Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Miss_Doll_Shop

pumps

Miss_Doll_Shop

Hi! Its so hard to find pumps for smartdoll with normal feet. Anyone knows where to buy pumps with not very high heels?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Miss_Doll_Shop said:

Hi! Its so hard to find pumps for smartdoll with normal feet. Anyone knows where to buy pumps with not very high heels?

Best bet is Etsy imo. There are a lot of SmartDoll shops and 1:3 scale shoe shops. 

You might try SophieToyParadise, their selection is huge. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Miss_Doll_Shop
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Best bet is Etsy imo. There are a lot of SmartDoll shops and 1:3 scale shoe shops. 

You might try SophieToyParadise, their selection is huge. 

Thanks! :) I will look into it right away..

Veravey

While Etsy makes purchasing a lot easier, be careful of price mark-ups there. Many Chinese shops significantly increase their prices on Etsy when compared to their shops on TaoBao. If you can find the item's source (i.e.: the designer/manufacturer such as C.L.S. who make really nice shoes) you can probably find it on TaoBao. I've found some shoes even just on how they look, or a Google reverse image search. For example, I bought some 1/4 boots for $35 on Etsy but later found them on TaoBao for $20 direct from the manufacturer/designer label shop. If you order several items to save on shipping, this added amount adds up quickly.

The added step in purchasing from TaoBao is you'll need to use a proxy, but even with fees and shipping this came out to cheaper in the past for me. Etsy sellers act as a sort of proxy in making purchasing for western customers easier, but that's how they justify marking-up prices (sometimes to extremes.) Similarly, English friendly shops like DolkUS, Alice's Collection, Legend Doll, and Newclover Singing do the same thing. I find Legend marks-up the most; Newclover Singing is my favorite out of all of them. She has a decent selection of shoes: http://newclover-singing.com/category.php?id=231

BUT, I'll also add that shipping is changing these days, though, due to Covid. So proxy shipping fees might go up. Even Etsy shipping fees feel like they've gone up in a few shops I follow. I'm currently in the process of re-assessing cheapest options because it feels like a lot of changing.

As a closing statement, from my experience, shoes and clothing (especially sets) are the most marked-up. Wigs tend to be about the same price ($20-$30 range on average).

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

BeyondTime

One thing I’ll add about Etsy is that the selections for bjd have gotten a lot better in the last few years. I’m finding stuff that used to only be available at doll shows in Japan now, and that opens up a lot of possibilities for doll photography in Europe and the America’s. 

I’ve also been able to order stuff custom fit for my S-bust DDS girls from some shops. Japan still has more access but our market is catching up. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Katsudon

Gonna throw in that I've bought some taobao stuff through SpreeNow, although their search isn't the best. Actually their search is terrible, so you have to have the url of the item you're buying handy. But I found their service pretty good when buying some dolls. Their fees are kinda in the middle of the range I think, not the highest, but not the cheapest either.