Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aililysan

Do people date their dolls?

aililysan

I was carrying my dollfie dream boy with me and my Mom asked me if he was my boyfriend. So I started wondering if anyone dates their dolls?! XD Is that even a thing? If so do you bring your doll to fancy restaurants, long walks on the beach, etc.? How does dating a dollfie dream work?

• Haha 1

moerunamida

Never had that question asked to me, but I have been asked if I was bringing my baby out to play before. It was an elderly woman, so there was no maliciousness in her voice. I just smiled and nodded. I've never brought my girls out to restaurants (concerned about germs and dirt way before covid was a thing). If you want to bring your DD out on a date, who's to stop you? :) I guarantee you will get some looks, a mix between good, odd, and bad so just be prepared for that. I think taking a doll out for photos is really a fun challenge and you can meet some people you wouldn't have met before!

Edited by Deyja
spelling
  • Like 5

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Monty

I just imagine this slightly cursed Bonjour Suzuki video, but with a DD.

(warning for slight nsfw end, additional warning for earworm song)

I’m aware the phenomenon exists to varying extremes,mbut I’ll leave my uh..less than positive thoughts on it out of the thread…

• Like 4

battrastard

Took Tana out with @bux_darkangel's Suigintou out a (long while ago) to Kitt Peak. 

We didn't have too many folks give us "grief", per-se... Most folks there were: "oh, ok.... that's cool"..

Best I can say.... Do what you want, Frack those who have "issues". that's their problem, not yours.... 

• Like 5

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

moerunamida
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I just imagine this slightly cursed Bonjour Suzuki video, but with a DD.

I’m aware the phenomenon exists to varying extremes,mbut I’ll leave my uh..less than positive thoughts on it out of the thread…

HUGE props to that guy managing to get the Pullip remaining standing in her stand. They are notoriously bad, and I always ended up using super glue on them, because they'd come apart on you. That was a heck of an earworm song. I've been bopping my head the past 5 minutes whispering 'Baby Baby Baby!' to my cat. He isn't amused.

• Like 2

cookimooon

If someone wants to date their doll, I really respect them for doing what makes them happy, despite people who will have a problem with it.

2 hours ago, battrastard said:

Best I can say.... Do what you want, Frack those who have "issues". that's their problem, not yours.... 

That's pretty much my thinking!

• Like 3

knc
3 hours ago, Monty said:

the nsfw part is when he swings around that wig right?

As for people who date their dolls, I don't know anyone who reenacts chobits irl

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tasuke

me and Konomi-chan never did find time for Dating, per-se.

we merely fell right into love, and before i knew it, she was my Wife;

Konomi_9-12-22_RESIZE_40.jpg?width=1920&

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 7

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

aililysan

Your replies were all very fun. If I dated my doll there would be a big age difference because he looks like someone who just turned 18 and I am 28.  Maybe it is a bad idea because he has yet to become a mature adult and just got out of the angsty emo teenager stage. Then again since he is a doll I guess it doesn't matter. I could date a my little pony if I wanted. I have already gotten wierd looks for carrying my stuffed dog around after my real dog died though so who knows how random strangers will react to my DD haha. X3

• Like 1

jazijaz

Well...I'm aromantic asexual so dating my dolls would never be possible 🤭 they date each other instead, I only give them housing and clothes but there is one doll, my first doll, whom my mom considers as my kid. She knows he is my favorite and I think he is also her favorite because she only talks about him even though I have so many dolls now. Sometimes she enters my room and when she doesn't see him she asks "where's your son?" and funnily enough I know she is talking about my first doll, he is my baby after all. 😊 my first doll is a BJD from Dream of doll, it's not a DD...I think she doesn't like my DDs because she only stares weirdly at them but when I'm with my first doll she calls him cute and even holds him....I think she thinks it is her grandson 🥴

Edited by jazijaz
  • Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

I do have a doll that represents my OC "boyfriend" I made up in middle school...but I'm planning on getting a doll version of "myself" for him to date.

On the other hand, I have jokingly called my AP Miu my "girlfriend" a few times; most of the time I think of them as kids/younger siblings/beings I am the caretaker of. 

• Like 2

BeyondTime
23 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I think of them as kids/younger siblings/beings I am the caretaker of. 

I think that’s a better way of looking at it. I’m not going to judge anyone if they do feel a romantic kinship with their doll, and there are things like blow up dolls so it’s not like “dating” a doll is a new thing.

My problem for myself would be if I “dated” my dolls, that would make me that psycho who keeps girls locked up in a room in his house. XD

• Like 5

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

moerunamida
On 8/9/2021 at 7:22 PM, BeyondTime said:

I think that’s a better way of looking at it. I’m not going to judge anyone if they do feel a romantic kinship with their doll, and I guess there are things like blow up dolls, so it’s not like “dating” a doll is a new thing.

My problem for myself would be if I “dated” my dolls, that would make me that psycho who keeps girls locked up in a room in his house. XD

I'm a good psycho. My dolls get to see daylight once in awhile, but not too much! Don't want to harm their delicate skin! 😄

Edited by Deyja
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Selenae

Hmmm. I'm fictosexual, but my realm of attraction doesn't extend to inanimate objects like dolls. But if you want to date your doll, more power to you.

• Like 4

zaada

I've heard of people dating the more "lifesized" dolls, like some real-life lars and the Real Girl. Personally I've always thought of the dolls as more like kids than anything! haha

• Like 1

Keijogirl

The big ones I’m sure, but I think it’s mostly just shelled mini waifus in this hobby. Some make use of the onna-ho parts but I think that’s mostly a kink thing.

i don’t doubt that someone somewhere does the real relationship w/ a DD thing in secret, but idc as long as I don’t unknowingly come into possession of a “pre-loved” onna-ho girl 2nd hand (again 😒) I’m fine and folks can do as they please. 

• Like 3

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

AlisonVonderland

I do have a doll that for a long time I have casually called "my girlfriend" doll but I do not mean it in a sexual way it's mostly a joke however if you really want to get into the thought experiment of dating a doll I think that for my dolls that are homebodies they are probably pretty happy in "the relationship" because I show them a lot of affection by spending time with them, telling them how beautiful they are, and giving them a lot of handmade gifts. 😆 We also sometimes go out to meet new doll and people friends together, I do not keep them secret from family and we go on nice relaxing walks in nature. So all in all seems like a nice relationship for them. 

I do think that for a lot of people dolls can end up being a very healthy outlet for different kinds of feelings without taking it to a next level of actually having a sexual relationship etc (though honestly, if that's someone's kink, I couldn't care less, just be polite about it and read the community you are in). You can definitely understand that your doll is an inanimate object while still having some feelings of deep asexual love or even romantic attraction because they are physically beautiful and very likely have personality traits that you are drawn to. 

• Like 3

aililysan
On 8/24/2021 at 8:25 AM, Keijogirl said:

The big ones I’m sure, but I think it’s mostly just shelled mini waifus in this hobby. Some make use of the onna-ho parts but I think that’s mostly a kink thing.

i don’t doubt that someone somewhere does the real relationship w/ a DD thing in secret, but idc as long as I don’t unknowingly come into possession of a “pre-loved” onna-ho girl 2nd hand (again 😒) I’m fine and folks can do as they please. 

What is that?

Keijogirl
7 hours ago, aililysan said:

What is that?

If you mean onna hole or “onna ho” parts, those make your DD into a working sex toy akin to a fleshlight. 

• Sad 2

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Mainframe110

As for the subject of Keijogirl's unfortunate encounter, it oddly enough seemed the minority of content in a BJD section of a more ~adult doll~ forum that I once happened to stumble upon once- or at the very least it wasn't as prominent as I expected. I didn't go looking for this kind of thing specifically but it was sure enlightening to come across, to say the least. 😅

Edited by Mainframe110

puxlavoix
On 8/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, Keijogirl said:

as long as I don’t unknowingly come into possession of a “pre-loved” onna-ho girl 2nd hand (again 😒

Wow! Care to tell about how you found out, elaborate? Could be added to the current things to lookout for when buying a new doll.

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Hideto Koudanshi

Like others have said, the closest I get to this is seeing young-looking dolls like children to me. Mature dolls feel like brothers or cousins. Basically, related people I can love dearly but have no sexual attraction or interest to even if I believe they are very attractive. My RL brother is quite handsome and is adopted, which negates the “incest” idea on a genetic level, and it never occurred to me to see him as anything more/other than a sibling. The same goes for my dolls. I love them dearly but not in “that” way.

But as also has been said by others, I wouldn’t judge anyone harshly for loving their dolls more romantically so long as it seemed like a “non-abusive” doll relationship. I’m friends with many waifuists and they’re nice people. They don’t do anything to deserve hate or negativity.

• Thanks 1

Poofiemus

Well, I'm Ace and kinda Aro, so I don't even date real people! :lol: And as for my relationship with my dolls, I also see it as a weird mix of parental/sibling/friendship, though the proportion kinda varies depending on which doll we're talking about. (Some have characters that are more mature than others, lololol)

Though amusingly I have two sets of doll couples, where the doll's characters are dating each other--and somehow neither pair is straight. Nanoha and Fate are lesbians, and Viktor and Yuuri are in a gay relationship. (Viktor is gay as a maypole, Yuuri I consider more demisexual tbh.)

Actually, I joke that Agatha is my token straight out of my group. XD

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Noxxbunny

I have a big separation from character and doll for some reason. Kaito is definitely in the category of "husbando" for me in terms of fictional characters I have "romantic" feelings for, but it doesn't transfer over to my doll versions of him. I say romantic, but as someone who's in an almost 12 year relationship with a real person...I know the feeling is actually a very long term infatuation. To compare the two feelings is almost a bit silly to me.

Weirdly, I consider doll Kaito to be more like an extension of myself since I've done so much work on him and invested a lot in him emotionally as my first doll. As for my other dolls. I only have a couple of older boy DDs anyway. I don't really know what I consider their relation to be to me. My Vocaloids and 9S are easy, they're android characters to me so I'm simply an owner. I like robots, that's how it is lol.

As for all the others who aren't androids...they all just like to hang out in my house, I guess? 😆

• Like 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)