Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
chef_mai

Denim shorts that don't stain?

chef_mai

I'm starting to shop for MDD clothes for my 45cm Azone girl and have ordered a little bit from Volks.

One bit I'm having trouble picking out is denim shorts, which have a reputation for staining if left on. I like to keep my girls in their outfits, rather than fret about staining.

The Azone pair I already have for my AZO2 girl has been remarkably stain free, but I hear that TTYA and Nine9 (which make otherwise nice looking pairs that seem popular) are pretty prone to staining.

baldylox

I love denim shorts and I have a ton of them for my girls.  The MDD ones I use are mainly Volks and TTYA, neither of which have I had any stains left from.  And I leave the girls in their clothes for months before changing them and so far no issues at all with those shorts.  

Billy

• Like 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, chef_mai said:

I hear that TTYA and Nine9 (which make otherwise nice looking pairs that seem popular) are pretty prone to staining.

I have pretty much every pair of shorts and skirts that are currently up on TTYA’s Etsy, and my girls have worn them for weeks without staining. The caveat being that all the ones I have are DD sized and not MDD

I live in a dry climate, but it has been raining the last few weeks and the added humidity hasn’t brought out any stains. 

I have these by Dollheart and Iori wore them for a year without staining; sadly out of stock and Dollheart doesn’t restock. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

battrastard

I'll second anyone here who's said TTYA hasn't had their stuff stain... 

Both my Saber Alters has clothes from TTYA and have worn them for months and haven't stained.. 

Plus, I will definitely buy more from them, because their stuff is soooo cute! (want those VW Shirts!! I'm a VW nut, OK??) 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, battrastard said:

Plus, I will definitely buy more from them, because their stuff is soooo cute! (want those VW Shirts!! I'm a VW nut, OK??) 

They have some new outdoor adventure shirts on their Etsy. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tierparkzone

The stain risk associated with denim is based on the fact that it's inherently a dyed fabric, whereas if you just want general fabric of a specific color, you can always go for artificial fiber that is produced with the pigment "baked in" inside the plastic.

I can report some light staining after Kanata wore her TTYA denim skirt for about two weeks. But then again, the skirt sits fairly tight and humidity in Tokyo can easily top 90% during summer months.

That said, the stains were easily removed with Dream Rescue and I never had issues with any non denim item from TTYA.

• Like 1

chef_mai

Thanks for all of the feedback! I feel a lot better about placing an order with them now.

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

But then again, the skirt sits fairly tight and humidity in Tokyo can easily top 90% during summer months.

That's a key point. Staining experiences can vary based on external factors like environment. I've got stuff that some people claim is a stain monster, but I've never had any issues.

chef_mai

Aside from one incident that may have been my fault, I've had a good run of having my girls free of stains wearing Azone, Volks, and a bit of other clothing.

That has come to an abrupt end today with the pair of TTYA shorts that I reviewed here, after 2 days of being worn, have heavily stained my 45cm girl's lower torso + legs (to a lesser extent). It's an Angel Philia one, so I have no choice but to wait it out.

I can't say for certain whether the staining happened because of the material itself or the dressing process (it was a tight fit on an Azone 45, but it stained in parts that underwear wouldn't have covered).

It's never humid here, and it's limited to just the denim shorts (and likely the overalls since they're the same material). The black gym shorts and the raglan I just got have no issues. 

• Sad 2

chef_mai
On 7/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, chef_mai said:

That has come to an abrupt end today with the pair of TTYA shorts that I reviewed here, after 2 days of being worn, have heavily stained my 45cm girl's lower torso + legs (to a lesser extent). It's an Angel Philia one, so I have no choice but to wait it out.

I can't say for certain whether the staining happened because of the material itself or the dressing process (it was a tight fit on an Azone 45, but it stained in parts that underwear wouldn't have covered).

It's never humid here, and it's limited to just the denim shorts (and likely the overalls since they're the same material). The black gym shorts and the raglan I just got have no issues. 

I finally got around to trying a rinse of the shorts in lukewarm water. The water turned a little blue each time, and it might be my eyes, but I think it even stained the container I was doing it in. It's air-drying now while I ponder my next move.

The AP torso it stained still has a little bit of staining, but it's in the bits that are blushed but always covered by underwear, so I don't mind too much.