Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Tasuke

Cardcaptor Sakura NIS Blu-Ray complete series

Tasuke

Cardcaptor_Sakura_NIS_Anime_Blu-Ray_set_

so i finally broke down and bit the bullet on this series for $130 shipped, coming to the acute realization

that i just wasn't going to find it for any cheaper, at least not at this degree of Audio/Video quality.

eight episodes in, and, indeed, already worth the wait and the price, it is so good-natured and Adorable,

the animation is great (for a T.V. series) and it's humor is incredibly witty and tasteful.

Sakura-chan, in the form of the old 2000 TRENDMASTERS U.S. edition of the late-90's BANDAI wire-bendy-body doll,

was among my first gateway girls into the Anime doll collecting/customizing scene;

Sakura_Kinomoto_TRENDMASTERS_2000.jpg?wi

in 2017, when TAKARA/TOMY all-too-briefly reissued their "Liccarize" series doll, i jumped on her,

eventually getting a new OBITSU BODY 26 for her as well, far and away superior to the standard TAKARA "Licca"

fashion doll body she came with;

37964938821_cff4212053_b.jpg

OBITSU_BODY_22-24-26_SERIES.jpg?width=19

FIG-DOL-9595_01.jpg

Sakura%20Kinomoto%20Liccarize%209-13-20.

• Like 3

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Orenjiina
1 hour ago, Tasuke said:

so i finally broke down and bit the bullet on this series for $130 shipped, coming to the acute realization

that i just wasn't going to find it for any cheaper, at least not at this degree of Audio/Video quality.

eight episodes in, and, indeed, already worth the wait and the price, it is so good-natured and Adorable,

the animation is great (for a T.V. series) and it's humor is incredibly witty and tasteful.

Sakura-chan, in the form of the old 2000 TRENDMASTERS U.S. edition of the late-90's BANDAI wire-bendy-body doll,

was among my first gateway girls into the Anime doll collecting/customizing scene;

Sakura_Kinomoto_TRENDMASTERS_2000.jpg?wi

in 2017, when TAKARA/TOMY all-too-briefly reissued their "Liccarize" series doll, i jumped on her,

eventually getting a new OBITSU BODY 26 for her as well, far and away superior to the standard TAKARA "Licca"

fashion doll body she came with;

37964938821_cff4212053_b.jpg

OBITSU_BODY_22-24-26_SERIES.jpg?width=19

FIG-DOL-9595_01.jpg

Sakura%20Kinomoto%20Liccarize%209-13-20.

Oh gosh! I still have my bendy wire dolls! Such a great series! Thanks for sharing. 😄

4B71EA9D-3BD6-4D4B-A901-B6939DC6E928.jpeg

Anna-neko

ha ha, u dressed Sakura as Sakura! (am on bit of Sakura Taisen kick at the moment)...

I gotta say, the old 90s bendy doll gave me a nostalgia flashback!! I remember how HUGE it was that we got the Japan dolls, basically unaltered (except instead of blister cards they each came in a box) ... unlike the disappointing SailorMoon dolls just couple years prior

AND they had bonus outfits!! (still have one, the yellow "umbrella skirt" dress!)  My Sakura-chan wears a tinkerbell~esq fairy outfit, and needs careful cleaning as the vinyl has gotten ridiculously sticky with age

• Like 1

finnleo

Not wanting to take any thunder out of the purchase, but I do find that blurays took away another layer of case design opportunities, as did the transition from Laserdisc to DVD ...

50831796582_e50f4767d3_b.jpg

things000

My only flex in this franchise since Im not the biggest fan of it ... (its ok, but I think it has some excess fat in it. Although the transformation animation is ingeniuous ... which the base sakura cells going for a pretty penny on Y!JA back in the day...)

50831796547_425e5635e9_b.jpg

things001

Each half costing 130 canuckistan kopeks according to the price sticker still on the cellophane. (because the shop I did my purchasing from was in canada during my bulk import days)

50830965858_9c142c80f2_b.jpg

things002

But this set does contain a bit of ghost of christmass past...

50830965808_4feb40e4e2_b.jpg

things003

It was one of the first sets to be sold under the Geneon entertainment label, but the discs themselves were direct reprints featuring the companies original Pioneer (Yes, that same Hi-Fi Pioneer) name.

Tasuke

the OBITSU BODY 26, -W (Pale) skin, M (Medium) bust- really is as ideal a body for the Liccarize Sakura (and Tomoyo) as it gets, at least IMO...

Sakura_Kinomoto_1-14-20_(1).JPG?width=19

Sakura_Kinomoto_1-14-20_(2).JPG?width=19

Sakura_Kinomoto_1-14-20_(3).JPG?width=19

Sakura_Kinomoto_1-14-20_(4).JPG?width=19

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Tasuke
On 1/13/2021 at 7:17 AM, finnleo said:

But this set does contain a bit of ghost of christmass past...

50830965808_4feb40e4e2_b.jpg

things003

It was one of the first sets to be sold under the Geneon entertainment label, but the discs themselves were direct reprints featuring the companies original Pioneer (Yes, that same Hi-Fi Pioneer) name.

not to worry, you've a serious fellow PIONEER Hi-Fi fan in me;

PD-91%20PD-M90X%207-24-19.jpg

POLK%20AUDO%20R10%206-3-19%20RESIZE%2030

CT-S800%20JOHN%204-9-09.png

CLD-3030JOHN11-18-131_zpsd895682f.jpg

DV-37john6-4-14_zpse435b9db.jpg

PL-112D%203-14-15%201_zpsmxgechq5.jpg

sinclair
On 1/13/2021 at 8:17 AM, finnleo said:

50830965858_9c142c80f2_b.jpg

I have this same DVD set.  I forgot where I bought it from as it was years ago.  Also have the two movies.  Even got some of the episodes recorded off of the TV when it aired here in the USA.  I had an alarm set to get me up early in the morning as that was when it was airing just so I could hit the record button on the VCR before leaving.  Sailor Moon was my gateway into anime, but CCS sealed the deal for life.

12 hours ago, Tasuke said:

not to worry, you've a serious fellow PIONEER Hi-Fi fan in me;

I don't have all that awesome equipment, but my home theater speakers are all Pioneer.  I got the two main speakers on sale at Service Merchandise (Remember that place?).  Then a few years later I went to Circuit City (Also long gone now. Wow.) to get center and surround speakers.  The sale rep was jonesing hard for a set of Sonys.  But I noticed the older Pioneers in the corner and listened to the two, the Sonys just didn't cut it.  So I walked out with the Pioneers and have never regretted it.

Edited by sinclair

Anna-neko
2 hours ago, sinclair said:

I had an alarm set to get me up early in the morning as that was when it was airing just so I could hit the record button on the VCR before leaving. 

lemme tell you of early days of setting the VCR timers!! (i was the only person in the house capable of doin so) A true test of patience looking up times for shows and carefully setting in an extra minute or two on both ends to cover any unforeseen long commercial break

Do not have as much early fandom flex in this thread, except for owning the Clow Book tarot card set (the very shiny fancy CLAMP manga art expensive thing) and... that one time cosplayer as Sakura-chan in her battle outfit, except this design was SO NEW at the time, the only references to go on was literally 3 panels of manga (which was graciously scanned for me by a random person with a fan-translation manga website of all places)

finnleo
20 hours ago, Tasuke said:

serious fellow PIONEER Hi-Fi fan

Only piece of pioneer kit I have is a basic Laser disc player ... and a CU-AV100a a ~70 physical button megamote which is fun since it can be programmed for anything and everything running on IR. (and a dinky car mp3 only head unit .. but pretty much different topic that).

I think the only reason folks would have a Pioneer rig over here was if they got into the 6-disc cd changer system .. one of my uncles had maybe 30 of of the cartriges, but later swapped to a sony 200 disc carousel .. and gave the cartriges to my other uncle who then had a total of ~ 55 - Was an impressive sight.

if i'd ever go about a vintage set it'll probably still be a Technics rig, since thats what the family (or technically my dad) had back in the day... currently my home theater system is mostly sony oriented .. the whopper of 5.1 amp being a bargain deal from the forementioned uncle, having dabbled with Minidisc a bit, and having to replace my philips BD player with a Sony one because it was the only one I could gauranteed get a chip for all region BD's ... then a lone philips record player.

8 hours ago, sinclair said:

The sale rep was jonesing hard for a set of Sonys.

But did he at least take you into the big room? (profanity warning) ... (Also the longer version with the prior sales pitch before Judge's character got a bit jaded...)

8 hours ago, sinclair said:

Even got some of the episodes recorded off of the TV when it aired here in the USA.

I probably still have a well used tape I used to record weekend morning stuff from either Sky or Super on british satellite networks, because they ran their sets at the same time so had to tape the other to watch later ... I think there's a bit of the mospeada stage Robotech, and bits and bobs of the other anime series they ran, like Blue noah (thundersub), and Macron-1 ... maybe even a random transformers cybertron era episode.

6 hours ago, Chise said:

lemme tell you of early days of setting the VCR timers!!

And the joys coming back home welcomed by the big blinking 12:00 on the clock because the clocks were volatile memory which couldnt handle the slightest power outage.

Tasuke
On 1/15/2021 at 4:36 AM, finnleo said:

Only piece of pioneer kit I have is a basic Laser disc player ... and a CU-AV100a a ~70 physical button megamote which is fun since it can be programmed for anything and everything running on IR. (and a dinky car mp3 only head unit .. but pretty much different topic that).

I think the only reason folks would have a Pioneer rig over here was if they got into the 6-disc cd changer system .. one of my uncles had maybe 30 of of the cartriges, but later swapped to a sony 200 disc carousel .. and gave the cartriges to my other uncle who then had a total of ~ 55 - Was an impressive sight.

the 1987 CU-AV100 was the first in a short-lived line of PIONEER accessory programmable remotes that continued with the 1988 CU-AV70 and capped off with the LCD-equipped 1989 CU-AV200;

PIONEER%20PROGRAMMABLE%20REMOTE%20COLLEC

PIONEER%20PROGRAMMABLE%20REMOTE%20COLLEC

the CU-AV100 design continued on, via three product line generations of mid/upper scale PIONEER A/V Receivers, beginning with 1988's Top of the Line VSX-9300, and ending with 1990's Top of the Line VSX-D1S;

VSX-D1S%207-29-19%20CROP%20RESIZE%2030.p

also, the first ELITE-series PIONEER magazine CD player, 1987's PD-M90X;

PIONEERPD-M90XMacGyver.jpg

PIONEERPD-M90XMacGyver6.jpg

JD-S6JD-S100%205-10-17%201.png

JD-M1085-23-12.jpg

Edited by Tasuke

Tasuke

Sakura_Kinomoto_Ballerina_5-20-21_RESIZE