Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MaleficentMrsofEvil

Loose Obitsu connectors

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Does anyone else have this problem? The arms have a tendency to fall out of the shoulder sockets, and the legs come off the hip joints. 

I realize I bought a used doll, so the joints may be old.

Should I wrap the posts in something? Any recommendations?

Veravey
51 minutes ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Does anyone else have this problem? The arms have a tendency to fall out of the shoulder sockets, and the legs come off the hip joints.

I purchased a 50cm girl on Mandrake this spring and she has this exact issue. It may be a bit different from your circumstances, though, because her shoulder joints are cracked (which the listing made clear.) She was a good price though, otherwise new with no staining, and kind of a test for me so I got her anyway.

I'm replacing her shoulder mechanism shortly, when the part is back in-stock. Apparently this is common for these dolls.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Testament

You should take it apart completely, with the help of a hair dryer if the parts are not soft vinyl, to inspect all the "bones" and see if there are any cracks or other.

Obitsu / AP bodies disassemble very easily.

AM-JKLWhQvI5ewf26g4MbDiKcC0CpnFFGfKEUm2-L7Aahcthuw-JuXp7Xbi1bNvy1W2mNLHrVvXfD3JXIKr1OCypKfGs-j9MhWh3s_-izU0E36js5xkcmE54pcfM6Mz4FScLoQfPHE6RmLdi2E2y5sT6yuHx=w600-h899-no?authuser=0AM-JKLV9CH20mvQtMP5rMi2zFodaZLd2AhL0I676_ZhfWzdjfQyLQMWvoErNNnnrOFSmQjToOdxxEw9JC0MmJpa-18Xp6pFpVbunprqZFpXjhK3I8RDbpCMvdNs1-QfN4maV1kILkWglf_ePEekTTdMmChab=w600-h899-no?authuser=0AM-JKLWWEtYhPWVPXmuWcNPXKYu5Uh-dveY8BqwNPhZRCpR3-bPwFME5J1AtgRa3urmP7w6IWe1meId1wig3YG4Yj1m8depY0tIRRhSjuuqof1WTzZgD5rW9zI6FtG9rxmVW-C9Lcesss7wjebfSIUzebtuL=w600-h899-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLWzpKkmu_gox8lggpBNYF-Fnv-eX3Mv4mnkAJRf0kVcmtpCPfFbYrYiGsVI99CxTLaLGjLrtjN2DB6wUaFiCEzA5Mv6ig89OBc0FO2OEUY94Uq0JGav9w2wMbwp7STILdnQV9bxrQWKVERkn7FsuiWF=w1349-h899-no?authuser=0

The parts most prone to breaking are always the shoulders, the pelvis (due to the fact that the vinyl gets stuck in it while you insert the leg and creating thickness breaks the joint) and the neck.

Fortunately, they are all parts that can be easily purchased on the Parabox website or in any case around for replacements and repairs.

For example this happened to me:

AM-JKLUz-Hkw5yfkJjwbQ5sre7nF4mEgFHjdIdvg

I had to cut the entry point to make it slightly larger:

AM-JKLWPdeHAURfgFwaG7Cq5qvGlr9QdY7mclpvO

• Thanks 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

XOHimitsuOX
1 hour ago, Testament said:

For example this happened to me:

AM-JKLUz-Hkw5yfkJjwbQ5sre7nF4mEgFHjdIdvg

I had to cut the entry point to make it slightly larger:

AM-JKLWPdeHAURfgFwaG7Cq5qvGlr9QdY7mclpvO

Yeap, happened to me too, and did the same :)

MaleficentMrsofEvil

So the doll came disassembled - there were no cracks in the shoulders.

I suspect that because this doll is my hybrid beast, maybe I have incompatible parts? 

I should have just bought new. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I regret buying this doll used more and more...

I'll try a light coating of nail acrylic around the post and let y'all know how it works out. (I've used nail acrylic on plastic Barbie necks. It's cheap, easy to mix, dries quickly, and is a snap to sand.)

Testament

I don't know... what kind of hybrid is it? Azone, Obitsu, Angel Philia, VMF50, ecc all share the same skeleton, so they are 100% compatible, speaking of bones.

Maybe there are some tollerances.

Can you post some photos?

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

MaleficentMrsofEvil

By hybrid, what I mean is, the parts appear to originate from different dolls. Some of them have Left and Right in English, others have Japanese Kanji. Even though it was sold as a 50 cm doll, and the internal armature is 50 cm, it came with 48 cm shins. 

I suspect this was someone's "parts" doll - they harvested what they needed from it, and discarded the unneeded parts. 

chef_mai

I'm having this problem too. No cracks and was in pristine condition ("unused" on Mandarake, everything was sealed too), but the left shoulder of my Azone 48 (it's an AZO2-C which has a longer arm iirc?) tends to come loose when dressing her. I have to pre-emptively press it back in, then it doesn't fall out. It's otherwise fine in normal use.

The other issue I notice is that one of the hands tends to fall out of the sockets more easily than ideal, but idk if this is normal or not. My only point of reference is a 1/6 Obitsu where neither of these issues happen, only a loose/weak knee joint there.

Edited by chef_mai