Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ItsMeMichelle

Where is the reply option?

ItsMeMichelle

Wasn't sure where to put this so I hope it's OK here! 

I am new to the site (hello) and I will admit outside of reddit I haven't been on a forum in quite some time, but does this site have a reply option on its posts that I am missing? I see the quote option, the share option and the save/favourite option but no reply? Is selecting quote the reply option or am i better off just @-ing the person I am replying to within the post? 

A rather silly noob question I know, but I just want to make sure I am replying properly to the people on this site who are kind enough to answer my questions. 

Chilmark

I don't think there is one? Conversational threading doesn't seem to be a thing on most forums outside of Reddit anymore--it was more popular back in the age of newsgroups when communities were like giant parties with overlapping conversations going on at the same time. Now Reddit and Twitter field the giant chaotic parties and interest-focused discussion boards move slowly enough for everybody to take turns linearly. I think the norm is just to @ people if you want to make it clear that you're talking to them, and to quote a selection of their post if there's something in particular you want to note ^_^

• Like 1

ItsMeMichelle

@Chilmark This was a really eloquent answer. Thanks for the info buddy! 

• Like 1