Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
finnleo

Greetings from chilly Finland

finnleo

After getting a subtle invitation of sorts, I decided to join in.

Long story short, Im a guy in my 30's, and I've been collecting Dollfie dreams for a little over four years now.

It all started with Feena Fam Earthlight, and after fourteen other's the latest addition has been Beatrice, with four cobbled together from separate purchased bodies, basic volks heads and one parabox head).

What attracted me to them was the craftsmanship put into the character outfits, which I am a sucker for, and Feena especially hit the spot along with from my weakness for Bekkankou artwork.

I've shyed away from doll forums perhaps due to thinking of these as more as posh figures than actual playthings, but recently probably due to blogging about them have started to let loose a bit more with them.

Personal accomplishments considering the topic was purchasing a sewing machine last summer in an effort to actually make true some custom idea's I've had ever since I started to gather various bits and body parts for them.

Currently I have very modest skills in this department, and a lack of actual free time to actually practice to make it substationally better - but I still try to work on it.

Photography is also something I'd like to polish my skills on, but I feel like im being set back by having a very basic camera... unfortunately it always seems to be a decision of either the camera, or a doll -- and guess which wins?

I might be a bit of a quiet one, but I will generally answer if questioned about anything.

People will be probably wondering just what models that fifteen examples includes, and for that I can provide a link to me blog's christmass post from last year (though I must warn of a similar themed swimsuit figure at the bottom, for the overly cautious).

Its all in finnish, but by clicking the dollfie dream category on the right column, there should atleast be basic pictures of most of the ladies in their relative posts... among crude exploits in sewing.

Edited by Guest

Kumi

Welcome, and feel Yourself at home

tinsel40.jpg?w=346&h=420

I must admit, quite large and pretty collection You have there. Congratulations

I like the china dresses. You made it?

waha

It's all your fault I got into this expensive hobby!!!

Just kidding

finnleo
W

I like the china dresses. You made it?

heh.. I wish..

The red and gold one's are by Little Wonder Wardrobe, quite simple in design, but really nice.

The white one is a Azone 60 Collection one.

(edit), and the pink one on Saber is from Volks

The only outfits i've made myself in that picture, is the mikoesque dress in the back, and the one Illiya has on.

Edited by Guest

misskale

Hello!

That's exciting you're from Finland. I want to go to there someday, I had a really awesome Finnish studies prof in University.

JoltFiend

Hello and welcome!

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

finnleo
Hello!

That's exciting you're from Finland. I want to go to there someday, I had a really awesome Finnish studies prof in University.

Well, if you ever do so, I strongly recomend the summer season for a trip, unless you are used to cold weather. Nothing special to see here in the winter except snow ... lots of snow.

misskale
Hello!

Well, if you ever do so, I strongly recomend the summer season for a trip, unless you are used to cold weather. Nothing special to see here in the winter except snow ... lots of snow.

Yeah, I think I'm ok with snow between Iowa, Maine, and Canada. >_<

Pihlajakoto

Welcome to the forum Glad you didn't shy away from this forum.

My blog Pihlajakoto

otakusan

Welcome to the club you sure have one big lovely family there look forward to seeing more of your girls here

finnleo

Thank you all.

I am currently planning on going through my old photo's for a bit of a montage of snaps back from getting feena up to beatrice.

For now, I can only recommend going to the blog for the separate introductions and minor character updates there.

Its still in finnish, and google translation will not work terribly well with that, but again, I'll try my best to answer any questions here if any come up.

Photos are all more or less taken with a basic Panasonic Lumix DMC series camera and I've had a bit of trouble with the flash giving either too dark or two bright photos as a pre-warning.

For direct links:

Feena (very basic introduction)

Haruhi (Very basic introduction again, added only one omake shot with the clothing that came with the doll)

Arttuuria (very evident flash problems, still rather basic introduction style)

The Twins - Shino & Shinogintou (started to consider more posed shots in this, but not much)

The custom jobs (how some of my characters came to be, or are still works in progress. The elf eared MDD is not current, as the body is used for a another idea at the moment)

Yuki Nagato (Did this after Nagato was "downgraded" to a S-bust, getting more ideas for omake-shots now)

Illya (minor dislocated bodypart warning at the end pictures, but MDD owners probably will understand the joke)

Maromalo (Mashiro was a must have when I saw it... her.. or, well, you know. Getting somewhere with the omake's again)

Maria & Beatrice (some basic drama school at the end)

Miscallenious:

Christmass prep for 2010

Christmass prep for 2011

First attempts at sewing (the pink outfit was used as a reference)

Project KuuPee wich didnt turn out too well. (KuuPee is a bit of a finnish stab at QB, although I might turn this into a Haiji cosplay perhaps in the future, if I dont get the hood and dress right)

Makeover day. (Basicly just took all the ladies, and put them in different outfits and wigs I've gathered more or less intentionally.)

Halloween shoot with Beat and Shinogintou. (Fanservice warning for this on Beats part)

First outing with Artuuria (going outside to photograph for the first time after getting a tripod, had camera setting problems, as it was hardset to inhouse lighting, and thus some of the pictures are blue)

As a reminder, images do enlarge by clicking, just to be sure, since I dont know does wordpress count opening in tabs as clicks, so not sure does anybody actually open them or not.

salica

Wow ! Welcome !

Quite a big and beautiful family you have there !!

I went to Helsinki in 2003 and I adored it ! Want to go back some day and visit

more of your beautiful country

And for the ''chilly'' part , I'm from Canada it's not so different for the weather I think

finnleo

heh, yea plenty of cold spots in the world, but currently I thaught chilly was a accurate description, no less after ordering some more heating oil to keep me (and the rest) warm...

Lizik-chan

Welcome to the forum

Your family is really impressing. And I like the way you introduce them. Shinogintou is something so cool. I've wanted for a long time to see some DD as Rozen Maiden characters.

I hope to visit Finland one day for the purpose of listening some good metal actually. I've heard of Ruisrock fest and some others and I really hope to get their someday.

finnleo

mmm, as you can probably see Rozen maiden is a series I like very much, however it was even before seeing even one episode of the series (or reading any of the manga for that matter) that I wanted a Suiseiseki lookalike, just because of art I had seen on imageboards.

Then I saw Ouvertüre (great idea to start watching a series from the last episodes), and I just had to have a suigintou lookalike ... and got two initially, heh.

But more of this side once I get around finding all the pictures I need for a sweep.