Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

samseramsamsam

80 cm anime TPE doll

samseramsamsam

Just to amuse you, I wanted to show off my 80cm TPE doll. 

Now, these dolls aren't for anyone, I think. I just thought this one was really cute. However, TPE as a material has serious drawbacks and I would not buy again. 

Also, finding clothes for the doll is a chore... 

(yes, technically it is a 'sex doll', but custom made without the 'functionality'. Which I kind of regret now, it would be easier to sell XD) 

IMG_20210518_191436.jpg

Edited by samseramsamsam
  • Like 1

Lurks

Are the drawbacks similar to silicone, ie. being a magnet for dust?

Also, I getcha on the "just finding it cute" thing. I've never been into sex dolls as, well, a sex toy/aid but the concept of life-sized dolls to just pose and put clothing on is interesting.

finnleo
On 6/7/2021 at 3:17 PM, samseramsamsam said:

'functionality'. Which I kind of regret now, it would be easier to sell

You might actually be better off with the function delete... Especially if you might think of exporting, since this size in perticular is frowned upon in some places. To the point of ending up in a newspaper article of "Shipping company informed the customs and police..."

... *ahem* not to mention the practical reasons of buying a fully featured one second hand...

But there are some more serious photographers on twitter these days that do some quite astonishing stuff with some of the taller one's, sometimes to the point where you wonder if it actually is a doll or not.

Naturally there are the low-budget efforts that lug one of the smaller one's around to various places, with non-hankypanky shinenigans going on... and well.. then also the stuff not safe for work.

samseramsamsam
14 hours ago, Tam_I_am said:

Have you got clothes for her?

Yeah, but mostly baby clothes, so nothing really fitted, even though cute 😅

14 hours ago, Lurks said:

Are the drawbacks similar to silicone, ie. being a magnet for dust?

Also, I getcha on the "just finding it cute" thing. I've never been into sex dolls as, well, a sex toy/aid but the concept of life-sized dolls to just pose and put clothing on is interesting.

Oh dear lord, yes! All the dust! I would even say that my silicone dolls are easier to clean, because the material is more forgiving with cleaning etc.

TPE is, for my tastes, very oily to the touch (even though my silicones also leave oily butt stains on their cushions XD) . Even after powdering. I always have the feeling I want to wash my hands after touching the doll... And TPE, as it is a hard oil, needs regular "feeding" (eg with baby oil), or it will deteriorate. In general, where our vinyls can withstand decades, TPE will break down eventually. (Which I did not know prior to buying. Always do your research and don't impulse buy cute dolls 😅

13 hours ago, finnleo said:

You might actually be better off with the function delete... Especially if you might think of exporting, since this size in perticular is frowned upon in some places. To the point of ending up in a newspaper article of "Shipping company informed the customs and police..."

... *ahem* not to mention the practical reasons of buying a fully featured one second hand...

But there are some more serious photographers on twitter these days that do some quite astonishing stuff with some of the taller one's, sometimes to the point where you wonder if it actually is a doll or not.

Naturally there are the low-budget efforts that lug one of the smaller one's around to various places, with non-hankypanky shinenigans going on... and well.. then also the stuff not safe for work.

I basically wanted a "giant Dollfie Dream", but underestimated the material's drawbacks. I wouldn't export it, per se, only ship within Europe 😉 I only have to Muster the courage to put the doll on the classified ads. Or maybe give it another chance and make/find prettier clothes... 

But it also has its good points! No visible joints, great range of motion, and a 'comforting' weight, if that makes any sense? 

IMG_20210518_184717_876.jpg

• Like 1

Tam_I_am

Comforting weight makes perfect sense.  I've got some little beanbutt mushrooms that I crochet, and their weight makes them very nice to hold.  Do you crochet or anything like that?  It's easy, once you know the technique, to make simple and pretty dresses for dolls.  If made with cords instead of other kinds of fasteners, the dresses are even adjustable so you don't have to be perfect in your sizing.  

• Like 1

finnleo
10 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

And TPE, as it is a hard oil, needs regular "feeding"

I suspected something as such, seeing the occasional vaseline spa treatment posts some of the twitter peeps put up ... though followed by a wash, and powder.

10 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

Or maybe give it another chance and make/find prettier clothes.

The clothing bits might be the biggest challege ... Maybe not really because of the 80cm height, but the G-cup bust of that perticular model. Dunno if trimming down some more adult clothing might help in that department.

• Like 1

Tam_I_am
20 hours ago, finnleo said:

The clothing bits might be the biggest challege ... Maybe not really because of the 80cm height, but the G-cup bust of that perticular model. Dunno if trimming down some more adult clothing might help in that department.

This is why I was suggesting crochet.  One can get a perfect fit with that.

• Like 1

samseramsamsam
On 6/9/2021 at 11:50 PM, Tam_I_am said:

Comforting weight makes perfect sense.  I've got some little beanbutt mushrooms that I crochet, and their weight makes them very nice to hold.  Do you crochet or anything like that?  It's easy, once you know the technique, to make simple and pretty dresses for dolls.  If made with cords instead of other kinds of fasteners, the dresses are even adjustable so you don't have to be perfect in your sizing.  

Oh, I do knit. My "fear" is that the knitted clothes take oil from the skin and leave indentations. (I had her in a knitted jacket and it took days for the imprint of the texture to fade. But fade it did.) (Oooh show us your mushrooms :D) 

On 6/10/2021 at 6:23 AM, finnleo said:

I suspected something as such, seeing the occasional vaseline spa treatment posts some of the twitter peeps put up ... though followed by a wash, and powder.

Hmm the oil treatment does not have to be washed off, it seeps into the skin, then powder afterwards. (I wash the dust off before oiling, and the doll has to dry from the oil for hours. Maintenance is a bit of a nightmare with TPE ;))

Tam_I_am
4 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

Oh, I do knit. My "fear" is that the knitted clothes take oil from the skin and leave indentations. (I had her in a knitted jacket and it took days for the imprint of the texture to fade. But fade it did.) (Oooh show us your mushrooms :D) 

Oh, I hadn't thought of that!  She IS a high maintenance girl!  Do you think garments sewn from the legs of tights would work?  They're knit, but smoother.

You wanna see shroomies?  Okay, if you're sure it's alright.  😄  I only have a picture of the big brother one yet.  He's grumpy.  Mushi!

samseramsamsam
On 6/12/2021 at 12:54 AM, Tam_I_am said:

Oh, I hadn't thought of that!  She IS a high maintenance girl!  Do you think garments sewn from the legs of tights would work?  They're knit, but smoother.

You wanna see shroomies?  Okay, if you're sure it's alright.  😄  I only have a picture of the big brother one yet.  He's grumpy.  Mushi!

Awww cute shroomie! Would be a great cuddle toy for the Dollfies 😁

Yes, garments from tights will work great! She is wearing toddler tights which I cut off for trousers (with foot it bent her toes... While the sock part was too wide XD) 

Tam_I_am

LMBO  Yes.  I guess he would.  Let me know if you'd like one, though there's a waiting list.  I never realized little crochet shroom sprites would be so addictive.

LOL  Wow, such quirky fitting.  So large lady tights could make her a dress, or skirt and top, maybe?

• Like 1