Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

luciaxtrix

DDH-07 Boy with Customized 'Male' SS Bust

luciaxtrix

Hi everyone!!! I'm super excited because my DDH-07, SS bust, and Fluffy Wolf wig in Choco Purple are coming in today.

I will be using these parts to make a boy doll on DDS body. This is what I have in plan for his faceup... I only ever paint girls so this was kinda challenging 😅 Maybe I'll do another iteration and try to make the faceup more complex?

For his look, I was inspired by Kashima and Mikoshiba from Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun, and he has a bit of a tsundere personality. This character is trans, which is really important to me because I am trans as well. So I plan to incorporate top surgery scars into the SS bust, which I'll be sanding down to have a more masculine shape. Since in my head he's getting top surgery. 

The photo below is a photoshopped pic of the DDH-07 head in Flesh, that I smacked a Fluffly Wolf wig over (I had to edit it to be the Choco Purple color since I couldn't find a decent photo of one), edited in a faceup and eyes by alrunas.aesthetics on Instagram. I highly recommend that store by the way, the owner is super nice and accommodating and the eye quality is just fantastic. Lots of them come on metallic paper and the effect is awesome.

Anyway -- thank you for reading, and I will update once I get my hands on the parts 😈

spacer.png

• Like 5

luciaxtrix

The items arrived!!! The Choco purple looks a lot redder and browner than expected, but it's still a nice fluffy wig. The fibers are very coarse and thick and it reminds me of petting my husky's coat... Fluffy Wolf is a very appropriate name lol. (Please excuse the unboxing mess.)

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I cut out his eye holes (the open eye version was unavailable, I wanted to seize the opportunity and get DDH-10 in the same order - it seems kinda rare that both heads were in stock in Flesh).

spacer.png

spacer.png

I heated up the head using a hairdryer until it was painful to touch (I learned why those Smart Doll workers always wear gloves lol) and used an exacto to cut the eye holes. It was surprisingly easy as the part to cut out is clearly molded. The inside of the head is super messy, but I'm glad everything looks good outside~

spacer.png

I discovered that there's not a lot of material in the chest :( So my original plan to sand the boobs down isn't going to work. Looks like I'll have to use apoxie sculpt and airbrush to a flesh color to get the flat chest I want. But for now, I'll sand off the nipples.

spacer.png

• Like 2

LizMarie

Wow! This is exciting! Congratulations!  I am so happy for you and looking forward to see him. I know he’ll be great.

luciaxtrix
1 hour ago, LizMarie said:

Wow! This is exciting! Congratulations!  I am so happy for you and looking forward to see him. I know he’ll be great.

Thank you! I'm really excited for him to be done

Milk

Oh, I'm very curious how he will turn out at the end! Following someone through their project is always exciting. Thank you for sharing such a progress thread. Looking forward to further updates in the future~

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

luciaxtrix

I decided to sand his bust as much as possible. I shaped it by first using an exacto to cut out chunks, and then smoothing it out with 220 grit sandpaper (that was the lowest I had on hand). I had to do this by hand... took me 4 hours to do his bust I think :( I also squared off the shape to make it look more masculine, but it definitely still looks feminine to me. So I hope to do some more heavy modding in the future (or just find a replacement). 

I didn't snap any photos before I started modding, I only remembered to take photos after I'd already sanded off a good chunk lol. The SS bust is a lot more voluminous than the website photos show!!! I'd say in human size, it's probably a B cup. There is definite boobage. I was thinking it was practically flat.

Here's the website photo:spacer.png
And here's a photo of a SS bust from the interwebs (not mine):spacer.png

See what I mean about the boobage? lol

Anyway. Here are some photos of the sanding process:spacer.png
I sanded the entire chest down and focused on making the side and bottom of the breasts angular. And of course sanded off the nipple. A piece of advice if you're thinking of sanding body pieces: put something hard inside (or just use your fingers like I did) when you're sanding, or the give will make it take a very, very long time.

I had to stop sanding at this point because I was afraid of a hole appearing:spacer.png
Here is the "final" look (for now):spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Phew. My fingers are sore and my nails are oddly angular from being accidentally sanded as well! 😛

• Like 8

luciaxtrix
4 hours ago, Hymn said:

Oh, I'm very curious how he will turn out at the end! Following someone through their project is always exciting. Thank you for sharing such a progress thread. Looking forward to further updates in the future~

Thank you so much! I'm glad you find it interesting 😄

luciaxtrix

On to the faceup! This was.... fun. Let me preface this by saying that I do a lot of faceups on resin and Blythe (hard plastic), and I always use Vallejo Matte Medium in an airbrush. Gives a comparable amount of "toothy-ness" to MSC but it's totally non-toxic and removable with water, which is really nice because you don't risk damaging the doll if removing the faceup.

I decided to use Vallejo on my boy as well, and, well.... it doesn't really work on vinyl!!! I discovered this when I was trying to draw on his face with my usual colored pencils. They barely left a mark, so I had to concede and use only paint to do the faceup. I did discover that pastels could still cling on (I had to really pack them on), so I blushed his eyelids and cheeks. Here's the final faceup. I have a shaky hand and my brushes don't really come to a nice point, so it's pretty messy. I hope to redo the faceup in the future. The shaky lines and little specks of color/grains really bug meeeee. (Please ignore my spider Blythe WIP in the background lmao).

spacer.png

spacer.png

I changed up some details. Here's a comparison to my original plan: spacer.png

And here he is all clothed!!!! spacer.png

He's still waiting on his eyes (he'll have the same grey ones as in my mockup) and his hoodie is way too big (even though I bought the 1/3 DD size from Nine9Style.... arrrgh) but I can easily fix that. But I'm really not in the mood to sew today, and I need to pick up black thread for my serger.

Another bonus picture because I can't stop looking at Knight (yep that's his name now), who's sitting next to my computer while I queue for competitive Overwatch <3spacer.png

• Like 6

OccultBeast
6 minutes ago, luciaxtrix said:

And here's a photo of a SS bust from the interwebs (not mine):

That's actually an S bust; if you look at the other photos from that picclick result, it shows the front of the box where it says S胸.  The SS bust specifically says SS胸.

spacer.png

I have the Miku default SS bust, and the listing photos for the DDS SS bust look identical to it.  I'm not saying you're wrong about there definitely still being 'boobage' on the SS, but the photo you found is wrong.  I'd say the SS bust is more of an A cup; the S would be a B.

luciaxtrix
9 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

That's actually an S bust; if you look at the other photos from that picclick result, it shows the front of the box where it says S胸.  The SS bust specifically says SS胸.

spacer.png

I have the Miku default SS bust, and the listing photos for the DDS SS bust look identical to it.  I'm not saying you're wrong about there definitely still being 'boobage' on the SS, but the photo you found is wrong.  I'd say the SS bust is more of an A cup; the S would be a B.

Oh my bad. I found that photo when searching for "Volks SS Bust" and didn't read the packaging. Just saw that it looked right. I'd disagree on it being an A cup, the SS has definite curves. The distance between the farthermost part of the breast to the rib cage was >5mm. I don't remember exactly how much, but I do know it was a crap ton of sanding to get it down.

Edited by luciaxtrix
Typo

OccultBeast

No worries, I just thought it looked very extreme since I've seen the SS in person before!

Also I just wanted to add that while your Vallejo sealant may be made of non-toxic ingredients, anything put through an airbrush is dangerous to breathe in without proper respiratory protection.  Always wear a respirator when working with atomized particles, kids~!

But congrats on assembling your boy!  There definitely aren't enough DD boys around~

• Like 1

luciaxtrix

Here's a pic of an SS bust at an angle from Tiffie on Flickr. spacer.png

• Like 1

luciaxtrix
2 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

No worries, I just thought it looked very extreme since I've seen the SS in person before!

Also I just wanted to add that while your Vallejo sealant may be made of non-toxic ingredients, anything put through an airbrush is dangerous to breathe in without proper respiratory protection.  Always wear a respirator when working with atomized particles, kids~!

But congrats on assembling your boy!  There definitely aren't enough DD boys around~

Thank you. Yes def wear at minimum a mask with organic particle filtration and only do it outside or in a well-ventilated area. It does make me feel a lot better that VMM is not as toxic as MSC though. The Safety Data Sheet for MSC is some seriously scary stuff!

• Like 1

abs2891

When I looked at modding a SS bust like this, I definitely was afraid of sanding through it.  As you showed, it’s not very thick >< good to see about how far you can push it.  I know some people have put parabox male torsos on mdd, but I think it’d be too small for a dd - also probably a better skin match for semi white though it really isn’t either color. 

(I recently sanded the nipples off a m bust bc I wasn’t into the look under fitted clothes so I can relate on the hand pain ><)

Edited by abs2891

luciaxtrix
5 hours ago, abs2891 said:

When I looked at modding a SS bust like this, I definitely was afraid of sanding through it.  As you showed, it’s not very thick >< good to see about how far you can push it.  I know some people have put parabox male torsos on mdd, but I think it’d be too small for a dd - also probably a better skin match for semi white though it really isn’t either color. 

(I recently sanded the nipples off a m bust bc I wasn’t into the look under fitted clothes so I can relate on the hand pain ><)

Yeah there isn't much to work with. I think I removed maybe 3mm thickness of material across the breasts (obviously a bit more where the nipples were). In the future i want to do some modding with apoxie. 

I was googling that and it seems that the larger Obitsu busts don't fit, but I know people make Obitsu/DD hybrjds 🤔

luciaxtrix

I had to share this photo..... Knight wearing some ears I made. I should make him his own matching pair :3 It's also a good opportunity to experiment with new trimming styles since I tend to leave the ears very floof. spacer.png

• Like 2

Meowjima

Man, that chest mod is really, really impressive!  And I always love DDH07 sculpts, and overall appreciate male-presenting face-ups in the vinyl doll world.

• Like 1

The_Folktale_Fox

He looks so cute! Ahh I am obsessed! Great work on modding the chest. I'm currently trying to figure out what I want to do for a certain character and this is such an inspiration!

• Like 1

luciaxtrix
6 hours ago, The_Folktale_Fox said:

He looks so cute! Ahh I am obsessed! Great work on modding the chest. I'm currently trying to figure out what I want to do for a certain character and this is such an inspiration!

Aw thank you so much!! What are your plans for your character?

The_Folktale_Fox
1 hour ago, luciaxtrix said:

Aw thank you so much!! What are your plans for your character?

I have a resin head that I would like a neutral looking body for but I have fallen in love with vinyl dolls ever since I got an angel philia. However those are way too small body wise to match the head I already have so I am hoping to find a body that is a little taller to go with it. Currently considering maybe a smartdoll body. 

• Like 1

luciaxtrix
On 6/23/2021 at 4:22 PM, The_Folktale_Fox said:

I have a resin head that I would like a neutral looking body for but I have fallen in love with vinyl dolls ever since I got an angel philia. However those are way too small body wise to match the head I already have so I am hoping to find a body that is a little taller to go with it. Currently considering maybe a smartdoll body. 

Ahh I see, would it be too big for an Obitsu 50 body? I have seen several of those floating around.

Courtmom
On 7/9/2021 at 10:54 PM, luciaxtrix said:

Ahh I see, would it be too big for an Obitsu 50 body? I have seen several of those floating around.

If you have obitsu 50's, why not try to use one of those chest pieces? I've seen it done before.

luciaxtrix
On 7/12/2021 at 12:58 PM, Courtmom said:

If you have obitsu 50's, why not try to use one of those chest pieces? I've seen it done before.

I don't have an Obitsu 50, I was suggesting that body to the commentor

plasticyears

He looks amazing and very boyish <3 have you found it hard to get clothes for the DDS body? I was actually planning to do a similar mod on a DDP. You really got the faceup spot on, it looks so similar to your original sketch! 

Poofiemus

He turned out great! He vaguely reminds me of Kaeya from Genshin Impact, but grumpy lol. (Hilariously, Kaeya IS a member of the Knights of Favonious lolol). Yes, yes your grumpy boy definitely needs his own animal ears. Just adds to his sass factor!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.