Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Luden333

Has anyone ever used this site?

Riesz

The prices seem really steep and the photography is bad. If you're willing to pay this much, have you checked out Etsy and other marketplaces? There are a lot of artists selling nice resin eyes on there.

nami

I think they are legit. Masterpiece Eyes has been around since at least the early 2000s and I've heard their name around the resin side of the hobby, but I haven't bought from them before and the only reviews I can find about them are really old... Not sure if they are even still active!

Edited by nami
  • Like 1

Gallye

Wow, that website is frozen in time, but it is legit. Masterpiece Eyes used to be considered pretty good quality about fifteen years ago, but just as the quality of dolls and faceups has improved by leaps and bounds, so has the quality of eyes; you can definitely do better on Etsy or from a smaller seller.

They were also originally geared towards different kinds of doll, as you can see by the declaration that the eyes can safely be heated. I'm pretty sure they just took a sideswipe at the ABJD community back then and never really kept up with it.

• Like 1

Selenae

Masterpiece is completely legit. I'm not sure if they're still in business however, as it's been years since I bought silicone eyes. But yeah, they've been around for a loooong time.

@Riesz Silicone eyes have upsides that resin ones don't, like being able to flex into oddly-shaped or shallow eyesockets that resin eyes would look bad in.

• Like 1

nami

So I noticed that they have a Facebook account listed on their site and looks like they are at least still in business. They last posted on 2 July 2021.

Luden333

Wow thanks for all the responses I appreciate it. Yeah they do seem to be frozen in time lol I haven’t seen a website like that since I had a myspace profile haha.