Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Starr

Hello from Texas!

Starr

Hello everyone~
It's been so long since I have had to do an introduction!

My name is Casey, I have merged over from Den of Angels (finally) and I have been in the BJD world since 2006-2007. I have only recently started collecting vinyl dolls within the past year as they felt very daunting at first. At home, I have three Smartdolls and one Volks DDH09 girl. However, I do have two more Volks dolls on the way. 

Anyway, I'm excited to see a batch of new beautiful dollies and meet a bunch of enablers! 

• Like 4

ChrisFhey

Hello Casey, welcome to the board!

Sounds like you've got quite the collection of vinyl dolls already. 😄

• Like 1

Starr

Thank you so much! 

I do! It kind of happened over night it seems. 😅

apag22

Welcome! I hear Texas has some really cool spots to travel to! Are you near Dallas? There is going to be DollCon there in February 2022~

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Starr
31 minutes ago, apag22 said:

Welcome! I hear Texas has some really cool spots to travel to! Are you near Dallas? There is going to be DollCon there in February 2022~

Thank you so much! and yes, I actually live about an hour outside of Dallas. 

I'm planning to go to DollCon in February, if COVID is a little more under control by that time. I had wanted to go last year of course; but that didn't happen. 

Edited by Starr

Starr
10 hours ago, Glitt3rgalaxy said:

Welcome! I'm new too, coming from the resin world! 

That's awesome! How long have you had resin dolls?

Edited by Starr
  • Like 1

Starr
On 7/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, Glitt3rgalaxy said:

Only 3 years now! I didn't think i'd get into vinyl, but my taste keep changing. I enjoy seeing different dolls in person, which has me in a bit of a revolving door of buying and selling. But what better way to know what you like. I all msd size, then got rid of a lot of them for Sd size. I have a little of everything now. What do you enjoy most?

I did the exact same thing when I was newly in the hobby (Within the first 5ish years!) I started off with SDs, then I had Minifees and MSD sized dolls, and tinies. I know the revolving door feeling, I'm sure I looked like a crazy person who couldn't decide what dolls I liked. I now exclusively have SD sized dolls and Vinyls, I don't think that my collection will change sizes again, but it certainly has gone through style changes. :)

• Like 1

sunlightandtea

Hello and welcome fellow Texan!!

• Like 1

sunlightandtea
On 7/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, Starr said:

@sunlightandtea

Thank you! You and I are REALLY close! :)

We are! Maybe we'll see each other at a meetup someday! 😄

• Like 1

AlisonVonderland

Hi there! Nice to meet you! I lived in Texas most of my life, though I'm not there currently. And I also started off with resin dolls (in 2010) but I think it was around 2014 I started to get into vinyl dolls as well, and boy howdy the vinyl anime dolls are super addictive. I wish you the best of luck in resisting their temptations! 😅 I need some of that luck myself

• Like 1

Starr
3 hours ago, AlisonVonderland said:

Hi there! Nice to meet you! I lived in Texas most of my life, though I'm not there currently. And I also started off with resin dolls (in 2010) but I think it was around 2014 I started to get into vinyl dolls as well, and boy howdy the vinyl anime dolls are super addictive. I wish you the best of luck in resisting their temptations! 😅 I need some of that luck myself

Hey there!~ 

Yes, the vinyl dolls are super addictive! I think that since I originally posted here, I have added 3 more vinyl's to the collection! Yikes! That's cool that you lived in Texas a while, I have never lived anywhere but here despite WANTING to move! :) 

• Like 1

AlisonVonderland
1 hour ago, Starr said:

Hey there!~ 

Yes, the vinyl dolls are super addictive! I think that since I originally posted here, I have added 3 more vinyl's to the collection! Yikes! That's cool that you lived in Texas a while, I have never lived anywhere but here despite WANTING to move! :) 

Haha aww, well congrats on your new arrivals! Yes I am from Texas actually and lived there nearly 30 years. But no disrespect to other Texans, I'm glad to be gone. There are things I miss sure and it's nice to visit but I find it much less stressful to live somewhere else. 

Starr
6 hours ago, AlisonVonderland said:

Haha aww, well congrats on your new arrivals! Yes I am from Texas actually and lived there nearly 30 years. But no disrespect to other Texans, I'm glad to be gone. There are things I miss sure and it's nice to visit but I find it much less stressful to live somewhere else. 

It's funny that you say that! My husband is IN LOVE with Texas, but most of my family originated from the North. So, I actually CANNOT stand living here. There are beautiful parts of Texas, but overall...it's very stressful and hot. 

• Like 1