Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Akito

What clothing style you prefer for AP dolls?

Akito

As I got my two Angel Philia dolls, I've started to experiment with custom fitted clothes. As they are quite unique sized, it made me think that is it difficult to find specific style of clothes for them or are some bust/hip sizes more difficult to find clothes than others? I've been thinking of making AP clothing line or just taking commissions at some point (don't have access to marketplace yet, lol) and I'm interested to hear what kind of styles do you like? 

Just for an example, I'm waiting for H3 bust to arrive so I can make Jessica Rabbit dress. I have yet to see will my doll want to own it, but I must make it as I happen to have suitable fabric😅

Testament

As one can see in my topic, I obviously prefer sexy/fetish style for AP, cause for me (and Tommy ^^) they're meant to be sexy.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

ariesseason

I am waiting for my AP Elle, which has this cute face and looks adorable, but I also ordered H4 bust and a C3 lower torso to be able to make her sexy. Her character will be kind of like an anime, sexy, fetish, V-Tuber with a tendency to cuteness. I hope that works out. Really hard to find clothes, because I never owned and AP and as I read a lot of times different clothes for different body areas fit... I will figure that out later I guess. 

Twiggy

I'm interested in a VMF50/AP too, and reading through the forum I saw a general 'difficulty' on pinpoint a specific line of clothes that fits (apart from dedicated ones).

Sometimes 1/4 clothes are just right and sometimes 1/3 are too tight. Especially on the bust and the hips (thighs too?). I'm trying to compile a list of brand/line suggestions gathering all I can find on the subject, and I hope to post something useful in the near future.

samseramsamsam

Mine are wearing 1/3 skirts and can fit most 1/4 tops - 1/3 tops also fit, but can be oversized depending on the bust size. Eg shirts advertised for smart Doll fit nicely on a larger bust (not the VERY large), and some clothes for our beloved little mdd, mostly tops and dresses. 

(As I like to knit, I make most of their tops myself, though.) 

dunceclown

I really like giving them J-fashion clothing! My current girl is a old school lolita! I am having trouble finding clothes that fit and are affordable though, so I think I'm just gonna sew my own until I can find suitable stuff secondhand!

seraphicdolls

For AP, I think I like a variety of outfits! The maid and schoolgirl themes are always really nice. But I have been meaning to try my girl in more lolita fashion too. 

diastrefo

I'm still sketching outfit ideas up for one of my girls, but the other is going to have a housemaid's ensemble - should my neophyte sewing abilities be up to the task. I already have characters in mind for my dolls before they arrive, and most of said characters revolve around a fantasy/high fantasy setting - so getting them appropriate clothes to match can be a struggle.

Especially when my wallet sees a cute, completely out of character outfit and decides it'd look cute on them...

chef_mai

Mai splits between between schoolgirl clothing and casual stuff with an emphasis on cuteness. She's unabashedly cute and wholesome, which goes against the grain for AP, but I was drawn to AP by its flexibility and the thicker legs, which have some of the same appeal that Mochi-Ashi has.

Edited by chef_mai

Angered-Icon

Well so far it's looking like Mayumi's clothing style is going to be more trendy-ish and unapologetically scant.

dilfslayer

Honestly for all of my dolls I prefer things I would wear or just fashion find cool 

Edited by dilfslayer
Grammar

Oculae

I'm in the same boat as @chef_mai, I tend to prefer casual clothes, as well as cute and frilly pink stuff. Of course, that's mostly because my sole AP girl is Sonico, and she's got enough sexy stuff out there imo. I like exploring the non-sexy aspects of the character, which I'm sure totally defeats the purpose of both Sonico AND AP. 🤣

The nice thing is that "casual-cute" is covered pretty nicely by Azone's AZO2 series, which fits AP nicely, so I don't really stress about finding stuff. If you want to try making more unique stuff that people can't find with the major brands, I'd look into exploring subculture fashion, like mori girl, visual kei, or shironui fashion. If you want to get really wacky, I'd pay good money for the more "boyish" lolita looks, which would be a cute contrast on a very feminine figured AP.

Stuff that mixes and matches well would be good for store stuff too, if you go that route over commissions. It's very hard to find nice a la carte pieces for AP since all the stuff I find is meant to be worn as a set.

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

ateliervanilla

I have an AP Ellie, and because she looks younger than the other AP sculpts, I prefer that she wears something cute, casual, or cozy. Of course I want to emphasize those thighs with short dresses, shorts, and/or skirts!

• Like 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

PolitelyNefarious

APs are such a hodgepodge of size that if you can get them to wear anything that isn't a dress or skirt, it's kind of a miracle. My girls weren't sexualized at all, and were forced to share clothes with my resin elves in lieu of their own.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here, Sundae is in all DD/SMD-scale clothes, except for the lace leggings which are MDD with a stretchy waist. Because the waistline of the rainbow leggings didn't fit, I hid that under an oversized shirt for the baggy look, and no one was the wiser. Depending on what you're going for, her unique size may prove a challenge, but it doesn't have to be a frustration. While I was planning on transitioning into a uniform dress look, keeping her stylish was surprisingly easy.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

aminadolls

I love seeing AP with revealing outfits since their body sculpt/shape is very beautiful and I love the body blushing!

I think Gyaru fashion fits AP doll’s perfectly, as some of the sub styles emphasize sexyness and being bold with prints and colors 🤩 

My AP Ellie, Erina, is styled to be a classic Gyaru with her tan skin and bright hair 💗 I’m also going for a beach girl vibe, trying to find some fun and colorful bikini for her! It fits her style but also shows off the beautiful AP body 🥰

She has a flat chest so she can share tops with my MDD, some skirts that size fit her as well because of her thin waist. Her wide hips mean she has to wear DD size pants, they fit her just fine! She’s “soft skin” type as well so fitting into tight clothing is a little easier. 

asukakanea

I like gothic lolita on them or classical lolita, but sometimes it's more about what you think the doll's personality is. you just look at the doll and think you know X is meant for you.

Gwandak

Truthfully, it sounds counterintuitive to the design of the AP line, but I prefer a modest look. The two that I have are wearing slightly baggier clothing to cover up certain parts that would normally be showing through tight clothing.