Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
chef_mai

Azone head only fits halfway-in to diff Azone body

chef_mai

Got my second girl in, this time, based off the Azone 45 (it's one of the Gochiusa girls).

I wanted to swap the head over to Azone 48cm body but can't get it to seat firmly -- it's not totally "off" and floppy, but it feels like halfway-in, and the neck appears too long. If I pull off the bust entirely, it slots in fine to the bare skeleton. It's almost as if the neck joint is a little shorter? The other heads don't have problems.

I also notice that the screw inside the neck joint seems larger than the one my 48cm girl came with. I thought this was a standard part.

Besides this, one of the lower legs keeps coming loose, so it detaches from the thigh. Is there a way I can tighten this up? I don't see any cracks.

Edited by chef_mai

Tierparkzone
52 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

Besides this, one of the lower legs keeps coming loose, so it detaches from the thigh. Is there a way I can tighten this up? I don't see any cracks.

This seems to be somewhat common but is usually an easy fix:

Sorry, I can't really help you with the neck issue. I'd hazard a guess, that the bust vinyl parts have necks of different length, so the peg sits in lower?

• Like 1

chef_mai
4 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Sorry, I can't really help you with the neck issue. I'd hazard a guess, that the bust vinyl parts have necks of different length, so the peg sits in lower?

Thanks!

I swapped back from the Obitsu L to the smaller C-bust the body came with, and it snaps in just fine now. It seems to be a slightly shorter neck + the soft vinyl making it a little easier to work with perhaps.

I forgot to take a pic before I did the swap, but this side by side from Mandarake shows the differences in the sculpt. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 7.51.03 PM.png

Edited by chef_mai

nanika

You are correct that the Azone 45cm dolls use a shorter neck piece.  If you want to put the 45cm doll's head on a 48/50cm body, then you'll probably want to remove the head from the 45cm neck piece, and then connect it to the 48/50cm neck piece.  Sometimes that can be a pain, as the flanges in the head can be difficult to re-clamp in a neck connector.  

The Azone 45cm bodies have a unique bust piece.  The neck is trimmed shorter than a standard Obitsu 48/50 bust.  If you trim the neck of an Obitsu 48/50 bust just a little bit, then you'll be able to use it on an Azone 45cm body.  For body movement, it also helps to trim the bottom on the Obitsu bust just slightly so it's not so tight on the Azone 45 lower torso.  

A note on the picture comparison you posted-- You have a photo of an AZO2 G-bust and an Obitsu 50 L-bust.  Those for the most part are interchangeable.  

The doll that you have is an AZT8-45 body (S-bust).  It is NOT an AZO2 bust, which are for 48/50cm dolls. 

These Azone 45cm (AZT8-45) bust parts are slightly customized versions of the Obitsu 50 busts.  

As for the Azone 45 bust being softer than the Obitsu bust-- that is due to the change to semi-rigid skin at the end of 2020.  It was a change by Obitsu, who also produces Azone's customized parts, whereby the torso & bust went from soft -> semi-rigid, and the rest of the body parts went from rigid -> semi-rigid.  It affected all of the Obitsu & Azone dolls.  So if you have a doll or parts that were bought before the change, the busts & lower torso are soft.  If you have a doll or parts manufactured ~Dec 2020 or later, then the busts & lower torso are semi-rigid.

As for the loose lower leg, I'm not sure what part is exactly coming out of what (as I don't think you mentioned the exact specifics), but the pegs for the knee joint might be a bit too long (just a possibility, as for the 45cm dolls, it's a standard Obitsu 50 knee joint with the pegs trimmed.  If it wasn't factory trimmed enough, it might be causing the loose joint.  In which case you could sand down the end to make it shorter with a file or something.)

Edited by nanika
  • Like 1

chef_mai

Oh yikes, I thought all of the 40-50cm dolls used the same neck piece! Thanks for clarifying that. (If it were to break, how would I obtain another one? It seems that Parabox dolls all share the same one.)

That then explains why the head with the 48cm neck piece seems to jut out just a little bit from the 45cm body I swapped it to. It sounds like the right thing to do is to swap the neck pieces around in both.

I don't intend to swap any bust on the 45, and if I did, I could probably just use the 45cm Parabox part for this. I am still experimenting with what I want with the AZO2 body though. 

The leg disconnects at the kneecap, so the knee/peg and everything below it comes off in one piece, leaving the thigh on the rest of the body.

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

In the end, I swapped the two neck pieces. The length of the tube portion differs by 1cm between the standard Obitsu one and the A45.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai