Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Tenukihandcrafts

Hello from Seattle!

Tenukihandcrafts

Hi there! I've visited a few times and signed up today.  I'm a long-time doll collector, primarily of bjds but when I learned about Smart Dolls, my interest in vinyl dolls was re-ignited. I've spent the past couple of years watching a lot of YouTube videos and checking out dolls on Instagram while I found a doll that caught my eye.  My first DD head arrived this weekend (H03 and my profile pic) and I'm waiting for a DDIII body to ship.  I'm also fascinated by the idea of buying the parts for a DD and assembling it myself. Besides dolls, I enjoy anime, international cinema of various genres, and photography. I'm looking forward to digging into this forum and meeting everyone.

• Like 2

apag22

Welcome! Seattle is such a cool place, I went to PAX West in 2019 and had so much fun. I hope to go back to Seattle and explore a bit more of the city. 

Also, There are good threads here and here on Smart Doll as a company and their owner. I suggest reading it before taking the plunge and buying one. I wish I had read them before buying my girls, but I still love both of mine regardless. 

Looking forward to seeing your posts!

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Tenukihandcrafts

Thanks, @apag22 for the Smart Doll links. Let me know the next time you’re in town and we could have an impromptu dollie meetup! I started reading the first Smart Doll thread and I guess I’m not too surprised. The website FAQs lay out what customers can expect. It’s a shame that mentality spread to social media accounts.

ChrisFhey

Hello! Welcome to the board!

Hopefully you'll get that DDIII body soon and can start assembling your doll.
I'm hoping to see photos when you're done. :3

Tenukihandcrafts

Thanks @ChrisFhey. Not to worry - I'll post plenty of photos of my new gal.  😀

luciaxtrix

Hello and welcome! I just joined too and am loving it here, especially browsing the Photo Stories forum. :3

The whole drama surrounding Smart Doll is unfortunate, but there is also a really active secondhand market in the USA (on Facebook primarily) if you are ok with that! Smart Dolls have fantastic build quality and I'm very happy with my girl of 3 years~

Hi, welcome! you can buy Smart Dolls from Fabric, Friends and dolls, they have layaway available, the downside is they only have a few to choose from and not a large selection. I've been to Washington not Seattle though, lovely state.

Tenukihandcrafts

Hello @luciaxtrix and @QueenAnna. Thanks for Smart Dolls tips and Fabric Friends recommendation - I checked out their site. To be honest, I prefer limited options. Otherwise, I get decision paralysis 😂I also love buying secondhand dolls - the oldest bjds in my crew are secondhand, as is my incoming DD gal. The drama explains why I haven’t seen many secondhand Smart Dolls out there.

• Like 1

luciaxtrix
1 hour ago, Tenukihandcrafts said:

Hello @luciaxtrix and @QueenAnna. Thanks for Smart Dolls tips and Fabric Friends recommendation - I checked out their site. To be honest, I prefer limited options. Otherwise, I get decision paralysis 😂I also love buying secondhand dolls - the oldest bjds in my crew are secondhand, as is my incoming DD gal. The drama explains why I haven’t seen many secondhand Smart Dolls out there.

No problem :3 Yeah, they are really only being sold in Facebook groups like "Smart Doll Friends", "Smart Doll Appreciation Society", "Smart Doll Lovers United", "Smart Doll by Danny Choo". There are a few that turn up on eBay but they are usually way overpriced. FB groups are where it's at!

Tenukihandcrafts
On 6/8/2021 at 12:00 AM, luciaxtrix said:

No problem :3 Yeah, they are really only being sold in Facebook groups like "Smart Doll Friends", "Smart Doll Appreciation Society", "Smart Doll Lovers United", "Smart Doll by Danny Choo". There are a few that turn up on eBay but they are usually way overpriced. FB groups are where it's at!

I’ll check out those Facebook groups, thanks again. it’s true about Facebook groups. I’ll just have to get with the times. 😂

luciaxtrix
On 6/10/2021 at 12:49 AM, Tenukihandcrafts said:

I’ll check out those Facebook groups, thanks again. it’s true about Facebook groups. I’ll just have to get with the times. 😂

No prob! I definitely prefer the community here, but the sales are all on Facebook 😅

• Like 1