Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
chef_mai

Having trouble getting shoes on

chef_mai

I alluded to this in the other topic, but I'm having a hard time getting official Azone shoes onto my girl, sometimes even without socks. In fact, I even find thicker socks like these I got today to be very difficult to get on already.

In particular, the loafers aren't slipping on at all, even without socks.

Am I overlooking the obvious? All that I'm aware of is that the ankle joint is pretty fragile, so I don't want to get too greedy.

Riesz

If the loafers are rubber you could try heating it up a bit with a hair dryer to make the rubber more pliable.

ragnamuffin

Yes, please show us a picture of the shoes.

If they’re Azone they should fit. I’ve never had trouble getting shoes or boots on, but sometimes there’s a button or strap or something in the way that needs to be undone before it slips on easily (not meaning to be patronizing, it’s just that sometimes it’s not immediately obvious).

Edited by ragnamuffin

chef_mai
10 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Yes, please show us a picture of the shoes.

If they’re Azone they should fit. I’ve never had trouble getting shoes or boots on, but sometimes there’s a button or strap or something in the way that needs to be undone before it slips on easily (not meaning to be patronizing, it’s just that sometimes it’s not immediately obvious).

These are the shoes. As far as I can tell, the tongue cannot be slipped under that strap. It's sewn shut.

spacer.png

And this is as far as I can get them in where the back sort of gets smashed. 

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai

ragnamuffin

Hmm, I don’t have loafers so I can’t say with any certainty, but I’ve definitely pushed the foot in and had the back of a shoe smash up. Once the toes are in at the tip of the shoe, you can run your finger along the inside and pull it back up, or gently pull the shoe and slip the back around the heel. This may take a few tries.

I know you’re worried about breaking the ankle joint, but in my experience it only broke when I screwed the screw in too far. In theory it shouldn’t break from a bit of struggle with some shoes unless you’re being really rough, but it’s true that there are a lot of horror stories about Obitsu parts breaking for seemingly no reason :(

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

chef_mai

I was able to finally get them on by shoving in firmly, then pulling the backside up. Thanks!

That said, I find it a bit odd that the foot seems to make a bulge that's well short of the toecap of the shoe.

spacer.png

• Like 1

chef_mai

The Volks Rena uniform came with a pair of loafers. Despite being for the MDD's smaller feet, the loafers are physically larger both inside and out.

The quality difference is night and day, which is expected since the loafers seem to retail for over double the price of the Azone ones.

spacer.png

chef_mai

It's been a long while but wanted to report back on the original shoes. While I use always use the Volks loafers first, when a second girl needs to wear loafers, I drag out the Azone pair.

I found that having the shoe worn and not taken off for months has expanded the material enough that it can be slipped on fairly easily now, even with socks. It's still nowhere as loose as the Volks one, but it's easy enough that it does the trick in a pinch.

• Like 2