Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Starlight

Greetings from germany!

Starlight

Hello everyone,

has been a couple of weeks I found some pictures on etsy.com catching my eyes. Some pretty amazing dolls I didnt know such would exist.

I am an adult, who loves to collect merchendise, figures and dolls. I love all kind of disney, anime and animated stuff in generel. Though I have to admit, the casual barbie and monster high seem pretty nice for kids but not for me. For what I have seen yet, Smart Dolls and Dollfie Dreams on the other hand are a completly superior level. So I found myself in the process of ordering my very first 1/3 smart doll.

Since shipping takes time, I am browsing etsy, amazon and ebay for doll clothing. And since my new Smart Doll shouldnt stay alone for long, I am also checking the VOLKS Store for maybe getting a Dollfie Dream.

It's still a new world for me and a bit confusing. I watched youtube videos and I am suprised of what is possible in this pretty toy world, starting with out of the box dolls to completly modded and unique custom dolls and custom face makeups. I realized that I could need some help but it would be also nice to share my new love for dolls with other people.

I am looking forward for a christmas with my new doll and hopefully some clothes to make her stay warm during winter ^^ Also I am looking forward to have some fun with you guys and sharing tips and experiences about dolls! Happy to be here!

Yours

Starlight

• Like 2

ChrisFhey

Hello Starlight! Welcome to the board. :3
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here, and in the hobby in general.

Knowing how these dolls work, you probably won't stay with just one doll for very long if fincances permit it. 😄
Which is your first Smart Doll you decided to get?

Also, keep in mind shipping times if you're going to get your doll some new clothes, as Covid has a tendency of making things take longer than they should.

• Like 1

Starlight

I picked the Smart Doll "Strength" in Tea. I love her freckles! 

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/filter-smart-doll-all/products/smart-doll-strength-tea

For clothes I am still checking my options, preferable stores from europa to save the shipping costs from japan and to get some less expensive stuff. Also my first steps I am planning here, to read the "clothing & accessories" section as well as the generel threads about dollfie dreams and smart dolls.

I guess it would have been smarter to register here first before I bought my first doll, on the other hand I feel like there is tons of stuff to learn about dolls :-)

Starlight

She's here! I ordered my Smart doll on monday (November the 22.) and got her 4 days later already on last Friday. I am really suprised of the fast shipping from japan to germany, considering the corona situation. One day later my first set of clothes arrived, so I can show you my first doll. I have read I can't post picture here before I have 30 posts, can I? Well but I insert a imgur link, hoping you can see my pretty doll:

https://imgur.com/a/7S7205b

The tea color looks darker in natural then on my screen but I am happy with it. My final goal is to have one doll of every skin color, though that will take some time and some money. I paid 136 € / 150 $ just for the custom duty. For now I will concentrate on dressing my doll, taking pictures and just enjoying her sitting next to me when I am working or gaming. Also I will try some different haircolors and -styles. I am not a fan of long or red hair, though it looks better then I thought. And who wouldnt love this doll? Still need a name for her. Might take longer to get her a name then getting her ^^

Have a great day!

ChrisFhey

Congratulations! 😄

That was very quick shipping. Did you purchase your doll from Culture Japan directly? I thought they said it usually takes a week or two for their dolls to ship out, so I'm pretty surprised.

Anyway, enjoy your doll, and welcome to the bottomless pit that is buying clothes for your doll. 😛

Starlight
52 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

Congratulations! 😄

That was very quick shipping. Did you purchase your doll from Culture Japan directly? I thought they said it usually takes a week or two for their dolls to ship out, so I'm pretty surprised.

Anyway, enjoy your doll, and welcome to the bottomless pit that is buying clothes for your doll. 😛

Yes I got it from Culture Japan directly. Pretty fast message vom Danny Choo and he shipped it the same day I answered his email. I thought it would take 2 weeks or even more but it was delivered by air mail and DHL. 

I also bought some more doll clothes from different stores, mostly etsy. The clothes might arrive during the next 1-3 weeks, lets call it my this year "advent calendar".

Finding clothes seems difficult though. I try to buy from german or european shops for saving time and shipping costs. You are right about the bottomless pit, I can spend hours just looking for clothes ^^