everything and Flickr's limit. If I really have to I'll probably see if I can get Flickr Pro someday when I can be more active as a photographer to make it worth it, but that won't be for a long time I'm afraid. Flickr was the best at the time and I'm still kind of grouchy about it a year later.

So, help me out?

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Tierparkzone

I host my images on my private cloud (next cloud running on a rented server) - however there should be a few hosting services that run next cloud and allow users to sign up. Provided they allow sharing by link, this should be a decent option.

If you have dropbox, sharing via link seems to work as well - albeit in a more roundabout way. If that's something you want to try, I can write up an explanation.

What I'm just not sure about is - if dropbox makes changes to their system, the direct links to the shared images may break. Also I don't know if there is a limit to how many shared files you can have (I am not aware of any...).