The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Akemi3167

Problems with the Mochiashi internal body (warning nude pics)

Akemi3167

Hello, my apologies if there is a topic related to this (I couldn’t find one), but does anyone else have this problem with their Mochiashi body? The short piece that connects the internal thigh pieces into the frame at the torso keeps coming out every time I try to pose her. I’ve reached a point where I’m scared to do anything with her because her legs fall out of their sockets when I try to. And it’s infuriating to try to get them back in (takes at least 10 minutes).

spacer.pngspacer.png

BeyondTime

This seems like the standard issue with the f3 frame. The most likely reason for this is that the legs aren't seating fully in the frame. There is a trick is to get everything lined up before you put the frame thighs on so they seat all the way in.

There is a guide here, but it's in Japanese. Part way down the page you will see pictures demonstrating how to use the lower torso frame as a wrench to line up the groves in the thigh sockets. Using this trick makes putting the legs on properly a lot easier.

https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd/support/howto_ddf3_dd/

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Manaphyyy

My Mochi Ashi is the only one where that peg has actually come out, but all of my Dollfies with the F3 frame have floppy leg syndrome (especially the left leg) if I don't occasionally push them back in at the hip joint. The F3 frame is great for mobility and posing, but if Volks comes out with a newer one eventually, I hope they address this ^^"

• Like 1

hellFlower

I don't think the Volks guide for the f3 frame applies super well to the mdd frame, at least for the mochi-ashi version, so I've gone ahead and disassembled my girl to give you a bit more of a comprehensive tutorial:

Spoiler
  1. To start off with, you'll want to take the upper torso off the lower torso. Get a good look at the connecting hip part, you'll notice that the front of the inner part comes out further than the rest.
    50866011137_64b457e3f0_b.jpg

2. The connecting part for the legs has the same things as the hips, but in reverse. You'll want to twist them around so that they align with the hip part when standing. In the photo below I've got the leg on the right the wrong way around - don't make that mistake. This isn't a super necessary step, but I found it makes things a lot easier, especially when connecting the second leg.
    50865912861_19e3e82d38_b.jpg

3. Choose what leg you want to put in first (I chose right), and pull the inner frame out of the socket for that leg. This leg shouldn't have the rod in it. Make double sure that both connecting pieces are aligned...
    50866010982_24eb1271c2_b.jpg

4. And connect them! You'll want to push the leg all the way in. Twist the leg a little to make sure it's tightly connected to the hip. If it's loose, take the leg out and try again, it's likely not aligned properly. Don't put the hip piece fully back in the torso yet - it needs to be out a little for the other leg to connect properly.
    50866010917_c7fe83b269_b.jpg

5. Put the rod in the other leg's slot, bend the knee, and push the frame up as high as you possibly can.
    50865195273_cdaf795dbf_b.jpg

6. Again, you'll want to make sure the connecting pieces are aligned. This leg is little more difficult than the the last one thanks to the rod. If you look at the image you'll see how much the hip piece needs to be out of the socket by, though YMMV. Just fiddle around with it a bit and it will go in eventually - don't be afraid to use the rod to bed the leg piece so you can get a better angle. Once you get the rod to go smoothly into the hip piece (and the other leg) it should be fairly easy from there as long as you made sure the leg and hip pieces were properly aligned. That said, you don't need to fully connect the second leg as this step - just make sure the rod is in.
    50865195273_cdaf795dbf_b.jpg

7. You'll want to use the other leg to push the frame back into it's proper place in the torso. Now is when you push the rest of the second leg in. Splay the leg outwards so you can still check that it's properly aligned. Make sure to keep a firm hand on the other leg as well. When the leg in in and connected. Bend both legs and check for gaps at the crotch, there should be none, or a very, very slim gap if both legs are fully connected.
    50865195208_813f835a19_b.jpg

8. Both legs should now be very sturdy! If your doll can't do this you likely made a mistake somewhere. Just try again, this is one of those things where it's really hard until you've done it once.
    50865195168_b1f36868e6_b.jpg

9. Of course, don't forget to reassemble the rest of her...
    50866010692_746f42a6e8_b.jpg

If you need any further explaining or photos feel free to @ me! 
There might be a less convoluted way to do this, but I couldn't find a way to get the actual vinyl part of the legs in the socket without pulling the hip piece out, especially not with the rod in the way. I get the feeling that these thick-ass thighs make the assembly a little harder than it is for a regular mdd.

Also a good tip for this body is to push inwards whenever you bend the legs - I've been doing this since I got it and it keeps her legs staying nice and tight, and I've yet to have a leg come out unintentionally!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, hellFlower said:

Also a good tip for this body is to push inwards whenever you bend the legs

When I pose the legs I usually make it a point to finish by pushing in at the hips in order to make sure the legs remain seated fully.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Akemi3167

Thank you so much for the replies and suggestions! Glad to know other people have had to deal with this issue AND have found work arounds. Honestly, she was close to being on the chopping block because of this issue.

Tasuke
21 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

When I pose the legs I usually make it a point to finish by pushing in at the hips in order to make sure the legs remain seated fully.

i habitually do pretty much the same for my OBITSU 26cm. girls, whenever i pose and/or redress them, as their shoulder shafts tend to work their way slightly outward when moved.

a quick shoulder squeeze on both sides at once is all that is required to re-seat them fully home...

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Poofiemus

Thanks so much @hellFlower! I need to do this to my MDDMA girl Asphodel next time I change her clothes. I'm guessing the shoulders have a similar mechanism? They're floppy in a way similar to the hips--basically on the one axis that peg actually affects. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Ageha

My brand new f3 body is now having this same issue. I've had it for only 10 days and out of nowhere the legs have fallen out. The left leg was always a little looser, but I did pay care to try and push it back in a little bit. But then both legs completely fell out when I went to pick up my girl last night, and I can't get them back in no matter how hard I try to line up the pieces. So now I'm just crying by myself because I'm a little heartbroken and at a total loss since I'm so new to DDs 😓 

foo
7 hours ago, Ageha said:

My brand new f3 body is now having this same issue. I've had it for only 10 days and out of nowhere the legs have fallen out. The left leg was always a little looser, but I did pay care to try and push it back in a little bit. But then both legs completely fell out when I went to pick up my girl last night, and I can't get them back in no matter how hard I try to line up the pieces. So now I'm just crying by myself because I'm a little heartbroken and at a total loss since I'm so new to DDs 😓 

If they're falling out it really is just a matter of getting the pin aligned properly. It interlocks together, but if the locking doesn't mate then the parts aren't inserted all the way into each other and they'll just fall apart. It is strange that your body's new and it's like that though.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Ageha said:

But then both legs completely fell out when I went to pick up my girl last night, and I can't get them back in no matter how hard I try to line up the pieces.

Here are a set of instructions for the f3 body. They show a trick for lining the parts up.  

It can be done, but the legs are he hardest part to get back on. Once you have a bit of practice it’s easier.

demonmiko

Some of my friends and I have been having difficulty with replacing the legs if/when they fall out as well. My mochi-ashi doesn't seem to be doing it as often as her's, but it's still really difficult to get it back in. I've noticed that for mine, the peg is actually "stuck" to one leg. I cannot remove it no matter how hard I try. I don't know if this is a flaw or not, but it helps with realigning the pegs with the holes somewhat.

Subaru
13 minutes ago, demonmiko said:

Some of my friends and I have been having difficulty with replacing the legs if/when they fall out as well. My mochi-ashi doesn't seem to be doing it as often as her's, but it's still really difficult to get it back in. I've noticed that for mine, the peg is actually "stuck" to one leg. I cannot remove it no matter how hard I try. I don't know if this is a flaw or not, but it helps with realigning the pegs with the holes somewhat.

Its not a flaw or a defect.
Once you line up the pieces together you shouldn't really have any issues.

There is an english guide at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/dollfie-dream/dd-f³-hip-joint-handling-tips/1271843123025761/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Ageha
On 1/31/2021 at 12:40 AM, BeyondTime said:

Here are a set of instructions for the f3 body. They show a trick for lining the parts up.  

It can be done, but the legs are he hardest part to get back on. Once you have a bit of practice it’s easier.

Thanks for the chart! Ah but of course my girl would want to make me pro in no time by having to learn this so quickly lol. 

On 1/30/2021 at 11:59 PM, foo said:

If they're falling out it really is just a matter of getting the pin aligned properly. It interlocks together, but if the locking doesn't mate then the parts aren't inserted all the way into each other and they'll just fall apart. It is strange that your body's new and it's like that though.

I see. Yeah it's frustrating because trying to line them up properly and then fitting the legs in at the same time was just seeming impossible with so much movement happening. But thankfully my friend was very determined and less emotional than I and got it after a bit of work :'D

Edited by Ageha

BeyondTime
On 2/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, Ageha said:

Ah but of course my girl would want to make me pro in no time by having to learn this so quickly lol

Most things with taking apart a DD are pretty easy after you do it a few times. It just takes getting used to maneuvering parts around the vinyl. 

Manaphyyy
On 1/27/2021 at 12:26 PM, Poofiemus said:

Thanks so much @hellFlower! I need to do this to my MDDMA girl Asphodel next time I change her clothes. I'm guessing the shoulders have a similar mechanism? They're floppy in a way similar to the hips--basically on the one axis that peg actually affects. 

It sounds like you might just need to tighten the shoulders. I think the joint in the frame that allows them to shrug is a bit loose out of the box on purpose, so you can adjust them to your preference. It isn't very hard to do, you just need to get to the upper torso frame and tighten the appropriate screws (if you follow the link BeyondTime provided, just skip to the "adjusting the first shoulder joint" section).

Poofiemus
On 2/3/2021 at 1:29 AM, Manaphyyy said:

It sounds like you might just need to tighten the shoulders. I think the joint in the frame that allows them to shrug is a bit loose out of the box on purpose, so you can adjust them to your preference. It isn't very hard to do, you just need to get to the upper torso frame and tighten the appropriate screws (if you follow the link BeyondTime provided, just skip to the "adjusting the first shoulder joint" section).

Just did this, along with @hellFlower's tips for seating the hips properly.

The shoulder joint in question is the one in the arm, apparently, not the torso. I did have to use a hair dryer and masking-tape-protected pliers, because the whole joint has to come out to get to the screw. It's a small Phillips, thankfully a size I had in my normal set. Frankly it was harder to get the joint out than to actually adjust it!

In the end I am glad that the F3 looks to be a bit more user serviceable than thr DDIII. . . and way more so than the DDII. The two has a tiny screw deep in the thigh that likes to come loose, and frankly getting to it is such a pain that if any of my DDII girls ever have it come loose again I may just use it as an excuse to get a new body. The F3 so far is a little fiddly but nowhere near as bad as that experience.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

The two has a tiny screw deep in the thigh that likes to come loose, and frankly getting to it is such a pain that if any of my DDII girls ever have it come loose again I may just use it as an excuse to get a new body. The F3 so far is a little fiddly but nowhere near as bad as that experience.

Replaced all my DDII bodies with DDf3s, and I have no regrets. 

• Like 1