Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
darkangelxix

Deciding of a Sculpt

darkangelxix

I hope that this is the correct palce for this. I am a new vinyl doll collector. I have been into bjds for years, but I only recently became interested in vinyl dolls. I joined this forum to find more information about them. After some moderate to quite bit amount of reading and researchhing I have decided that the vinyl dolls that appeal most to me are Smart Dolls. To be honest, I really like DDdy, but I have serious issue with thheir breast size. Anyway like I said I decided to go Smart Dolls, but I am getting a head ache from trying to decide which one to get. I really like quite a few of them. Here is where you lovely people come in :) I would love love love your personal opinions! I will write here the dolls I like the most and if you feel like sharing your opinion on which one you like the most I would greatly appreciate it 😄

1. Prowes Tea

2. Envisage Cinnamon

3. Valinat Cinnamon

BeyondTime
15 hours ago, darkangelxix said:

To be honest, I really like DDdy, but I have serious issue with thheir breast size.

It is possible to mod a smaller bust to fit a DDDy. You just buy the bust and trim the vinyl with a sharp knife until it fits the lower torso the same way the DDDy bust does.

DDDy won’t have as many outfit options compared to a regular DD, and possibly even a SmartDoll. There are a few shops like TTYA, and DollDelights that produce clothing specific to SmartDolls. 

Volks does regularly add DDDy outfits to their Tenshi-no-Koromo clothing line, and some SD16 outfits fit DDDy too. It’s just that I see a lot more stuff sized for SDGr/SD13/DD from third party sellers than I do SD16/DDDy. SmartDoll on the other hand is growing in popularity and more and more places make SmD clothing. 

The big downsides to SmartDoll imo are their size is really different so they don’t share clothing with resin doll lines the way Dollfie Dreams do, and their wig size is smaller too. They also have fewer available head sculpts.

You can create a lot of characters with Volks heads, and find a lot of clothing / wigs for Dollfie Dreams. 

Bottom line though, buy the one you really want to buy. These dolls are too expensive to compromise on the one you want. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tierparkzone
16 hours ago, darkangelxix said:

1. Prowes Tea

2. Envisage Cinnamon

3. Valinat Cinnamon

Hmm...

Out of those three, I'd say my personal favorite is Valiant, because I really like the more serious look on her face. Closely followed by the cute Prowess. Envisage's Face is a combination of sharp eyes but with an otherwise soft expression that doesn't really appeal to me. - However this just may be a case of the pictures not doing her justice.

In what direction do you want to take the character of your new doll? If you have some general idea about that, it should help you with your selection. After all, your three options all sport very different expressions.

darkangelxix
18 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

It is possible to mod a smaller bust to fit a DDDy. You just buy the bust and trim the vinyl with a sharp knife until it fits the lower torso the same way the DDDy bust does.

DDDy won’t have as many outfit options compared to a regular DD, and possibly even a SmartDoll. There are a few shops like TTYA, and DollDelights that produce clothing specific to SmartDolls. 

Volks does regularly add DDDy outfits to their Tenshi-no-Koromo clothing line, and some SD16 outfits fit DDDy too. It’s just that I see a lot more stuff sized for SDGr/SD13/DD from third party sellers than I do SD16/DDDy. SmartDoll on the other hand is growing in popularity and more and more places make SmD clothing. 

The big downsides to SmartDoll imo are their size is really different so they don’t share clothing with resin doll lines the way Dollfie Dreams do, and their wig size is smaller too. They also have fewer available head sculpts.

You can create a lot of characters with Volks heads, and find a lot of clothing / wigs for Dollfie Dreams. 

Bottom line though, buy the one you really want to buy. These dolls are too expensive to compromise on the one you want. 

If only I could trim a vinyl doll part without having a heart attack... I am really afraid of damaging the part, so no modding for me.

darkangelxix
12 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Hmm...

Out of those three, I'd say my personal favorite is Valiant, because I really like the more serious look on her face. Closely followed by the cute Prowess. Envisage's Face is a combination of sharp eyes but with an otherwise soft expression that doesn't really appeal to me. - However this just may be a case of the pictures not doing her justice.

In what direction do you want to take the character of your new doll? If you have some general idea about that, it should help you with your selection. After all, your three options all sport very different expressions.

Oh interesting question. I don’t have a character. I just like them as beautiful doll models that help me create doll clothes, paintings and taking pictures. But I was thinking that if I got Prowess she could be a cloudstrike from the series Grimm. Anyway my most favorite is Valiant. My husband though doesn’t really like her because of the Hemangioma on her face. I don’t blame him though. He has the exact same thing on face so I guess that is why. I was going to get Valiant 100% but then I started having doubts, because I don’t want to walk around the house with a doll that annoys my husband. 

darkangelxix

I decided! Oddly enough none of the above sculpts. I went for a Melody! My husband really liked her! 

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, darkangelxix said:

I decided! Oddly enough none of the above sculpts. I went for a Melody! My husband really liked her! 

Melody is very cute. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

darkangelxix
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Melody is very cute. 

Yes she is! I also find her very elegant! Is there a place where I can go on and on about how excited I am? Now I need to decide on my next smart doll :) my husband is buying me one in three months! I am thinking, Mirai, Kizuna, Prowess or Starlight. Who knows, maybe one of the new girls that are going to be released in blue... 

I am so excited I cannot stop smiling and it has been about a year since I felt so excited and happy about something. Basically ever since the pandemic started.

I want to go on a shopping spree and buy her everything!

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, darkangelxix said:

Is there a place where I can go on and on about how excited I am?

The Waiting Room section of the forum under Community might be a place to start. There is also a New Arrivals section. 

BeyondTime
On 2/24/2021 at 4:39 AM, darkangelxix said:

I want to go on a shopping spree and buy her everything!

It looks like Dollheart has started modeling some of their outfits on Smartdolls. I've bought a number of items from them, and they have nice stuff. They don't list SmD as a fit, but unless I am mistaken this is a SmD Mirai.

https://dollheart.net/en/pink-halter-top-dm000070-501

darkangelxix
On 2/28/2021 at 7:05 AM, BeyondTime said:

It looks like Dollheart has started modeling some of their outfits on Smartdolls. I've bought a number of items from them, and they have nice stuff. They don't list SmD as a fit, but unless I am mistaken this is a SmD Mirai.

https://dollheart.net/en/pink-halter-top-dm000070-501

Yeap! That’s a cute Mirai!