Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

simplyemme

DDH and resin BJD hybrid

simplyemme

Hi. I recently received my shoushoudoll Niko and wanted to hybrid her body with a DDH. Shoushoudoll posted a photo of the hybrid on her IG but I’ve no idea how she attached the head onto the body since Niko comes with an S hook. I asked shoushoudoll on IG for advise but have yet to hear back from them. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to approach the hybrid?

• Like 2

marishade

The S hook could still work for the DDH. You just remove the resin head, remove the s-hook carefully; maybe use a wire to 'hold' the elastic. Push the elastic through the hole and re-attach the S-hook inside the DDH head. 

The biggest concern I see is the S-hook warping the vinyl over time as it is under a lot of strain due to the elastic. You may want to find a disk of some sort, hopefully made of a harder material, to sit between the S-hook and the vinyl. 

simplyemme
13 hours ago, marishade said:

The S hook could still work for the DDH. You just remove the resin head, remove the s-hook carefully; maybe use a wire to 'hold' the elastic. Push the elastic through the hole and re-attach the S-hook inside the DDH head. 

The biggest concern I see is the S-hook warping the vinyl over time as it is under a lot of strain due to the elastic. You may want to find a disk of some sort, hopefully made of a harder material, to sit between the S-hook and the vinyl. 

Thank you for the advice! I did end up finding an adapter for the neck on Bhiner 👍

• Like 1

Yushimi

I'd love to see how it turns out!!

simplyemme
On 1/17/2021 at 10:37 PM, Yushimi said:

I'd love to see how it turns out!!

Thanks! My custom head and Niko came in, just waiting for the adapter and I can post photos ❤️

• Like 2

OccultBeast

Oh my gosh, I saw that same post on Instagram too and fell in LOVE with the Niko body!  I can't wait to see your girl once she's put together!  I can't bring myself to get back into resin (though the temptation is definitely there with gorgeous dolls like Shoushou's), so I will just have to live vicariously through you! 😂

simplyemme
On 1/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, OccultBeast said:

Oh my gosh, I saw that same post on Instagram too and fell in LOVE with the Niko body!  I can't wait to see your girl once she's put together!  I can't bring myself to get back into resin (though the temptation is definitely there with gorgeous dolls like Shoushou's), so I will just have to live vicariously through you! 😂

I know what you mean! I had moved from resin to vinyl and absolutely love how light and easy the dolls are with posing. Shoushoudoll Niko is my only resin right now because of her gorgeous body. I’m waiting for her neck adapter to come in still. With all this snow and added delay because of covid, I don’t know when it’ll leave the shipping country. It’s been sitting at their airport for several weeks now 😭

MaleficentMrsofEvil
On 1/25/2021 at 12:26 PM, simplyemme said:

Thanks! My custom head and Niko came in, just waiting for the adapter and I can post photos ❤️

Hi! Just bumping this to see if you ever posted any photos? My apologies if you started a new thread and I missed it. I've very interested in doing some hybrid stuff, but in the opposite direction. I'm not the biggest fan of the anime look. I'd really like to hybrid a resin head on a vinyl body, though.

simplyemme
On 6/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Hi! Just bumping this to see if you ever posted any photos? My apologies if you started a new thread and I missed it. I've very interested in doing some hybrid stuff, but in the opposite direction. I'm not the biggest fan of the anime look. I'd really like to hybrid a resin head on a vinyl body, though.

Hi! Sorry for the super late response. I’ve been in such a funk and inactive in the community for the longest time.

I ended up not bonding too well with Niko after all. I don’t know, maybe it’s with the wait from everything that it completely turned me off. I did manage to get a photo of the MDD head/resin body hybrid though for your reference. 

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Greta
On 1/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, simplyemme said:

Thank you for the advice! I did end up finding an adapter for the neck on Bhiner 👍

May i get the link for the adapter?

MoiBakaDesu
On 5/21/2023 at 11:34 AM, Greta said:

May i get the link for the adapter?

I don't know if it's still relevant, but here is what I use for my hybrids.

Taobao link

• Thanks 2