Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Traveller

Help with Styling a wig

Traveller

I've just received the final piece that will create Tomomi, a nice deep blue wig that sets off her red eyes in a 04 head

This wig ............

0197edceef1cfd4abcc7ab1d248c2daf.image.224x300.jpg

is what I have and am having trouble with syling it. It is long in the front so the eyes are covered.

When I try to part it I get some of the wig cap showing

Is there anyone who can guide me with making this short wig with a part to the left or right without the wig cap showing.

I want to try and avoid cutting it

misskale

What sort of fiber is the wig made of?

Where is the wig cap showing? How are you trying to part it, are you using styling products?

If you used a small barrette, you might be able to do this with the bangs. Not the wavy part, just clipping the bangs to the hair so it stays higher.

I also found this on the forums

Traveller

I'm not sure of the fibre.

I do have some soft hairspray a styling gel that I have used. This seems to be working at the moment, but am not sure how long before the parting will fall and cover Tomomi's glasse's and face.

I have thought of small hair clips as a last resort, but don't think Tomomi would like them much as she has the "Clown around" look & approach

The wig cap tends to show at the front when i move the hair left or right

misskale
I have thought of small hair clips as a last resort, but don't think Tomomi would like them much as she has the "Clown around" look & approach

The wig cap tends to show at the front when i move the hair left or right

What's a clown around approach?

Could you use a mini bobby pin or contour clip? Those would either be hidden or look less "serious."

Traveller

"Clown around" is how i described the 04 head or "Imp-ish look"

Clown around approach is how the Tomomi character has been created.

In my Family you have Aoi who is serious at one end, You have Tomomi at the other who likes to joke and clown around and in the Middle you have Sae who can be serious when the time comes, but also loves a good joke.

I didn't think about the small contor pin (I think we call them something else here in the UK), so I'll look at these today.

Thanks for your input.

misskale

Boots calls them "click-clack hairgrips" on the website.

jadepixel

I've had some luck with tucking long bangs under the wigcap. It creates a gentle swoosh without showing too much of the wigcap like a strong part might. Also, after they've been tucked for a while, they stay in place much easier. Using Volks wig wax can help hold them in place as well.

Here's a photo of tucked bangs ^_^;

6401110585_280deeb990.jpg

Traveller

I've managed to create the curve on the front of the hair, but I still get some of the Wig cap showing at the front.

I am also having a problem with getting Tomomi's wig, her right (my left face on) to sit straight and not look stragley (uncombed).

Thinking of another wig from "Happy Camille". These people do wig already syled, which I like, as Sae is wearing a long Black/wine wig from them.