Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Claudia79

Body tights or Body Stocking?

Claudia79

Hello and happy week everyone! 😃

I have to choose between Body Tights and Body Stocking for my Sailor Dollfies.
Which one do you recommend?

I heard Body Tights is not nice on Sailor Moon and her friends' bodies.

BeyondTime

I’m not sure what you mean by body tights?

The main things you need to use stain prevention on are dark wig caps, dark colored clothing, and in the case of the senshi, their tiaras and scepters.

For Dollfie in general I use a variety of body stockings that are designed to cover just the parts that need it. Like a shorts style that just covers the torso, hips, and upper thigh which is perfect for outfits that have short dark colored skirts that look best if the rest of the legs are bare. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Claudia79
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m not sure what you mean by body tights?

They're also known as "Full bodysuit".

Claudia79
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

For Dollfie in general I use a variety of body stockings that are designed to cover just the parts that need it. Like a shorts style that just covers the torso, hips, and upper thigh which is perfect for outfits that have short dark colored skirts that look best if the rest of the legs are bare. 

So the Body Stocking for DD I saw on the Volks website should be good. I'm just little worried about the gloves... Their dye could stain the arm skin.

Roxanne
14 minutes ago, Claudia79 said:

So the Body Stocking for DD I saw on the Volks website should be good. I'm just little worried about the gloves... Their dye could stain the arm skin.

I don't own any of the Sailor Dollfies just yet (or any with similar gloves for that matter) so this is just a thought; but wouldn't it work well to use the tape undernearth the colored part of the gloves? The rest of the gloves are white and should pose no risk, it's just the colored part, so I'm thinking the tape would work just well to solve that.

My instagram! 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Claudia79 said:

I can't stand the look of those gloves, so mine never wear them. I have no idea if they are stainers, but better safe than sorry.

53 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I don't own any of the Sailor Dollfies just yet (or any with similar gloves for that matter) so this is just a thought; but wouldn't it work well to use the tape undernearth the colored part of the gloves? The rest of the gloves are white and should pose no risk, it's just the colored part, so I'm thinking the tape would work just well to solve that.

That's a good idea, but if possible you want to put the tape on the gloves and not the doll. The sticky side of the protect tape leaves indentations in the vinyl. Vinyl has memory, so over time the indentations do disappear on their own, but it's best to apply the tape to the clothes. It's just hard to do that with clothing items that experience a lot of friction when you put them on.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction