Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anna-neko

moar Fate/GO

Anna-neko

just teased on Twitter - The Queen "Scathach-Skadi" will be coming!! more info in Volks News 92 soon
as a DDS (that bit is a lil weird? shouldn't she be same height as Jeanne?)

All the dangly chain bits of her dress are already giving me a headache... for those who've summoned Ruler & Saber, does your team need a Caster? ˚‧º·(˃̣̣̥o˂̣̣̥)‧º·

E4tocsyUYAE1lXD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Chise
  • Like 6

Cinnamoron

Hmm confused at the choice of Scathach as DDS; I see her as a more mature character, but maybe they have plans for more FGO releases that would cause her to be this size.  Can’t remember how tall her sprite is compared to Altria.

Makes me wonder if we’ll get a Sitonai (aka Illya) release at some point, as they are from the same storyline in game. 

• Like 1

Monty

Skadi always seemed kinda popular in the twitter tag for custom Fate dolls but I still didn’t expect to see an official one. I’m glad they’re still making Fate character dolls, I wonder if and when we can expect anyone else? I’m a little surprised she was the next one over a Sakura rerelease alongside a Rider for Heaven’s Feel, or even Mordred, but I know she has a lot of fans who will be pleased.

edit: I suddenly remembered, ages and ages ago at I can’t remember which Dolpa, there was a big Fate display and they had a survey box where people could suggest Fate characters they’d like to see as Volks collaborations. I wonder if this was influenced by those responses…?

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Anna-neko

instead of Sakura ver2, we're getting Emilia ver2.... because clearly a girl less than 5 years old is in desperate need of an update, vs Sakura who's over a decade AND has 3 new movies to cross-promote with blurays is just not enough to bother

Anyway, Scathach-Skadi height in-universe is 162cm, Jeanne d'Arc is 159cm and our best girl Saber comes in at 154cm
Somehow in last release this worked fine in relation to Artoria's height; everyone else was taller than her. Maybe Scathach on DDS is an attempt to tone done her extreme sexiness of her regular Lancer form? They just really wanted more DDS girls in the roster?

Edited by Chise
  • Like 1

bbotss
2 hours ago, Chise said:

Anyway, Scathach-Skadi height in-universe is 162cm, Jeanne d'Arc is 159cm and our best girl Saber comes in at 154cm

There is always the option to switch her to a DD body, but the height discrepancy might be obvious from the length of her outfit, especially if she comes with heeled footwear.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Chise said:

our best girl Rin comes in at 159cm

- fixed it for you. 😄

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade

I would have figured she should have been a DD (not a Sister) as well. I am curious to see the rest of her outfit and better photos of her face.

BeyondTime

Is it just me or does she look SWS? I have a feeling her sculpt will be breathtaking in SWS. 

12 hours ago, Monty said:

I’m a little surprised she was the next one over a Sakura rerelease alongside a Rider for Heaven’s Feel, or even Mordred, but I know she has a lot of fans who will be pleased.

I’d have been disappointed if they had released yet another Saber over a Sakura re-release or a Rin re-release. At least this is a new character from the franchise. 

My kingdom for a Rin as Ishtar release. @onion1@

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Cinnamoron
12 hours ago, Monty said:

edit: I suddenly remembered, ages and ages ago at I can’t remember which Dolpa, there was a big Fate display and they had a survey box where people could suggest Fate characters they’d like to see as Volks collaborations. I wonder if this was influenced by those responses…?

I had thought about this to!  That survey was awhile ago (can’t even remember which Dolpa either) and I had wondered what became of it.  I was hoping we might get a male character (there are a lot of less mature boys who would work on the current bodies *ahem Waver Alexander Lil Cu even Astolfo ahem*) but we all know that’s a pipe dream!

I prefer the original Scathach over Skadi, so I think I’m safe this round.  If we get Scathach, maybe she’ll be on the DD body?  

I do agree Skadi looks SWS.  Looking forward to more photos her!  I want to see more angles of her face! 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Cinnamoron said:

I do agree Skadi looks SWS.

A character named for the Norse Goddess of Winter should be fair skinned. 

11 hours ago, bbotss said:

There is always the option to switch her to a DD body, but the height discrepancy might be obvious from the length of her outfit, especially if she comes with heeled footwear.

One caution I would have here is that Altria’s dress was extremely tight in her DDS body. I tried to get it on DD - S bust Sakura Shinguji once and it was pretty clear I’d bust a seam if I tried to close it up. It would be a bad idea to assume Skadi’s outfit will work on the larger body, in point of fact I would hope it will be sized specifically for DDS so it doesn’t look baggy on her. 

It’s hard to tell from this image, from the way the outfit sits on her she looks like an S bust, but presumably she is an M bust to better fit her character art. 

• Like 1

Galvatim

Using DDS for Skadi does suggest that a Lancer or Assassin class Scathach could turn up on the DD body.  It's frustrating, she's 168 cm in her Lancer and Assassin forms, so she should have a taller body (which is almost certainly the reason Volks has never made F/SN Rider).  

This would suggest that this year's preorder project isn't Fate, so I'll be waiting for Ishtar even longer.  I'd be happy enough with an Ishtar outfit set for Rin (Archer or Rider).  

Edited by Galvatim

BeyondTime
37 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

I'd be happy enough with an Ishtar outfit set for Rin (Archer or Rider).  

You hit the nail on the head, they should release the base dolls and then sell the character outfit sets. You could then have Rin Tohsaka as Ishtar and Ereshkigal.

Anna-neko
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

- fixed it for you. 😄

excuse you, we were using "we" as in this household, where Her Grace runs supreme (Rin knows she's loved, but understands that Saber summon was a literal years long process, Master is very sentimental)

7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

My kingdom for a Rin as Ishtar release. @onion1@

Volks needs to do some alt outfits like they used to!! Ishtar (proper Archer bikini-look or Rider hoodie) for Rin, Parvati cute sari or similar for Sakura, rerelease Illya's school uniform and maybe add Sitonai costume.....
or remember when they had a special set w/ eyes and new wig to make Sakura into her Heaven's Feel version... why hasn't this been done for Jeanne into Jalter?!?!? Volks, plz plz plz make this happen

Galvatim
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

You hit the nail on the head, they should release the base dolls and then sell the character outfit sets. You could then have Rin Tohsaka as Ishtar and Ereshkigal.

I miss the days when Volks supported existing dolls with new outfits.  I know the FGO girls last year had one additional outfit each, but I'll have to turn to other makers for more.  

1 minute ago, Chise said:

Volks needs to do some alt outfits like they used to!! Ishtar (proper Archer bikini-look or Rider hoodie) for Rin, Parvati cute sari or similar for Sakura, rerelease Illya's school uniform and maybe add Sitonai costume.....
or remember when they had a special set w/ eyes and new wig to make Sakura into her Heaven's Feel version... why hasn't this been done for Jeanne into Jalter?!?!? Volks, plz plz plz make this happen

Sakura really deserves a 2nd version, before a Parvati outfit, but I'm with you here.  Jalter...  Really, she needs a SWS release.  Seems like a good excuse for DDS SWS Salter, probably in her Sinjuku outfit.  Not that we really need another Salter, but it would fit with the recent Saber update.  

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Chise said:

why hasn't this been done for Jeanne into Jalter?!?!? Volks, plz plz plz make this happen

2 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Sakura really deserves a 2nd version, before a Parvati outfit, but I'm with you here.  Jalter...  Really, she needs a SWS release.  Seems like a good excuse for DDS SWS Salter, probably in her Sinjuku outfit.  Not that we really need another Salter, but it would fit with the recent Saber update.  

It is kind of odd that Volks doesn't do this, unless the reasons are licensing, but I don't see why the license holders wouldn't want the extra cash for what amount to a doll cosplay outfit.

Fate is such an obvious series to do this with too. I mean you have a basic set of characters with lot of outfit and wig variations.

Anna-neko

I miss the days when Volks supported existing dolls with new outfits.  I know the FGO girls last year had one additional outfit each, but I'll have to turn to other makers for more. 

woah woah woah, holup... why did Mashu & Gudako get additional outfit each, but Saber didn't even get her famous blue skirt & white blouse casual look again?

If Volks is goin for FATE the Franchise - there is a billion and two possibilities for outfits. Sakura could have the sweet white dress from the new movie. Any of the girls, could get cute lil aprons for cooking from the Menu for Emiya's Family. etc

If they gonna go with Grand Order in-game outfits only- why would Mashu get a look the games didn't (there's just her default, the battle dress with giant shield, and a very cute summer swimsuit) but then but then... they didn't make alternative outfits for anyone else. Jeanne's archer dress! swimming tube! or Saber's archer bikini redesigned!

so many outfit possibilities for everyone, and my wallet would weep but I'd still be all over it

BeyondTime
22 minutes ago, Chise said:

why would Mashu get a look the games didn't (there's just her default, the battle dress with giant shield, and a very cute summer swimsuit) but then but then... they didn't make alternative outfits for anyone else.

I think both extra outfits were add-ons in the game. I only played for a short while, and I forget what the acquisition for them was.

burokkori

Ahh.. more Fate GO. Interesting choice this round. Disappointed that it's still not Sakura V2 with all the recent attention she's got with the movies and all. Really hope for the next Fate release to be from the other Fate sources and not another FGO.

Miabird24

I would absolutely DIE if they made jalter, I would absolutely have to have her. Also mash's outfit is from a craft essence in the game.

Milk

I let out a small yelp when I saw Scathach is going to be a Dollfie Dream. As many others I think the DDS choice seems weird (for now). I'll have to see more pictures to know if I'm head over heels for her or just think it's neat that she exists. I'm kind of glad that they're continuing the FGO line.

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

Galvatim
8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think both extra outfits were add-ons in the game. I only played for a short while, and I forget what the acquisition for them was.

They are both found in the game.  Gudako's alt outfit is acquired in a side quest.  During Servant selection before battle, you can change the Master's outfit, each one offers different abilities that can aid during combat.  Some of the other ones that can be acquired include Saber's white top/blue skirt casual outfit, and Saber's Fate/Zero suit.  

Mash's traveling outfit appears on a craft essence card,  which was offered during an event.  Since it's obscure, it was an odd choice by Volks.  I understand not doing her armor and shield, the cost for an outfit set like that would rival at least a basic DD, and shipping would be crazy.  Mash also has a cute swimsuit, which can be gained as an optional outfit she can wear in battle.  From-Sen happens to sell it, in DD form, so I'll probably pick one up.  The outfit Volks went with for Mash does match with Gudako's alt outfit better than a swimsuit, so that is probably Volks' reasoning.  

• Thanks 1

Anna-neko

Mash's traveling outfit appears on a craft essence card,  which was offered during an event.  Since it's obscure, it was an odd choice by Volks.  I understand not doing her armor and shield, the cost for an outfit set like that would rival at least a basic DD, and shipping would be crazy.  Mash also has a cute swimsuit, which can be gained as an optional outfit she can wear in battle.  From-Sen happens to sell it, in DD form, so I'll probably pick one up. 

The outfit Volks went with for Mash does match with Gudako's alt outfit better than a swimsuit, so that is probably Volks' reasoning. 

I have never seen that CE card!! Hopefully they'll rerun the event some day, and can pull for it
My Shield girl does have the swimsuit mini-dress as her current costume, as we dutifully grind mats to lvl up Parvati so she can change into her default Sakura schooluniform look

Anyway back on wildly guessing Skadi's deal as we got few more days before (hopefully) more details drop
She def looks SWS, and most likely M-bust. I'm gonna guess she will be wearing highest of heels to at least stand a lil bit taller than Saber

Tira

I'm surprised they're doing Skadi; I would have expected v2 versions of Sakura and Illya for HF, maybe Rider/Medusa as a new release since she's a popular character with a major role in the final movie. Or at least Scathach proper, since she was a much earlier character. I think she was even in some of the original promotional images?

I'm not particularly attached to Skadi as a character, but the DD version is super pretty.

Saluli

Beautiful doll, but I would prefer her in her white dress.  

I hope they do more fate girls, but not so soon, cause no money now...

But I thought they would release Sakura, maybe with Parvati outfit too.... 

My dream girl is Rin, so I would like an Ereshkigal

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.