Juu Yuki

Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

baldylox

EVERYONE PLEASE READ! We need marketplace info.

RobotDollOmega
On 1/19/2021 at 12:00 AM, baldylox said:

I am going to be clearing the photos of dolls from the main banner soon and will be asking for new submissions for them!  So expect fresh new faces up there for all to see!  :)

Don't have much to add to the discussion of the marketplace (I may use it in the future), however I have a slightly random question.

I've tried searching for one of the banner photos (attached), however I have not had success.

All I get from it is that Salica was involved in it. She has made a lot of posts, and I didn't see any obvious ones. She made some kimono posts, but those were different.

I really like the dress and the facial expression, wanted to see the whole photoshoot for inspiration XD

Does anyone have the link to the original post, or has it been long lost?

salica_banner_doll_wink.png

Chise

i get bored easily....

is this the chara you're looking for?

Blue fox spotted !!

• Like 2

RobotDollOmega
14 minutes ago, Chise said:

i get bored easily....

is this the chara you're looking for?

Thanks a bunch! That's the one!

Damn, even better than I expected!

BeyondTime

I like being able to leave feedback without an advert associated, so that change is much appreciated. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I like being able to leave feedback without an advert associated, so that change is much appreciated. 

The forum still requires to you select a thread associated with the sale, however, so it's not entirely removed, though it is a lot nicer now since a thread can't "time out" on you before you leave feedback.  This is only a downside if you happen to buy or commission something from another user that wasn't advertised but you reached out privately for via the forum.  I still have zero actual complaints though with the Marketplace switch, as it seems more active already.

BeyondTime
Just now, OccultBeast said:

he forum still requires to you select a thread associated with the sale, however, so it's not entirely removed

I believe it can be used to post feedback for various subforums in the shopping section, so overall I think this is much better. I was able to go back and post feedback for sales that I completed in the past, but the threads still existed so it worked. It really bugged me that I wasn't able to give feedback to good sellers.

I am not sure about allowing posting feedback for things that don't have a public thread, because that could be used to abuse other users.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

OccultBeast
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I believe it can be used to post feedback for various subforums in the shopping section, so overall I think this is much better. I was able to go back and post feedback for sales that I completed in the past, but the threads still existed so it worked. It really bugged me that I wasn't able to give feedback to good sellers.

I am not sure about allowing posting feedback for things that don't have a public thread, because that could be used to abuse other users.

Yeah, it's definitely a huge improvement!  That's true, though; I totally understand and agree with not necessarily wanting to allow feedback for un-provable transactions, like privately-requested commissions.  Definitely enters some dangerous territory.  As-is, the change is still a win-win improvement over the previous setup.

SakuraSylph

I guess it's old news by now, but I'm glad to see the old style marketplace return here.  Thank you!  The new one had some interesting ideas worth trying out (categorization), but ultimately it failed because not enough people could even FIND it. It wasn't in the list of forums when you looked at the big front page list ("News", etc), so for most people the marketplace may as well not have even existed because it was invisible.  No buyer traffic, plus a limited-time renewal system disincentivized bothering to write an ad, if it couldn't just stay up until it sold, and with less ads posted buyers then who found the place had even less reason to revisit.  I personally bought and sold loads of stuff in the old DD Forums marketplace, but I never got a single sale (or purchase!) out of the new-style MP.  Eventually I gave up.

I am glad to see that's changed now.  People can find the MP! Woohoo!

SakuraSylph