Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
marishade

2021 Dollfie Icon Clover-RG (NSFW)

marishade

Hello! I just finished unboxing my Dollfie Icon 'Futuristic' Romantic Glance Clover (there are some perks of working from home lol)

Mine is designed exactly like her promotion pictures, which I am just fine with. Pictures follow my thoughts.

My thoughts:

Maybe it's because I am not into fashion, but the pants are just. . . weird to me. I do not like how they work, I cannot get them to look non-messy but maybe that is the point?

I prefer the undergarments that came with the 2019/2020 versions of the Icons.

The duster jacket is awesome! It looks so good! The only issue I have is there is some pleather detailing I did not see in the promotion photos, an unpleasant surprise but since it is white hopefully it will not look too bad/obvious as it inevitably deteriorates.

Love the shoes, probably my favorite Volks pair. I actually like that they do not use a zipper in the back, makes them look a bit more realistic.

Ears pre-pierced (thank goodness) and earrings pre-installed

Black wig cap. . . Of course. BUT the strands are a really pretty purple black that go great with the mint skin.

I know because they are hand-painted it is bound to happen, but the eye shadow on the left cat-eye is not as dark as the right. Almost like it was wiped off before sealed? It is not too bad but does make her makeup look a little uneven. 

The Romantic Glance looks as sassy as I hoped, but I think because of the double eyelashes used it is very hard to glimpse the actual deep blue eyes she has in (as seen in pictures, only ones you can see the eyes are the ones I took with flash).

My Clover's body fits together perfectly (compared to Lilac who has a mixture of too loose and too tight in various places)

My Icons' makeup match exactly eachother exactly as I was hoping and they look like a pair of devil-may-care troublemakers.

20210907_124302.jpg

20210907_125204.jpg

Edited by marishade
added nsfw just incase
  • Like 1

marishade

This photo is meant to show that Clover does have eyes (lol) and to provide a comparison of the slightly different makeup styles between 2020 and 2021 (like bottom eyelashe, eyebrow painting, and amount of chin blushing.) 2020 Lilac only has one row of eyelashes compared to 2021 Clover RG's two. 20210907_132904.jpg

Edited by marishade
  • Like 2

Meowjima

The pants were easy once I realized I had them on backwards.  My only complaint about the duster is I can't seem to unclasp it completely/wear it open.  I was lucky enough that Iris had a pinkish/blond wig, so I did not have to worry about a wigcap.  I did love the shoes, though.  I was surprised with how easy they were to put on and the fact I was able to get her to stand in them without an actual stand.

off-topic, though - did Ringdoll release Elias' outfit in 1/3 size, or does it actually fit DD

moerunamida

Haven't tried any of the clothes yet, but the boots worry me because of the black thread inside. I cannot for the life of me get my Icon's wrists out to make dressing her easier. Like I've tugged and tugged and they just won't budge. I guess I don't have enough experience with the DDIII frame? Gorgeous photos!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

marishade
10 hours ago, Meowjima said:

The pants were easy once I realized I had them on backwards.  My only complaint about the duster is I can't seem to unclasp it completely/wear it open.  I was lucky enough that Iris had a pinkish/blond wig, so I did not have to worry about a wigcap.  I did love the shoes, though.  I was surprised with how easy they were to put on and the fact I was able to get her to stand in them without an actual stand.

off-topic, though - did Ringdoll release Elias' outfit in 1/3 size, or does it actually fit DD

I know I have them on right because I checked the promotion photos (chain in front) . . . But I just do not like how much extra fabric there is bunched haphazardly in the front and the waistline never looks 'clean'.

As for the duster, it took me a few minutes of careful tugging to get the front zipper completely open too. The bottom is stiff to unhook.

I feel the same about the shoes!

As for Elias's outfit, yes! The default outfit fits DD no problem. The elastic under her chest is a little loose but otherwise it is a great fit. I love the outfit.

marishade
10 hours ago, Deyja said:

Haven't tried any of the clothes yet, but the boots worry me because of the black thread inside. I cannot for the life of me get my Icon's wrists out to make dressing her easier. Like I've tugged and tugged and they just won't budge. I guess I don't have enough experience with the DDIII frame? Gorgeous photos!

I am actually in the process of getting some new white socks for Clover, I dislike the idea of my dolls in shoes without socks anyway.

The wrist problem is the exact same that I have with my 2020 Lilac. Most of her body is pretty loose except for her darn wrists. I have a heck of a time even turning them in their sockets. I tried sanding them down a little but it has not made much difference. I usually just take the vinyl hands off themselves if I need to change her clothes or hand parts, leave the wrist joint where it is. My DDIII Miku, Rin, Len, and this new Clover do not have any issues with their wrists.

Thank you for the compliment!

• Like 1