Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
RikunFrances

Horns For MDD/Dollce Heads

RikunFrances

I'm looking for makers of horns for MDD/Dolice sized heads and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to go to (specific Etsy sellers, etc.)

Otherwise if someone has made their own horns, how did you do it? Any tips and tricks?

Additionally...how do you put them on? Do you tape the magnets, or maybe use hot glue??

Testament

I have a vaste collection of horns for my girls, some bought to Leekeworld other used around (mainly on Mandarake). They came with magnets mounted on the horns + 2 magnet to put on the head.

There are various mode to put horns.

You can open the head and fix in position the magnets with patafix, hotglue, etc, but only if the headcap don't intererfere. Obviously be aware of the polarity, you don't want your horns repulsed away.

You can use tape on the head to temporarily put the magnets in the wanted position and remove them later if you don't need them.

The faster way I personally use is... to put the horns directly on the wing, with the magnet inside the wigcap touching the head. Then I put on the wig and if needed adjust the position, the inside magnet follows the horn magnet.

• Like 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Yumeiro

I can't vouch for any from etsy, since I haven't brought any from there. Just from Leekeworld and LUTS.

LUTS
And both LUTS and leekeworld show how to attach with magnets as well

Dollfie ICONs came with magnets with adhesive on one side, which you just stick to inside of the head (they are really strong). Don't know if volks sell the same kind...

But when it comes to making, I am in the process of making some of my own.
I use some old fimo clay I had lying around to make the rough base and then make a silicon mold out of it, and then cast it with UV resin. Then sand/clean it up.
In progress:
mZg6HSQ.jpg

Or, depending on what kind of horns you are after, you can search for already-made-molds (should be able to find some on etsy)

• Like 2

Drizz

I have just sculpted & 3d printed some horns that will be listed on my shop soon. They are magnet embedded and come with a pair to put inside the head.

If you want to buy a pair before then feel free to DM on instagram @animeshutterbug 

20210116_175213.jpg

20210120_180910.jpg

• Like 3

My doll clothes & accessories shop - http://www.dolldelights.com