Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MaleficentMrsofEvil

Improving leg posing?

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I've heard that upper body posing on SmDs is amazing - especially the spine.

But I've seen firsthand that the leg posing - well, there's better out there.

By way of comparison, Rainbow High dolls could have double-jointed knees. You just need to Dremel a small divot in the back of the knee joints (Poppen Atelier showed how on a RH customization YouTube video).

Is there something comparable you could do for a SmD body? Is hybridization the only option? Has anyone tried modding their SmD bodies?

I get that these are expensive dolls, but coming from the BJD world where it's common to tear your dolls apart, cover the joints in hot glue, or sand stuff off, I'm just curious if anyone has tried anything and had success.

Tierparkzone

dolFun makes alternate hip and knee joints for Smart Doll that improve the motion range of the legs.

https://en.dolfun.jp/?Collection=カスタムパーツ

I don't have these, so unfortunately I can't tell you if they have any notable drawbacks. But from the dolls I've seen in person with the changed parts, the increase in the motion range is significant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Thanks! I now have a webpage titled "Frame Crotch" in my bookmarks.

Oh, the places doll collecting will take you...

• Haha 5

Leparda

I asked myself now, If the doll is modded with more poseabilty, is it worth more or less or same if I try to sell them? I do not plan to sell them but I would like to ask this before I would do such an irreversible operation. I mean it just adds something positive to the doll, but it is not in it's original form anymore🤔

BeyondTime
25 minutes ago, Leparda said:

I asked myself now, If the doll is modded with more poseabilty, is it worth more or less or same if I try to sell them? I do not plan to sell them but I would like to ask this before I would do such an irreversible operation. I mean it just adds something positive to the doll, but it is not in it's original form anymore🤔

It's hard to say. A limited doll would potentially lose value, but a standard doll with an improved frame potentially has more value. You probably shift yourself into a different market though. A stock doll would have a lower price but wider market, where the upgraded doll could sell for hundreds more but to a niche market. 

The problem for SmartDoll owners is that there is a stigma regarding mods and certain types of customization with some part of the community. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

moerunamida

I didn't gain any extra for selling two Smart Dolls that had an upgraded Dollfun hip joint.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif