Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
marishade

Help with damage to Dollfie Icon faceup?

marishade

Hello, wondering if anyone has any advice fore me:

My Dollfie Icon Clover fell, not sure how; it was not a graceful fall it seems.

Not only does she have a circle of paint missing from her nose, she also has some kind of smear mark over one of her eyes. Not sure what it is from. She must have hit something on the way down, cannot tell if it is from her wig or something else. . .

I have tried rubbing at it with a damp paper towel but it is not budging. Magic eraser would take the paint off so I will not do that. Any tips for removing it without further damaging the faceup?

20211106_113904.jpg

20211106_113920.jpg

• Sad 1

Yumeiro
4 hours ago, marishade said:

Magic eraser would take the paint off so I will not do that.

I would still try it, on the eye smudge - lightly.
Going by dollfie dream standards, the faceups are hard to remove. But with Icons, it depends on if the whole heads are sealed, then it might get a slight shiny spot if you use a magic eraser...

I hope you can get some advice to solve it! 😖

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Volks sells very fine q-tips for painting, and those are the only thing I can think of that might have the precision to get at that smudge and work on it.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=404

As far as what to use to clean it with I’m not sure. Obviously any solvent like acetone or denatured alcohol would represent a danger to the face-up, so you have to make sure that the q-tip was slightly dampened instead of wet. It might be a bit of grease or grime from something she hit or landed on. I think for now the key thing is to remove anything you can from the surface, and then you may have to wait to see if any stain in the vinyl fades and that may take a month or two.

I had my Makoto Kikichi get a small light stain right at the edge of her blush and all I could do was wait for it to fade on its own. Her stain was very light, but yours is darker and looks like it’s got material on the surface. You’d want to take care to clean in a way that doesn’t rub it into the vinyl or the face-up. I’m not even sure how you’d do that, but I’m thinking lift or dislodge as opposed to applying pressure down onto it. Gently scraping with an x-acto knife could work, but you run a big risk with anything that sharp.

In the end she may be getting a new face up, and you could check DoA for people who do resin style face-ups. 

One other tool Volks has that might work, although I’ve never seen this item in person. It’s meant for for cleaning, and the foam tips might be better suited to the task than cotton or paper.  
https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=8962

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

battrastard

I would start with a q-tip with only warm, mild, soapy water. Anything more harsh will damage the face-up. work it a little bit at a time, or, until you're uncomfortable with going further. After that, you might want to look at who does face-ups, to bring her back to how she is. 

Best of luck to you, I hope it works out for the best... 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Veravey

Miniso sells good pointed q-tips, too. And they're very firm. I have them in white.

g91tv73ue5151.jpg.2794f820f80d8a2aad6b204d5960f524.jpg

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Miniso sells good pointed q-tips, too. And they're very firm. I have them in white.

Those look awesome. I usually use Q-Tips to apply Dream rescue, but those are much better than the normal ones. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade

It does not feel raised on the surface. The idea of scraping does make me uneasy. . . @BeyondTime  I will order both of those, see what I can do. I will also try minis q-tips @Veravey . Thank you all for the advice. I am quite upset about the event, I specifically have my Icons on a shelf above my bed to prevent this kind of thing, I have no idea what she may of hit and how she ended up on the floor. Thank you @Yumeiro and @battrastard too.

I really want to preserve the faceup if possible. 

• Like 3

Jezrah

There's also Swisspers makeup appilcators- they're firmer than Qtips and one end is pointed. I get them just in Walmart but I'm guessing they could show up anywhere with makeup. 

Or if you need tiny tiny ones and have a Hobby Lobby I've gotten some there in the model building section. Saves on shipping if that's an option.

I second trying with just soap and water first to see how far that gets you before trying anything more extreme. I hope it goes ok, it sucks when stuff happens to their face. 😱

• Like 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, marishade said:

It does not feel raised on the surface.

It’s always hard to tell from photos. For sure it looks like something smeared on her when she fell, and if that’s all stain then it’s too dark to fade on its own imo. The light streaks might, but the dark spots are going to need removal. I think someone once mentioned applying a single grain of Dream rescue to a spot with a toothpick, so that might be an option. But it looks like some of that smear is on her eye shadow, so it’s going to be hard to stain treat it and preserve the face-up.

21 minutes ago, marishade said:

I really want to preserve the faceup if possible.

I don’t blame you. The Icons have beautiful faces. I mostly mention the face-up option as a reminder that one way or another she can be made perfect. Cauldroness posted a photo of her custom icon awhile ago, so if you do have to get her redone, some really amazing things are possible with the right artist. 

Definitely try what you can before giving up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1