Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arein

Customs Headache

Arein

So, I recently purchased a Dollfie from Japan. I asked the seller to ship DHL and for some reason they shipped FedEx International Priority which I have no experience with. All was going well until I checked my tracking to see that my item was stuck in Memphis, TN due to me needing to fill out a 5106 form needed for formal entries. The problem is, the order was not over the formal entry $ limit. So I have come to worst conclusion that the value may have been listed at 150,000 dollars instead of 150,000 yen. It is my understanding that dolls and toys are free from custom duties in the United States, but is there a price limit to this? I DO NOT want to pay tax on something wrongly valued at $150,00. This really sucks. The FedEx global offices also do not work on weekends and I'm sure they will be closed for MLK day too and I am worried about my package being sent back to Japan. I just want my doll :(

Edited by Arein
  • Sad 1

BeyondTime

I would contact FedEx Tuesday, and then if the dollar amount is wrong contact the shipper. They should be able to correct it.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Arein

After further research I think Fedex offices are open this Monday so I will try to clear everything up then.

Arein

Update. The seller I bought the doll from just told me they sent the wrong doll and now they are stopping the package and giving me a refund. So I guess I am not getting my doll after all.

• Sad 2

Arein
1 minute ago, ragnamuffin said:

Which one was it, if you don’t mind my asking?

It was the Nier Automata 9s ...and they sent me 2B 🥴

ragnamuffin
8 minutes ago, Arein said:

It was the Nier Automata 9s ...and they sent me 2B 🥴

Dang, guess they couldn’t just let you keep her as an apology huh 😉

Did they say why they can’t send you 9S? Was he sold/sent to someone else?

Arein
2 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Dang, guess they couldn’t just let you keep her as an apology huh 😉

Did they say why they can’t send you 9S? Was he sold/sent to someone else?

I'm assuming they may be a reseller and never actually got 9s. Honestly this seller has been such a headache that I would rather have the refund.

• Sad 1

Noxxbunny

That's awful, I'd be so bummed out. I don't know what price you bought that listing for, but there's another 9S up on Yahoo Auctions right now for a 95000 yen buy it now price. I hope you're still able to get one!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

BeyondTime
14 minutes ago, Noxxbunny said:

That's awful, I'd be so bummed out. I don't know what price you bought that listing for, but there's another 9S up on Yahoo Auctions right now for a 95000 yen buy it now price. I hope you're still able to get one!

Weren’t they ¥85,000 new? If so ¥95,000 isn’t too bad a markup for the full-set. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Noxxbunny
13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Weren’t they ¥85,000 new? If so ¥95,000 isn’t too bad a markup for the full-set. 

Yeah, I think I paid about 85000. Somewhere in that ballpark. Not a bad markup at all since the one on Yahoo Auctions seems to have just been in display and then put away again.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Arein
On 1/17/2022 at 1:57 PM, Noxxbunny said:

Unfortunately, I can't even afford that now since the seller said I damaged the item on the return (EVEN THOUGH I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED IT) and the only refunded me HALF my money.

abs2891

NGL that sounds like a scam… you shouldn’t be liable for postal damage if you never even touched it.  That’s on the original seller to settle with FedEx to the extent they insured it. 

How’d you pay?  I am positive something like PayPal goods and services would insist on a full refund if you didn’t settle a claim already but I am guessing that’s not on the table 😕

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

Noxxbunny

Yeah I'm in agreement that it sounds like a scam... You never saw any item at all and they try to swipe half your money? And there's not any proof that they even had either doll at all? That seems... Incredibly sketchy. Agreed that the damage is not on you. It's on FedEx and it's their problem to sort out with insurance. I really hope you're able to contact your bank or PayPal or anything... That's really horrible!

Arein
16 minutes ago, abs2891 said:

NGL that sounds like a scam… you shouldn’t be liable for postal damage if you never even touched it.  That’s on the original seller to settle with FedEx to the extent they insured it. 

How’d you pay?  I am positive something like PayPal goods and services would insist on a full refund if you didn’t settle a claim already but I am guessing that’s not on the table 😕

I bought the item through ebay. I opened a claim, but I'm still worried I'll get an employee who is having a bad day or something and they will side with the seller.

abs2891
5 minutes ago, Arein said:

I bought the item through ebay. I opened a claim, but I'm still worried I'll get an employee who is having a bad day or something and they will side with the seller.

If the tracking says you never got it then their policies should be on your side.  I’ll cross my fingers it all goes well. 

Anna-neko
2 hours ago, Arein said:

Does ebay still offer actual phone support? CALL THEM! Talk to a real person!! Get your side of the story out to them before the other party can escalate & make worse claims.  
get all your screenshots of mesgs & tracking, the seller using a different shipping method, etc etc and CALL

Edited by Chise

Arein

Update: Firstly, I like to say thank you to everyone for your advice and kind words. Ebay just emailed me that they closed the case and decided to rule in my favor. They issued me a full refund! I am so beyond happy and relieved!

• Like 9

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Arein said:

Update: Firstly, I like to say thank you to everyone for your advice and kind words. Ebay just emailed me that they closed the case and decided to rule in my favor. They issued me a full refund! I am so beyond happy and relieved!

I would definitely leave feedback calling the seller out for the scam. 

• Like 5

Arein
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I would definitely leave feedback calling the seller out for the scam. 

Oh trust me, I did lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1