Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

apag22

Favorite Travel Bag?

apag22

So I am going to be going on a vacation soon and want to bring a doll. My boyfriend suggested Mirai as our travel companion, but I have never traveled with a SmD! Does anyone have a bag recommendation? It would be nice to tuck her away if we stop in bars/restaurants.

Photo of miss girl on my messy desk for tax <3

image.png.4d6b4e32d3e3497b60eb5a4bbe745215.png

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Tierparkzone

My backpack for photography equipment turned out to also be very decent for transporting dolls. The insides connect via velcro and can be adjusted depending on what I want to carry. I can easily fit one doll together with my camera and lots of extra stuff or two dolls with a bit of extra stuff inside it.

As a plus, these backpacks do a decent job at protecting the insides from bumps or rain.

I'll probably be able to take a few pictures of mine over the weekend, if desired.

When looking for a backpack yourself, just make sure the inside is tall (~42cm) and wide (~22cm) enough to fit your kneeling doll.

Light colored inner lining (for stain safety) is a desirable bonus but you can always protect your doll with an additional plastic bag.

• Like 2

battrastard

My Go-To carrier was an old zip up duffel bag I used on road trips for aircraft maintenance. 

35315687430_38301e5965_b.jpg

(Also worked great as a "Stasis Container") 

35572138701_198608f2f1_b.jpg

Honestly, the Kiddos absolutely HATE it...... But, it holds four, with them individually wrapped in white, fine linen pillowcases...

I recently picked up two more girls, with two more expected by the end of this year (Volks Pre-order) so I'm thinking of getting creative with 

something modular...... (still letting that "percolate" a bit before I commit, though)

I've seen some pics of deep shopping bags (with cute lil heads 'n shoulders sticking out) that could be a way to go.... 

• Like 5

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

daydreammoment

At our meet-up, someone suggested a yoga mat bag and it was the perfect size!  I did put my Smart Doll in the bubble wrap sleeve to protect her first but it was the perfect sized bag for her to ride around in.

• Like 2

Mega Negi

I was using one of these for a while with acceptable results. I'm not sure I would try it again though. Guitar Hero Double Guitar Bag + 2 Guitars | Chesapeake MarketPlace

Misuka

Finding a good bag is surprisingly hard to find. I had a handbag that was the perfect length for SD/DD and was good for putting on a single shoulder and carrying them around, but the single sling bag that volks sells is good too. The only problem with resin was that it was eventually too heavy and double shoulder backpack eventually became desired. Luckily DD are lighter, but I still kind of want a backpack.

I wish that Danny's backpack had been more easily accessible, because that was one of the better solutions I have found. He based it on a camera backpack and I have been seriously considering modifying a camera backpack to hold 2 dolls as of late.

Oculae
6 hours ago, Misuka said:

I have been seriously considering modifying a camera backpack to hold 2 dolls as of late.

One of my Discord friends said that the Mirai Carry was comparable to the Peak Design camera bags, so if you go that route, I'd try using one of those!

I make things even harder for myself by wanting a bag that can display AND carry my doll, AND carry my stuff. And I hate backpacks, so the modified cat carrier bag I use, while viable, makes me sad.

So far my only option is to get a bag from YURIQLO, an independent artist from Japan, but that is MUCH easier said than done considering all their releases sell out instantly and they rotate what bags they make. I'm tempted to reverse engineer one of them from the pictures I have.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Misuka

That bag is basically perfect Oculae - good window for out and about while keeping them safe. I guess I'm real close to commissioning someone with the ability to make one to my specifications at this point. 😅

Oculae

@Misuka If you find someone willing to make these, let me know! Just because I probably COULD reverse engineer one doesn't mean I have any confidence that it'll be GOOD. I'm a novice seamstress at best. 😂

Here is my cat backpack btw, for those interested!

20210925_104018.jpg.718279ac05e428002dae50f5e1f1f141.jpg

Euphie, my hybrid with a resin head, is very kindly showing off that a 60cm Obitsu, kneeling, fits in there wonderfully.

They're called space capsule cat backpacks on Ebay, but you can probably find them on the evil empire's site (Amazon) and possibly Etsy. I have a paperboard insert in there that came from an old picture frame. I cut it to fit inside the bag and also cut out a rectangular hole in the bottom to stick the legs through. A couple holes punched in it let me thread some cord through to tie the doll to to keep it secure, and then the whole thing goes into the bag to separate most of the doll from whatever else you're carrying! I've used it as my primary carrier for over a year now, it's very sturdy and nice. I just hate backpacks, so I want a YURIQLO tote instead. 😅

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Noxxbunny

I've used this bag I got from the Disney store before and I like it since it's padded with the cooling insulation stuff. But it doesn't let your doll lay straight, which can be a concern for their spine lol. 😂

61Pcte3YfPL._AC_SL1140_.jpg.87d3deea479eee98c9a70b853b05efe9.jpg

I also just purchased a cheap yoga mat bag off Amazon. I'm gonna be taking a cross country trip by train next month, so I'll let you guys know if it holds up for that!

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

TeaDoll
On 9/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, Oculae said:

One of my Discord friends said that the Mirai Carry was comparable to the Peak Design camera bags, so if you go that route, I'd try using one of those!

I make things even harder for myself by wanting a bag that can display AND carry my doll, AND carry my stuff. And I hate backpacks, so the modified cat carrier bag I use, while viable, makes me sad.

So far my only option is to get a bag from YURIQLO, an independent artist from Japan, but that is MUCH easier said than done considering all their releases sell out instantly and they rotate what bags they make. I'm tempted to reverse engineer one of them from the pictures I have.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Literally came here to sing the praises of the Peak Design bag. (I am that Discord friend!) I've had it for well over a year and it is built to withstand anything. My SmDs are always safe inside and separate from my camera. The bag is comfortable and easily rivals the official SmD Mirai Carry. Sincerely, buy it if you want to travel a lot! (It also survives sand.)

Oculae

Just popping in to mention that DOLK finally seems to have answered my prayers - they just announced a bag that they claim will fit up to 60cm dolls!

It's 20,900 yen, and looks to be a hard case, which is excellent for travel. I'm getting one ASAP! 😍

...As soon as I can figure out how to order from the jp site. Might need a proxy.

Oculae

GUESS WHO FIGURED OUT HOW TO ORDER THE GIANT BAG!!!

DOLK wasn't lying, this thing fits my 60cm boy easily.

20220619_134309.jpg.128adb1c9c1fee5ed24a625d77ae0c10.jpg

The remote by it is for the bag itself - I wasn't expecting it, but that example picture of the bag, with all the silk flowers and lights, is how it ACTUALLY COMES. The lights are warm white, battery operated with 3 AAs, and have a few twinkle modes you can use...or a solid if you're boring like me. 😂 The bag DOES have to be opened to use the remote though, the remote signal can't seem to go through it.

spacer.png

It comes with the two small handles sewn on, attachment points on either side of the zipper for a longer strap that you can use to carry the bag horizontally on your shoulder, and attachment points at the top and bottom of the bag that you can use to carry it on your back like a guitar case! The big strap included is big enough to comfortably act as the guitar case style strap, but if you prefer a more backpack-like configuration you'll need 2.

The bag itself seems very sturdy - it's a hard case, suitcase-like material, the windows itself is solid acrylic, and if you get tired of carrying it, it's got feet that you can set it on to prevent wear on the bag's walls. I really appreciate that the red velvet ties aren't sewn on- they're threaded through some plastic attachments, so they're replaceable...which is good, because I really don't want to deal with that potential stain risk. I'll either do the white cording that I have or maybe I'll spring for white velvet ties just to keep the theme. Speaking of stain risks, I'm not sure if that black cushioning underneath will stain or not, so be careful.

Now I need an excuse to leave the house with it! Fellow Chicagoans, arrange a doll meet soon, please! 😘

• Like 5

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Oculae said:

The remote by it is for the bag itself - I wasn't expecting it, but that example picture of the bag, with all the silk flowers and lights, is how it ACTUALLY COMES. The lights are warm white, battery operated with 3 AAs, and have a few twinkle modes you can use...or a solid if you're boring like me. 😂

That is so cool!

bahboh

woww that dolk bag is so impressive.
I'm in the same boat as Oculae and got myself a cat carrier backpack for if i want to show off the doll, and a 7 racket tennis bag with a luts pillow envelop for more protective transporting.

Emil

I use the Volks store bag. Fits 8 DDs comfortably. 

20211230_185225.jpg

• Haha 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Kymera
On 9/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, Oculae said:

spacer.pngOne of my Discord friends said that the Mirai Carry was comparable to the Peak Design camera bags, so if you go that route, I'd try using one of those!

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Oculae Really cute! I can imagine a little cluster of dolls crowded in the window. And no. It doesn't look that hard to reverse engineer.  How do you keep your doll from sliding around? Is there a strap that keeps them in the window?

My go-to travel bag is a padded camera tripod bag. Unfortunately it only holds 2. But it has a nice zippered pocket, so that's one thing I really like.

Edited by Kymera

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

Babybel-Goth

Cat carriers all the way, lol

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I use my Miku Dollfie carrier when I'm taking somebody out to do a photoshoot. There's a few internal pockets, which I mostly use for stowing Pureneemos in.

This doll sleeping bag will be ideal if I want to travel long distance with somebody. I found it on AliExpress, and also have a Pureneemo sized one. Misaki reckons it's rather excellent.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.