Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

MDD Crash-landing 🚀 Mune-Kuma

OccultBeast

I think I feel content enough with how she is currently, so I can finally introduce you to my custom MDD girl: Mune-Kuma!

She's an Alien Space Bear, and upon landing on this planet, adopted her name from Ramune (because it's blue, like her!) and Kuma (cause she's a bear, duh).  We politely told her that 'mune' is also the word for breast, but she just snickered and insisted on the name.

Somehow she already owns more clothing and accessories than both of my DDs combined!  I'd like to do more work to her wig to style her bangs to be more separated and give a bit of curl at the bottom, and she needs a new pair of antennae that sit better under her ears, but I can't deny her cuteness any longer!  I'll post her faceup WIPs and mockups in a second post under this one, for anyone interested~

I hope you'll receive her warmly! 💙

crashlanding-2wm.png.953022cbd7a9416852e53874c1102d48.png

crashlanding-3.jpg.598eb64e566a4fb27c792deda1904a99.jpg

munekumaTREE-3ps2WM.jpg.fa994480758e4d48545fda73f9ab03ce.jpg

S T A T S :
MDD Semi-white skin body
Custom DWC-01 Head painted by me
Eyes are from an unknown maker

• Like 9

OccultBeast

Here are my in-process shots of working on her faceup:

munePROCESS.png.1c3e2062fac65ea80e222158bb91a1b9.png

It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, as compared to resin BJD faceups, but it still challenged me a lot!

Here's her original mock-up ideas (I ditched the small mouth idea because the expression didn't suit her, and I'm so glad I did!):

mune.PNG.375df6de5ec849b8c7530fcef0b60c59.PNG

I also realised the constellation on her cheek was just way too busy, so I dropped it in the process too.

Overall I had faith that she'd turn out however she was meant to turn out, and I'm so pleased with the results!

(also yes, I do own two of this same wig... no, I'm definitely not considering buying a third or anything, just in case...)

• Like 10

DreamDollDesign

She's so adorable! I love how expressive she is and the style you did her faceup in, too. The sparkles are precious.

• Like 1

MagicalRozen

Wow she's so adorable! I love the way you did her eye brows and her backstory too! Invasion of the cute bear from outspace! How creative and cute! <3

• Like 1

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

OccultBeast
59 minutes ago, DreamDollDesign said:

She's so adorable! I love how expressive she is and the style you did her faceup in, too. The sparkles are precious.

Thank you!  I really wanted her to be much more playful than my DDs, so I had to go all out with her expression~

2 minutes ago, MagicalRozen said:

Wow she's so adorable! I love the way you did her eye brows and her backstory too! Invasion of the cute bear from outspace! How creative and cute! <3

Thanks!  I shamelessly attempted to smash some of my interests together into one (bears, aliens, BLUE—) and it just means she's infinitely effective against me when demanding more clothes and accessories.

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

Oh she's super cute and cartoony (I mean that in the best possible way!) She's so animated, I love it! 

OccultBeast
40 minutes ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

Oh she's super cute and cartoony (I mean that in the best possible way!) She's so animated, I love it! 

That's definitely more how I wanted to lean with her, so thank you~!

OccultBeast

Just dropping a quick shot of my baby, since I spent time styling her wig a little more!
Not sure if I'll keep the curls forever, but they definitely add a bit of flair 💙
I'm in love with her little ahoge now that I curled it more, though~  o(*////▽////*)q

Mune-Kuma says hello!

twofortuesday-5B.jpg.68c713252201923e2172df259aa2446b.jpg

• Like 11

Matango

Wow she's so adorable and unique, the faceup is amazing! I'm in love with her blue jacket too, may I ask where you got it?

OccultBeast
6 hours ago, Matango said:

Wow she's so adorable and unique, the faceup is amazing! I'm in love with her blue jacket too, may I ask where you got it?

Thank you~! (❁´◡`❁)  It's probably from some Taobao seller, but I'm pretty sure I ordered it through Alice's Collections forever ago.

Riesz

She's soooooooo cute!!! I love her faceup and styling so much!

OccultBeast

ヾ(≧▽≦*)o Thank you!  She's glad to be appreciated!

Here's a quick shot I took of her last night while taking some product photos~  She insisted on having her photo taken, too. ♥  I put her hair in some pancaked braids for fun, and I think it's a really cute option for her to wear sometimes!

kaitodreaminB.jpg.b6a90b9de69bb14b689aa1f42f87185b.jpg

• Like 6

Rajke

She’s really cute. 😊

• Thanks 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

battrastard

Such a fun-loving lil thing! I love the cheerfulness you've put into her! 

• Thanks 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

MagicalRozen

Ooo I really love the pancake braids! Such a cutie <3

• Thanks 1

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

sugarbeta

So cheerful! I love that royal blue color scheme. As much as I do love pastels, sometimes you just need to be punched in the face with color.

• Haha 1

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, sugarbeta said:

So cheerful! I love that royal blue color scheme. As much as I do love pastels, sometimes you just need to be punched in the face with color.

It's true!  Originally my plan was to go with a Soda Blue colour for her wig (like the official Volks ones) and make her more sky-blue themed, but I found this royal blue one on a whim one day and ordered it, expecting it to be a slightly more light/aqua-y blue.  At first I was put off by the colour, and the fact that it's like a blend of blue fibers, but very quickly fell in love with it so much~!

Most of her clothes are white or light blues because those are easiest to find, except for a sweatshirt I made myself that's almost the same colour as her hair, and it's a little hard to get it to 'work' sometimes.  Maybe I'll make a graphic for the front or something... 🤔

sugarbeta
8 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

It's true!  Originally my plan was to go with a Soda Blue colour for her wig (like the official Volks ones) and make her more sky-blue themed, but I found this royal blue one on a whim one day and ordered it, expecting it to be a slightly more light/aqua-y blue.  At first I was put off by the colour, and the fact that it's like a blend of blue fibers, but very quickly fell in love with it so much~!

Most of her clothes are white or light blues because those are easiest to find, except for a sweatshirt I made myself that's almost the same colour as her hair, and it's a little hard to get it to 'work' sometimes.  Maybe I'll make a graphic for the front or something... 🤔

Ah, doll clothes, where you can easily find any color you need as long as it's black, white, or pastels. :V The white/baby blue clothes do work for her though.

I've seen people do neat things with iron-on transfers that look really in-scale. Or possibly applique?

• Like 1

OccultBeast

Today I finished up a little project I had been working on~ ˋ ( ° ▽ 、° )

Introducing... The Bear Cube!  Affectionately named because my wife thought it was a cube when I showed it to them un-stuffed.  It's got little bear ears on top and even a little nubbin' tail in the back!  I wanted an option for Mune-Kuma to sit on my desk instead of standing, since out of my three girls she takes up the least space, so I made her a plush chair to park her bear butt.  She took to it right away and cozied up with her favourite Lazy Bear plush!

bearcube-7b.jpg.ce5022d28d909fe34db0c29a85365435.jpg

bearcube-5.jpg.761f15c070be11d4b9f570e81dd7b4bc.jpgbearcube-4.jpg.1c2bfc3bdb2a59197d7fcdd508fb7252.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

battrastard

Fluffy? Check!

Blue? Very! 

Perfect size? You betcha! 

I place the Adorability Factor at 12+, minimum!! 

Very, very Cute!! 

• Like 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Matango

Aaah that chair is perfect, the fabric, the color... inspires me to try and sew some mini bean bags. I have zero sewing experience though 😶

• Like 1

OccultBeast

Just sharing this cute shot of Mune-Kuma I took the other day, since today is KAITO's 16th birthday!  She really loves him~

It must be the blue hair ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭ 

kaitodreamin-4b.jpg.f662af5c7b5da5e90c23e6663e29ee47.jpg

• Like 3