Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Removing stains from shoes

ragnamuffin

Does anyone know how to remove the black marks from the shoes in the pics? I don’t know what the marks are from because the shoes are from a secondhand shop and it doesn’t say on the listing. Any help is much appreciated!

D0EC7F8E-B7B7-453D-ADAF-9145854986E0.jpeg

D532F166-DC46-4999-9454-91DF47A147A4.jpeg

Elagabalus

Since the shoe's outer material is a woven fabric, I would try spot cleaning it with water and laundry detergent first. You can gently work the detergent and water in and see if that breaks up the staining. If that doesn't work, you could make a paste with oxiclean and a little water and let that sit on the stained areas for a few hours. You might even be able to soak it in water with oxiclean, the soles are probably glued on with something that's not water soluble. 

The fabric looks like satin though, so be gentle with it so that you don't cause it to pull. If you have a really soft-bristled toothbrush it might be ok to agitate the stained area with that? 

I don't think magic eraser will work, they don't work on woven fabric to begin with. Using it on pleather is hit or miss, it depends on the type of staining.

Edited by Elagabalus
better instructions
  • Like 1

Bellatrix

If the price is a steal, I'd personally get them and try to was them gently with water first, and mild detergent soap. If that doesn't work, I'd paint them black, making sure to leave the pearls white.

• Like 1

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

ragnamuffin

Thanks for the replies @puxlavoix@Elagabalus and @Bellatrix! The shoes are on Dollyteria and have been for a while, most likely because of the marks.

The price is pretty good so I was thinking of buying them and treating them myself, but I don’t really have the confidence I can get them sufficiently clean and I already have a pair that look pretty similar so this project is on the back burner for now. If anyone wants to have a go at it, they’re here:

https://www.dollyteria.com/phone/product/234006

But I’ve saved Elagabalus’ instructions on my phone because I’m sure it will come in handy in the future! Thanks again 🥰

• Like 1

Bellatrix

They are not very expensive, but you can get a decent non-Volks branded shoes for +$20. They are a pass for me, but thanks for sharing the link! :)

• Like 1

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Elagabalus

@ragnamuffin I wanted to add that a friend of mine recommends not soaking shoes in general since a lot of them have paper fillers for stiffness, but I think this pair is probably ok because they don't look like they have much if any filler. If you or anyone else do get them and end up having to soak them, I'd recommend trying to only soak the toe on the stained shoe. I think the oxiclean paste method is probably the best though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1