Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AlisonVonderland

Hello from Canada!

AlisonVonderland

Hello (again)! I joined this community quite a few years ago now but never really became active and kind of mostly forgot about it... However as my vinyl doll collection has really exploded I thought it would be nice to come back and try to get better acquainted. 

I'm in Canada and would love to make some new friends anywhere in the world ☺️ I pretty much eat sleep and breathe dolls over here and I'm always excited to see other people's collections, characters, customizations, and projects! 

I believe when I joined I had one doll: an Obitsu 48cm Mafuyu (who I've had about three times now? And now I have a heavily modded version I created) Now my on-topic doll family consists of: 

Volks DDh-02 mod + Obitsu 40cm body (Coco)
Volks DDh-02 + Obitsu 48cm body (Tammy)
Volks DD Candy head + Obitsu 48cm body (Fauve)
Azone Houkago Play Girlfriend (Polaris)
Volks DD Natsuki 2nd + Obitsu 48cm body (Hyuna)
Obitsu mafuyu mod +40 cm body (Aimee)
DD Excellen Browning (Rain)

I'm currently waiting on a Dollfie Dream Neris who's just shipped from Mandarake as well (and after that I really need to stop buying dolls for a while)

I also have a few off topic anime style dolls that are made of not entirely vinyl (two resin, one on a resin SQ lab body, and one Cortex Smart Doll who sometimes has a DDh-04 head) and plenty of resin BJDs as that's actually how I first entered the doll hobby. 

The reason I love the hobby so much is mostly for crafting and other artistic expression, though I also just find it very emotionally positive having so many dolls to be my friends. So most of my dolls have been highly customized by me. I love to give them new face-ups, make them hand painted eyes, and sew them lots and lots of outfits. 

Anyway, that's probably enough about me! I look forward to meeting you and seeing what everyone is posting here. 🥰

• Like 4

Dollvari

Hi Welcome back!!!!!😊

Neris is great, I have one lover her to death. SQ lab & Cortex are on topic, we also have an off-topic section where you can discuss resin. I have 2 SQ lab heads myself, thinking I want to get a resin body for one. I agree love seeing what people are working on.

AlisonVonderland
1 hour ago, Dollvari said:

Hi Welcome back!!!!!😊

Neris is great, I have one lover her to death. SQ lab & Cortex are on topic, we also have an off-topic section where you can discuss resin. I have 2 SQ lab heads myself, thinking I want to get a resin body for one. I agree love seeing what people are working on.

Ooh that's wonderful! And thank you so much for clarifying, I'm trying not to be a noob on this forum but I wasn't sure about those! It's super exciting as I suppose that makes two more of my anime cuties on topic here. Yay!! 

Are you thinking about one of the bodies made by SQ lab or another company? Which heads of theirs do you have? I was poking around on here a few days ago and discovered that SQ lab was acquired by Sadol last year and I have to admit, that was emotional for me. They are one of the companies I love most (well their work at least) and I could easily go drop 1K on some heads (you know, if I had it) and I really hope that their full catalog of head sculpts is still going to be available...

cookimooon

Welcome (back!) to the forum! It sounds like you have quite the doll family - if ever you decide to post some pictures of them, I would love to see! 

Veravey

Hi @AlisonVonderland!~

I'm in Alberta and got into the hobby last October. Your collection looks lovely! Looking forward to seeing your photos and projects come to life! <3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Dollvari
5 hours ago, AlisonVonderland said:

Ooh that's wonderful! And thank you so much for clarifying, I'm trying not to be a noob on this forum but I wasn't sure about those! It's super exciting as I suppose that makes two more of my anime cuties on topic here. Yay!! 

Are you thinking about one of the bodies made by SQ lab or another company? Which heads of theirs do you have? I was poking around on here a few days ago and discovered that SQ lab was acquired by Sadol last year and I have to admit, that was emotional for me. They are one of the companies I love most (well their work at least) and I could easily go drop 1K on some heads (you know, if I had it) and I really hope that their full catalog of head sculpts is still going to be available...

This is a very laid back friendly forum, no worries. I for sure want to get at least 1 SQ lab body. Thinking the original SG body, DG59 or DG60. I believe I have 

SQ23 Tachibana (Left) & SQ08 Yukari (Right) in pic below. Yeah I was sad when the SQ lab site went away. I was always impressed with their wide selection of head sculpts. Definitely wish them to continue, maintain & possibly expand.

20210728_203355 small.jpg

AlisonVonderland

@cookiemooon Thank you very much! I'm very much looking forward to posting pictures. We can upload them directly on this forum once we have full membership if I understand correctly? That would be helpful as I've stopped really using flickr for hosting anything except portfoilo and sales pics. But I take a crazy amount of doll pictures that I post on Instagram. 😄

@Veravey Aw lovely to meet you! If you are every in the Calgary area maybe we can get some dolls together for a meeting 😇

@Dollvari Well that's good to hear! I think currently my largest anxiety is that I don't feel certain what level of thread necroing is ok around here. And I don't want to be that person, lol. 

Beautiful girls!! Seriously I love every one of their sculpts. I have the SQ lab body which I believe claims to be 53cm tall but somehow it's more like 48cm? Kind of a strange difference in height there but any head that looks cute on the 48/50 cm obitsu looks good on it too so I guess that makes my life easy enough. 

Veravey
1 hour ago, AlisonVonderland said:

Aw lovely to meet you! If you are every in the Calgary area maybe we can get some dolls together for a meeting 😇

I am! I'm in Calgary actually ;;) I'd love to meet sometime, I haven't had the chance to make an doll friends IRL yet so that would be lovely. Maybe even a photoshoot!

AlisonVonderland
1 minute ago, Veravey said:

I am! I'm in Calgary actually ;;) I'd love to meet sometime, I haven't had the chance to make an doll friends IRL yet so that would be lovely. Maybe even a photoshoot!

OMG that's amazing! We are currently working on getting a local community back together. My friend and I have started the effort and there are a handful of others so far, I know there is at least one person who is also on this forum and collects only vinyl now. As for myself I have a healthy mix of BJD and vinyl anime dolls. Anyway I think there will be good variety in our community so please feel free to get involved! I posted a thread in meet ups with more details but you can also feel free to send me a direct message here! 

• Like 1

RaverBJDJunky

OMG that's amazing! We are currently working on getting a local community back together. My friend and I have started the effort and there are a handful of others so far, I know there is at least one person who is also on this forum and collects only vinyl now. As for myself I have a healthy mix of BJD and vinyl anime dolls. Anyway I think there will be good variety in our community so please feel free to get involved! I posted a thread in meet ups with more details but you can also feel free to send me a direct message here! 

Welcome back the the forum friend!! Also i feel like with how long i have been inactive i should re-post my intro lol! 

• Like 1

RaverBJDJunky
1 hour ago, Veravey said:

Like alison said there is a little budding community of us trying to get the community back on its feet in the Calgary area, if you want u can ping me on instagram (raverbjdjunky there too) and i can give you deets about a little meet im hosting next weekend ^^ 

• Like 2

AlisonVonderland

Oh and I forgot to address it but I'm super into taking photos of other people's dolls when they are into it and pairing dolls together for pictures so if you want photoshoots we will have photoshoots!

• Like 1

Veravey

Oh and I forgot to address it but I'm super into taking photos of other people's dolls when they are into it and pairing dolls together for pictures so if you want photoshoots we will have photoshoots!

Yes yes!! Absolutely!!! I'm so excited @onion24@

I was hoping I'd eventually find a local group!

• Like 1