Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rilenan

DD3 torso to DD-f3 torso?

Rilenan

Hi again! I've been looking at comparing frames and etc. before I made a purchase, and I was wondering if it was possible if I got a DD3, if I could exchange the torso to a DD-f3's in some manner? I've read that the DD3 body likes to crack at the shoulder. I don't mind the leg weakness as the character would likely be sitting stationary most of the time, but I want to make sure the shoulders are reliable. Thank you! 😄

Rilenan
58 minutes ago, Selenae said:

This isn't feasible, as the two frames are completely incompatible with one another. However, Cool Cats does make reinforcements for the old DDIII frame that you can use to help prevent cracking.

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=dp-01b

Ah, I see! I wasn't sure if the spine-piece was detachable on both or not with other people's attachments.
So happy those exist, thank you so much!
Does coolcat have any other reinforcements or modifications for the frame?

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, Rilenan said:

I was wondering if it was possible if I got a DD3, if I could exchange the torso to a DD-f3's in some manner?

Only the DD3 Vinyl torso parts can be swapped. The bust vinyl is officially compatible, and the lower torso vinyl is unofficially compatible. I.e. I’ve swapped the lower torso vinyl and it works just fine, but the official statement from Volks is the part can’t be used with the new frame.

The frame parts are completely different at the hip and shoulder, so you can’t attach DD3 legs or arms to f3. 

54 minutes ago, Rilenan said:

Does coolcat have any other reinforcements or modifications for the frame?

They sell neck joints too. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Rilenan
20 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Only the DD3 Vinyl torso parts can be swapped. The bust vinyl is officially compatible, and the lower torso vinyl is unofficially compatible. I.e. I’ve swapped the lower torso vinyl and it works just fine, but the official statement from Volks is the part can’t be used with the new frame.

The frame parts are completely different at the hip and shoulder, so you can’t attach DD3 legs or arms to f3. 

They sell neck joints too. 

Awesome, thank you. Is there a thread about neck joints and how other ones work?

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, Rilenan said:

Is there a thread about neck joints and how other ones work?

I don’t know about a specific thread. I believe @baldylox once posted about a mobility mod to the neck vinyl, so maybe he can give more details. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction