Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DesertPhantom51

Boots and a few other things (but mostly boots!)

DesertPhantom51

I'm planning on a 90s themed summer throwback for June as the 90s have been on my mind a lot lately and the start of summer always makes me nostalgic.  So I'm putting some outfits together and I'm having a hard time finding a few things and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction.  I'm looking for a red pair of Dr. Martenish boots for a SKA-punk outfit (Think Gwen Stefani No Doubt Spiderwebs era)and I'm also looking for "oversized" white or band t-shirts and a flannel for a grunge look.  I assume I'll end up just looking at the Uncle or 70cm size shirts for that but thought I'd ask in case anybody knows where I can find one.  

ragnamuffin

Azone has what you want in 45/50 size, which might be too small for a DD but would work for MDD.

White Punk Rock Shirt

Checkered Shirt

Black Stockings

Grungy Black Boots

For the Doc Martens, the closest I can think of are the ones by Angelphilia, but they’ve got a platform and they’re not red but purple.

Hologram Boots Sphinxxx

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Thanks 1

DesertPhantom51

All of my girls are DDS unfortunately so I don't think the Azone clothes would work, but thanks for looking!  Shame too, that checkered shirt would've been great. 

dollieseance

these boots are pretty similar to doc martens, though they dont have a leather look to them 

nine9style also has a few different oversized flannels though theyre pretty pastel, but i also didnt look too deeply into it so there may be others as well 

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, lesbiangaara said:

nine9style also has a few different oversized flannels though theyre pretty pastel, but i also didnt look too deeply into it so there may be others as well 

Nine9Style’s stuff tends to be a bit oversized on DD to start out. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai
2 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

Perfect, thank you!  I've never heard of this shop before, I assume I need a proxy? 

They used to ship direct overseas but discontinued that. You'll need a proxy.

The shop specializes in doing all sorts of single/a-la-carte basics for your dolls. 

1 hour ago, lesbiangaara said:

these boots are pretty similar to doc martens, though they dont have a leather look to them 

I have the MDD version of this flannel. It's probably too pastel for the OP's application.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

ultramarine

These boots from F-Zero on Taobao come in a nice bright red, but they are high heeled which might not be the look you're going for.

Also on Taobao, MV Studio has a cute oversized flannel shirt and have photos of a DD and SDgr body modeling it. Only one color in stock, but maybe after CNY they'll restock the other one.

• Thanks 1

DesertPhantom51
11 hours ago, lesbiangaara said:

I saw those boots and they're in the maybe pile, but I think they look too 'work boot' than punk boot.  

2 hours ago, Matango said:

There's a pretty good selection of boots in this Etsy store, including these ones that come in a nice shade of cherry red: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1100889590/12-color-doll-shoes-leather-shoes-for-16

Oh man, those are great!  I think those may be the winners, but wow that shipping time, I'll have to make a choice soon.

47 minutes ago, ultramarine said:

These boots from F-Zero on Taobao come in a nice bright red, but they are high heeled which might not be the look you're going for.

Also on Taobao, MV Studio has a cute oversized flannel shirt and have photos of a DD and SDgr body modeling it. Only one color in stock, but maybe after CNY they'll restock the other one.

Yeah, the high heel kills it for this idea, but man, if I ever do an 80s metal theme.  Those boots are Rad with a capital R!

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

but wow that shipping time

A lot of doll stuff on Etsy is made to order, so they want 4 - 8 weeks lead time. I’ve got a few dresses I’ll be waiting another 6 or so weeks for, but they’re going to be custom fit to DDS-S, and one black evening gown for Shiburin that will be custom fit for DD-M. Worth the wait imo. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DesertPhantom51
53 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

A lot of doll stuff on Etsy is made to order, so they want 4 - 8 weeks lead time. I’ve got a few dresses I’ll be waiting another 6 or so weeks for, but they’re going to be custom fit to DDS-S, and one black evening gown for Shiburin that will be custom fit for DD-M. Worth the wait imo. 

Oh, I know, and I totally agree.  It's just sobering that I need to hurry up and find something if I want it here on time.