Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Misheru

Eye size for semi-real sculpts

Misheru

Hello, thanks in advance for the help. I am getting some aftermarket eyes for my husband’s Smart Doll because he is making a custom character. I have tried to find information on what size. I have found answers from 14mm to 22mm. I am now so confused.  He wants just a bit of the white to show and these are close to the style of eyes.  Can you help me with what size to get? Thank you!!!

0B9F83DD-41E8-4B84-B654-C65EF763B898.jpeg

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

ateliervanilla
On 2/28/2022 at 1:03 AM, Misheru said:

Hello, thanks in advance for the help. I am getting some aftermarket eyes for my husband’s Smart Doll because he is making a custom character. I have tried to find information on what size. I have found answers from 14mm to 22mm. I am now so confused.  He wants just a bit of the white to show and these are close to the style of eyes.  Can you help me with what size to get? Thank you!!!

0B9F83DD-41E8-4B84-B654-C65EF763B898.jpeg

I have made semi-real eyes for SmD and they can accommodate 18-20mm eye bases but with smaller irises (iris size depends on the doll owner's preference).

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

teensybits

It depends on the sculpt and the owner preference - I have a Monday (semi-real) with 16mm enchanted doll eyes. Anything smaller looks deranged.
I have a Survivor, also semi-real, but she has 16mm type B dollflower eyes (so approx 15mm) and any bigger would be way too big to look natural - she could do a 14mm pair.