Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
misskale

Modifying something pre-made - suggestions wanted

jadepixel

Removing the ruffles sounds difficult, and the sleeves probably wouldn't work out neatly. It would be easier to get a plain long sleeve shirt and shorten the sleeves. There are a lot of sets on AC that include white dress shirts, and I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding a home for other outfit pieces if you only want the shirt.

misskale

Heh, no the shirt is the part of that I don't want, in its current form anyway. That's why I was thinking about if there was a way for me to change it.

milkytea

I don't think you'll be able to cleanly modify the shirt. You would be better off selling the ruffled shirt you don't like and buying a shirt that is the design you want.

Traveller

I belive Baldylox's girls have this outfit as I'm sure i've seen his Yoko wear it, so maybe he can help.

Have you spoken to Alice Collections to see if they can make any alterations as most of there stuff is made to order.

misskale

No, I haven't talked with them. I'll try sending them an email.

For the record, yes, I'm trying to make a Rei. I have a friend who is a very big Evangelion fan and I realized that doing something like this would be fitting for a birthday present. She did a lot for my husband and I over the summer and I thought that needed to be recognized.

baldylox
I belive Baldylox's girls have this outfit as I'm sure i've seen his Yoko wear it, so maybe he can help.

Yep! I do have this and it will fit the DDII as well as the DDdy. Just for reference, here is Elisabeth wearing it. She is a DDII with an M-bust:

6697522505_daf8c945d6_z.jpg

And here is DDdy Yoko wearing it:

5942995895_4cdea89516_z.jpg

They way the ruffles are sewn into it, I don't think you can take them off without damaging the shirt underneath. I think your best bet is to buy this set and then find another short sleeve shirt for underneath. I think that would be easier than trying to mod an existing one.

Speaking of Alices Collections, the do have this:

http://www.alicescollections.com/m3-msh201-p-4001.html?cPath=3_31

I know it's long sleeved but it could easily be modded to short sleeve. As Traveller mentioned, maybe AC could do that same shirt as a short sleeve for you. It's worth a try.

Hope that helps you some!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

jadepixel

Hmm, doesn't Rei's shirt have a big collar? Almost like a sailor-type collar.

ReiAyanamiCD.png

I looked for one like that on Alice's Collection but didn't see any with a plain white collar. But, I think you could fold in the collar of a dress shirt and tuck a faux sailor collar on top, they are essentially just a square kerchief.

misskale

I looked for one like that on Alice's Collection but didn't see any with a plain white collar. But, I think you could fold in the collar of a dress shirt and tuck a faux sailor collar on top, they are essentially just a square kerchief.

I actually thought about doing that with this shirt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60cm-Obitsu-Shirt-Outfit-fit-Super-Dollfie-SD-Luts-Doll-/300389498505#ht_1294wt_1110

But I thought it was more of a Peter Pan collar than a sailor collar. If that makes sense.

misskale

Well, I asked Alice's Collections and they said that the shirt can at least be made into a plain shirt with short sleeves and a normal collar. So that makes some things easier.

baldylox
Well, I asked Alice's Collections and they said that the shirt can at least be made into a plain shirt with short sleeves and a normal collar. So that makes some things easier.

SWEET! That's pretty good news! I hope you can get this Rei cosplay setup soon.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

misskale

SWEET! That's pretty good news! I hope you can get this Rei cosplay setup soon.

Billy

I hope so too. Nearly all the clothes are coming from Alice's Collections because they had the perfect shoes and jumper, so right now it's technically the bottleneck. The body and head are coming on Friday, and I already have the wig. The original eyes I got are too intense so I ordered an 18mm volks pair that should be here next week. The delay at least means I have more time to paint the face and style the wig before sending her off.