Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Mega Negi

A dollfie sized bench I found for really cheap.

Mega Negi

I found a metal miniature bench at Hobby Lobby listed at $40, but it was on sale for 40% off. It looked about the right size .

Miku added for scale.

In the side view you can see that it is just a little bit short for a DD's legs to be sitting flush on the floor. This issue is even more apparent if your doll is wearing high heels or platform shoes.

Bench01.jpg

Bench02.jpg

Bench03.jpg

Mega Negi

I found a 1" piece of foam and wrapped it in vinyl and added it to the seat of the bench. TBH, the sheet metal seat didn't look all that comfy. Now, it is just a little too tall for Miku's feet to reach the floor, but it works fine with other dolls with different shoes/boots.

Bench04.jpg

• Like 1

Mega Negi

I went back for a second bench and also found a drying mat that was just the right size and had the look of something you'd find on patio furniture so I grabbed that as well.

I attached it to the bench with some velcro. The back of the pad had a fluffy texture so I only had to use the prickly part of the velcro, it stuck to the other side just fine and it ended up fitting like it was designed to be there.

Thickness wise, it could be a little better. It works well enough but if a doll is wearing high heels, it'll be an issue. Not as noticeable for DDS though.

IBench05.jpg

Bench06.jpg

Bench07.jpg

• Like 12

StormyWeather

oh, miku looks so much more comfortable now!!

Even aside from comfort, i would suggest anyone else that buys this do something similar- metal can tarnish over time, and the tarnish can rub off on things like dolls or their clothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime

Nice find, and good crafting. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mega Negi

Now that I think about it, the other way to adjust the height of the bench would be to add something to the feet to bring it to the desired height.

I still think that adding something to the seat is really needed. The original surface looks awful.and uncomfortable.

I think that spray painting the whole thing white or some other light color might make it look more like patio furniture.

wrathion

I love the idea of the fabric wrapped around it, it really makes it look like a nice piece of furniture. I think spray painting it white would be cute, IMO!

• Like 1

Gbirdy

Gonna necro this thread, This very bench is on sale right now for 13.60 USD

• Like 2