Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

waha

How do you convince yourself?

DivinitaAria
I'm actually quite stingy with my money. Things a lot of people would just spend money on without thinking about it, I either think hard about it or don't buy it at all. Because of that, money is actually not really an issue for me. If you don't spend money, you end up having money left over.

So if I bother to buy dolls or doll stuff, it's because I decided I really, really wanted it. And I probably agonized for days or weeks or more thinking about it.

Put it this way. I agonized on whether to buy a new computer for well over a year (and being irritated at it every day) before finally buying one. It wasn't at all a money issue. It was more I was being stingy with my money and wasn't sure I felt like spending it. I kept telling myself what I had was good enough at the same time I was being mad that it was slow and really old.

I'm the exact same way

I regret one doll purchase, and I knew I regretted it once the doll was shipped. Money NOT well spent

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

still_doll+vk

I'm very tight or very thrifty when it comes to money though{well I actually spend my allowance though =_= } so if there is a newly released and cute DD, it all depends on my budget or money. Reason why I'm dying to go to work/collage to get money and buy either Saber Lily/Extra or newly released DD

you are born not because you have a purpose in this world, you are born because you are special to someone!

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

[*]Taiwan Hetalia dollfie

Nightmare Tea

Hmmm... Interesting question.

If I see something I want, and I want it A LOT, first I take a moment to think about it.

I think of what I would do with it, what would be the pros and cons of having it, and stuff like that.

If I decide I want it, alright then.

Money is a big issue, though.

Being the age I am, it's very hard to get a large amount of money.

So usually I sell stuff I don't need, do work for my family, and make sure that I don't spend it all in one go at an impulse buy.

aaircrash

Basically I don't. I see it, I'll tell myself: "No. You shouldn't buy that." and then like half an hour later I've mindlessly purchased, bid, or entered for it. :\

This is the cause of being a teenager who doesn't have to pay for rent, or food, or bills, or gas . Since I don't really have anything to spend my income on all of my money (I take as many hours as I can get at my job) goes to my hobbies ._. I really need to break this habit before I go off to Uni in a year ^^;

Wishing Uzuki Shimamura, Rin Shibuya

Owning Miriam (Smart Doll Mirai), Alexia (DDS Marisa Kirisame)

DivinitaAria

Today I bought two clothing sets from the DoA marketplace...I am in dire need of clothes as I am downsizing to just SD girls (and DD, but they seem to almost fit into the same things)...and I don't know how I convinced myself to just spend $114 on two outfits

I just bought 2 doll outfits...for $114...Now, I'd say I got them decent prices at least. They were Volks sets and priced less than the original. But wow

I don't understand how, in my mind, it was okay to enter for Rise, but it isn't for two outfits

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

DefectiveAngel
Today I bought two clothing sets from the DoA marketplace...I am in dire need of clothes as I am downsizing to just SD girls (and DD, but they seem to almost fit into the same things)...and I don't know how I convinced myself to just spend $114 on two outfits

I just bought 2 doll outfits...for $114...Now, I'd say I got them decent prices at least. They were Volks sets and priced less than the original. But wow

I don't understand how, in my mind, it was okay to enter for Rise, but it isn't for two outfits

Wow I wish I could say that I've only spent $114 on 2 Volks outfits. :/

I always end up paying top dollar for the Volks outfits I get, I guess where I have such a taste for the rarer hard to find ones.

Looking back I have no idea how I convinced myself of this, but I ended up spending $266 just for the Intrigue Rose Dress by Volks. That's right $266 just for one dress and it was still pretty new at the time when I purchased it.

I guess there is no convincing involved for me, I'm just plain nuts. XD

It does make me wonder though how I've brought myself to pay such insane prices for their clothing. I guess my love for seeing my girls look their best is super strong.

The biggest chunk of my paychecks go to them and the other to bills. I never leave any money for myself to buy what I need. I haven't bothered to buy any new clothes for myself in a very long time.

Plus it doesn't help my bank account any that 4 out of my 6 girls went past the $1,000 mark to purchase them.

For those familar with what girls I own the major shock is that my most expensive girl was Sakura at $1,500. But she did have all 3 of her outfits with her (Everyday, Bikini, and Dark Transformation) I guess that eases the pain of her price some.

Anyway you look at it my passion for this hobby is really strong considering how much I've invested in it. There is no denying I care very much for my girls and it is a joy to have them. I think that's what it is all about. And I always try to be careful and not go way overboard to where my account is totally drained, so it's all good.

HezaChan

I just recently purchased my first DD and I convinced myself by thinking:

"This is probably the only time you're going to see this NIB for this price ever. You've wanted it for a long time, just bid on it"

I figured since Yoko is pretty hard to get at a decent price (specially NIB + Special Swimsuit Bonus) I should take the opportunity and run with it. I am glad that I did!

misskale

I think at this point I'm good on getting anymore in general. I sort of have one of each of the different types, even if some count twice.

The only one I want now is one of the versions of Mirai/Candy. However, I'm not stampeding out to get one because this next year is the 10th anniversary, and part of me is holding out for the chance that they'll do another version.

Selenia

I always fail to convince myself when it comes to the dolls the last lottery proved it

Janeway

How l convince myself is by looking at pictures and doing research on the dollfie/obitsu that l want to buy to add to the family.

cristaelf

Easy close your eyes then open them again and click order Because then you know the sooner you order the sooner your dollfie arrives. That's how I convince myself.

Chelly-Ice

Since i don't have a job (14 year olds usually can't get these), and make 20 dollars a month, i am ALWAYS on a tight budget.

Usually, i just say "Chelly, your girlies need more friends/ Giovanni REALLY needs a girlfriend/ Your girls always need more clothes" and go through with it.

But in most cases, i never have enough money, and have to pass it up.

manueli

If it's not something I absolutely want, I pass it. Outfits and stuff come and go, and there are always new releases to look forward to! And since I'm pretty demanding, it isn't too hard... If the item raises any doubts or second thoughts if I want it, I propably will not get it. Though if the item - be it doll or outfit - raises NO doubts I go for it, and usually don't regret using my money on it... Even if it means being on a tighter budget for a while.

I was thinking about going for MDD Cirno, but she wasn't quite perfect enough for me... I don't regret passing her since I might use that money to get some dolls that are better suited for my tastes...

still_doll+vk

it will take me a lifetime to get a money and buy the DD I desire for most. It will take time I swear

you are born not because you have a purpose in this world, you are born because you are special to someone!

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

Anriko

*delurk!*

I personally have a few questions I ask myself first:

Are the important bills paid? [food, rent, power, etc]

Is there any other bill/payment I can throw this money at instead?

Is any of this from overtime/triple time? [because I save those for fun money]

Just HOW rare is it?

How much am I hating my job right now? [trust me, this is important!]

The answers to these questions determine the final answer.

still_doll+vk
*delurk!*

I personally have a few questions I ask myself first:

Are the important bills paid? [food, rent, power, etc]

Is there any other bill/payment I can throw this money at instead?

Is any of this from overtime/triple time? [because I save those for fun money]

Just HOW rare is it?

How much am I hating my job right now? [trust me, this is important!]

The answers to these questions determine the final answer.

hmm, that one is an interesting question:

first, it depends on the bill, though I have to deal with the problems on that on the mere future

second, there are a lot on the bills though I have to throw money

third, I don't really know

sadly, I cant do much of these

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie